Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A****n 0 Mighty Wolves 2 - Verdict thread

cowshed

Reaction score
Watched on a bit of a delay as kick-off clashed with my son’s team’s game against our local rivals (where we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2).

Really pleased with how the players stood up to the physical challenge and atmosphere. Thought Kilman was immense and Doyle very good, and ultimately our superior quality told. Neto and Cunha just get what it means to us.

A BCD win, a win for my son’s team and the cricket in India. Not sure sporting days can get much better.

Safe travels back to all those who went.
And West Indies win in Australia, icing on the cake

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was strangely calm throughout the game, maybe it was being there made it less nervy throughout rather than sat watching it on TV.

For me it was a fairly routine, 2-0 victory. They had a couple of half chances but it always felt like we had an extra 3 gears if and when we needed them. Two superbly taken goals as well

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

• postscount.png
xx.gif

Re: After Match Debate

« Reply #110 on: Today at 11:16:12 AM »

Not going to comment about the pathetic carry on after their second goal as it's been done to death.

As for the game, pretty much as expected. £100m worth of players in front of goal made all the difference. You know what you'll get from us, work hard, be well organised and if their extra quality pays on the day the fair play. That Neto and Cunha are proper players, an actual number 9 in their side and you'd have to say they've got a realistic chance of sneaking into the Euro spots or at least having a good crack at a cup run now.

For us, I'll never complain at a defeat if I think the players have left it all out there. We knew where our deficiencies were, nothing changes after yesterday. Onto the Blues game now.

The above was posted on the Albion forum, and shows that there are decent West Brom Fans. I don’t think we should tar them all with the same brush.

Leemack

Reaction score

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

• postscount.png
xx.gif

Re: After Match Debate

« Reply #110 on: Today at 11:16:12 AM »

Not going to comment about the pathetic carry on after their second goal as it's been done to death.

As for the game, pretty much as expected. £100m worth of players in front of goal made all the difference. You know what you'll get from us, work hard, be well organised and if their extra quality pays on the day the fair play. That Neto and Cunha are proper players, an actual number 9 in their side and you'd have to say they've got a realistic chance of sneaking into the Euro spots or at least having a good crack at a cup run now.

For us, I'll never complain at a defeat if I think the players have left it all out there. We knew where our deficiencies were, nothing changes after yesterday. Onto the Blues game now.

The above was posted on the Albion forum, and shows that there are decent West Brom Fans. I don’t think we should tar them all with the same brush.
Yeah a fair footballing fans pov.

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I felt to be honest the occasion didnt click with certain players till a few minutes in. Dawson and Lemina from the outset got it and Dawson essentially kept us in it for the first twenty minutes
Then players grew into the game. Doc, Kilman, Toti and Doyle who I am falling in love with now as a player and a wind up merchant he was first class giving that end of albion fans lip before it all kicked off
Going forward aside from taking the two goals we looked poor. Neto looked knackered, Bellegarde clearly got a telling off for not getting involved and attempted to tackle but he didnt fancy it and Cunha was well marshalled and at one point got a clothesline for his efforts.
A mad game of football one we could have easily have messed up. Just hope we can beat Brighton now

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was strangely calm throughout the game, maybe it was being there made it less nervy throughout rather than sat watching it on TV.

For me it was a fairly routine, 2-0 victory. They had a couple of half chances but it always felt like we had an extra 3 gears if and when we needed them. Two superbly taken goals as well

I only got agitated a couple of times. Mainly when we kept giving the ball away needlessly.

Other than that I kept the stress to a minimum

BillyBoots

Groupie
Reaction score
What winds me up is when they pass back to Jose you just know he's going to kick it out or to the opposition either way we lose possession

Ebbo

Reaction score
Nothing much to add thats not been said, but they really did embarrass themselves yesterday. The obsession with the 1-5 defeat is almost tragic now... it's all they have to hang on to though! in the words of the Stone Roses:

Kiss me where the sun don't shine
The past was yours
But the future's mine*
You're all out of time

* well ours in this case

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not a great performance in my book. Albion had good chances before we opened the scoring,
and credit to the Albion coach for having worked out the positions most likely to cause us problems.

I think the defence may have been a little thrown by the occasion, but Sa looked totally up for it, and
we always, always carry threat on the counter. Result outweighs performance massively in the cup, however,
so one to savour.

Player scores:

Sa: On a roll at the moment. Looks alert and confident, and its going to take an excellent finish to get past him....8

Semedo: Albion tended to go down the other side, so a quiet game for Nelson. Continued his excellent form.......7

Doherty: Has played himself into fine form, looking to be purposeful with all that he does, whether it is attacking or
defending. Great assist......7

Toti: Usual strong defending, but got done a couple of times......7

Dawson: Grew into the game, after him and Kilman had both been caught out of position. Stood up for Cunha brilliantly....7

Kilman: Mostly impressive, vital block in the 6 yard box and great pass to Cunha, but a hesitant start.....7

Doyle: Really helps having someone whose ball retention and passing is so efficient. Was key to preventing Albion gaining any
head of steam.....7

Lemina: Still looks slightly off the pace after his time out, but battled away, and some good moments.....7

Bellegarde: As noted from last week, he is finding it hard to get consistently involved, Looks dangerous and tricky on the ball,
and almost grabbed a goal with an excellent shot, but sidelined too much. Work in progress.....6

Cunha: Excellent fluid performance. Runs, and runs and runs. Really finding his role in the team, great goal.....8

Neto: Again still finding his feet after the injury, imo. Regulates how much he puts in and looks to be operating at
around 85% of maximum. Still enough to help win games, as defenders cannot live with his close control and pace, but a lot more to
come......7

Subs: Ait Nouri and Chirewa played a role in seeing the game out......

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I only got agitated a couple of times. Mainly when we kept giving the ball away needlessly.

Other than that I kept the stress to a minimum
The Sandwell lot did what I expected and came at us early doors but after the first 10 mins we were in control. I likened it to watching Tyson Fury fight, we kept them at arms length knowing we had too much quality and that chances would come and we’d score.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What winds me up is when they pass back to Jose you just know he's going to kick it out or to the opposition either way we lose possession
Yeppppp, this. We seemed to have cut it out but last few games we've reverted to going back to him constantly and it almost always ends in us giving up possession. Infuriating.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had a mate point to them having more shots, slightly more possession and corners as if these were incredibly important things, and I thought to myself you don’t really get it mate, we’ve just executed a gameplan on you extremely well because we have miles more quality. Barely broke a sweat in a BCD in reality
Can you smellllll what the Gaz is cooooookinnnn

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A bit of a hindsight post but at the time I was genuinely worried that they were a real goal threat and it was a matter of time before they scored, I also thought that we were dropping down to their level. In reality they were toiling away against us, getting it wide and crossing the ball for Toti, Dawson and Kilman to contest. There was never any major goal threat other than the potential loose ball or deflection.

In terms of our overall play I felt, second half in particular, we just matched their work rate and desire and banked on what happened: a chance falling to one of our superior attacking players.

Professional job well done.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It was never gonna be an easy game, despite the gulf in squads. Bcd was always gonna be a leveller. However, i have to trust that it was GON tactics as to why we played it so slowly in defence and midfield as he knew we have two more big games coming up. Most of our lot would have barely broken sweat apart from cunha and neto it was so pedestrian at times and that can hopefully mean we have come through without any more injuries and have a good go at man utd.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14 seconds is the beauty in that clip. To hear hundreds of the albion fans squeal an anguished "no..." before being immediately drowned out by the Wolves.

14 seconds. Just after they had cheered as they thought the chance was lost.

Listen to it a few times and you won't regret it. I wonder if I could isolate it and make it my new ring tone.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a terrible game from a quality perspective and to be fair, Corberan got his tactics spot on. He must be fuming that all his good work was undone by a stupid corner.

I expected that to be honest, so no complaints about out performance. We had to battle, we had to stick at it, and they've probably had two decent chances all game, so we defended well.

That game was only about the result though.

Crucial we bring in a forward before the deadline.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
14 seconds is the beauty in that clip. To hear hundreds of the albion fans squeal an anguished "no..." before being immediately drowned out by the Wolves.

14 seconds. Just after they had cheered as they thought the chance was lost.

Listen to it a few times and you won't regret it. I wonder if I could isolate it and make it my new ring tone.
My new phone tone...

Attachments

• no yes no yes no no no no nooo yeeesss.zip
    304.5 KB · Views: 43

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought it was a terrible game from a quality perspective and to be fair, Corberan got his tactics spot on. He must be fuming that all his good work was undone by a stupid corner.
Did he? I thought his boys wasted a whole bunch of energy doing nothing, and that corner is not good coaching. Watching them sprint at Sa just to have it go over their heads again was one of those "what exactly do you lot have planned?" actions. Just wasting energy, and after the initial burst Wolves had a lot more room to operate.

WBA win that game by sitting back and not letting Wolves break them down before they catch an odd goal on the break or from a set piece after frustrating Wolves for awhile.

Instead they played right into the Wolves gameplan and got caught twice without making Wolves work hard for either goal.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did he? I thought his boys wasted a whole bunch of energy doing nothing, and that corner is not good coaching. Watching them sprint at Sa just to have it go over their heads again was one of those "what exactly do you lot have planned?" actions. Just wasting energy, and after the initial burst Wolves had a lot more room to operate.

WBA win that game by sitting back and not letting Wolves break them down before they catch an odd goal on the break or from a set piece after frustrating Wolves for awhile.

Instead they played right into the Wolves gameplan and got caught twice without making Wolves work hard for either goal.

To be fair I don't think they did play into our hands. It was a corner. It's nothing to do with tactics, it's an incredibly bad corner from an individual.

I thought it was an even game, so as the lesser team, you have to say they were set up well IMO. It was poor on quality all-round though, no doubt.

You can argue we played within ourselves, and hopefully we did, but it was a poor performance from us in an attacking sense I felt. Again, it absolutely does not matter and we showed heart/good organisation.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Btw, delighted none of the Wolves players took any bad knocks that will last beyond today. To be honest, I thought Wolves looked bigger and stronger for the most part.
I thought that, too. Usually, teams in stripes look much taller but West Brom's players were turned into short featherweights. We were fitter, faster and much stronger - despite rarely getting out of first gear.

Those two headers in front of our goal (before we scored) were so pathetically weak. Given that a lot of their goals are from scraps in the box from corners or long throws, I had assumed they were a bunch of Nephelim

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The number of times I've watched this video of Neto celebrating in front of the Albion... inject it straight into my veins.

Watched that last night on YouTube and had to keep going back a minute.

They went from deep concern, to laughter and relief, to screams of agony, to a corporate outpouring of violent obscenities.

Can't be good for one's health.

Reaction score

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
To be fair I don't think they did play into our hands. It was a corner. It's nothing to do with tactics, it's an incredibly bad corner from an individual.

I thought it was an even game, so as the lesser team, you have to say they were set up well IMO. It was poor on quality all-round though, no doubt.

You can argue we played within ourselves, and hopefully we did, but it was a poor performance from us in an attacking sense I felt. Again, it absolutely does not matter and we showed heart/good organisation.
We played well within ourselves. We’ve got Man Utd and Chelsea to come this week, much more important games. And even playing within ourselves we were too good for them bunch of scruffs.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our media team is so, so good.

Those chosen clips were put together so as to capture what this means to Wolves fans. That montage screamed revenge, elation, mockery, dominance - and the players getting what it meant.

The bond between these players and our supporters cannot be more solid.

Back
Top Bottom