Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A****n 0 Mighty Wolves 2 - Verdict thread

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted to get into the 5th round against our local rivals, but a forgettable match that will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Already, just looking to whom we get in the next round and Albion is out of my memory bank. Won't be watching any 'highlights', that's for sure.
Toti, Cunha, Neto and the ever-improving Doyle were our best players. Dawson had a 'mare.
Now, let's go and win it, Wolves.
Disagree re Dawson. He made a couple of crucial blocks in the first half when the score was 0-0.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Bit of an odd feeling coming out. Some albion fans had been causing trouble all through the second half and there were no away fans in the stand nearest us where trouble kept flaring up. Far end - no idea but saw a lot of concerned wba players. Heard on the way out that one of the players carries his daughter out. Their (real) fans not happy about the behaviour at all.

That aside, not a great game but we put our chances away. Wba were awful in front if goal tho can't say they really created much anyway.

Can we have maidstone at our place please?
Don't worry. There is no shame in coming out

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not the greatest of records against them, but as they say "He who laughs last, laughs longest".

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha..

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Bennies' fans missed our players with their water bottles.

Clearly been watching their strikers :)

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A subdued but professional win. I get why O'Neil wanted to take the sting out of the occasion, especially early on, but the tempo was so low in the first 30 minutes that it left the front three impotent and Neto in particular highly frustrated. A better team than Albion could have taken advantage, but they never had the required quality.

Cunha was poor for the most part but came into his own more as the game progressed, and was there when needed. Doyle, Kilman and (until he started looking knackered after 70) Doherty were all class. Neto and Semedo were steady and reliable. Bellegarde and - unusually - Lemina played very much within themselves.

I think we played to the manager's plan, which was flat for long periods, but it was what we needed on the day, and that's fine.

The Albion supporters were thick as steak pie, and the bottle throwing and late ruckus was just pathetic. But it is what it is.

One of the most enjoyable things was being able to watch a game without VAR. Just made it all so much sharper and more immersive.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol. Their fans massively overreacted to wolves fans in the home end. And before that throwing stuff at Doyle and Doc. Tainted my ****
Thought it just dragged their wait to lose out for another half hour.
Thought we were class and showed the gulf between us. Bring on Brighton.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of an anti climax...
Same for me. Just too easy, thankfully. A stroll in the park, nothing more. The crowd disturbance really sad, esp if it turns out it was Wolves fans in the home section. Mindless idiots if so. Onwards and upwards.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The baggies message boards are a hoot; many comments about it being close and only 50M strikers were the difference.
Wolves played a contained, patient game with skill and composure and beat a clogging mid-championship team.

They aren’t totally wrong though…..

they had chances to score and wasted openings that would be exploited if they had cunha and Neto.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won in second gear.Just imagine if we actually had a centre forward worthy of the name....the number of times this season we break forward on the wings and there is no one in the middle to centre to....it is a huge brake on our potential as a team. As Gary knows only too well.....just seen Jota score a cracker vs Norwich...

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won in second gear.Just imagine if we actually had a centre forward worthy of the name....the number of times this season we break forward on the wings and there is no one in the middle to centre to....it is a huge brake on our potential as a team. As Gary knows only too well.

I know I said it earlier, but today was a perfect game for Sasa. We played lots of cut backs and wanted to use set piece.

This was a game where the big lad could have done well and been a better shout the JRB

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Should be a much closer game against Brighton than in the recent past. They are not too good away from home and Wolves are full of confidence - even more so at Molineux.

Rather that draw than Liverpool away or any number of draws away.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All a bit anticlimactic, they were awful, never really felt in any threat from em. Nice stroll on the beach.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought Kilman played well and Cunha and Neto always looked dangerous on the break. We werent great but we didnt need to be. We need a no9 brought in before Thursday to offer some competition and variety.
I notice GON stated how short we were in attacking numbers again in the presser. I would be very surprised if we don't bring one in, and a little disappointed too. I don't expect stroker per se, but an experienced attacker like Jota for example.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I notice GON stated how short we were in attacking numbers again in the presser. I would be very surprised if we don't bring one in, and a little disappointed too. I don't expect stroker per se, but an experienced attacker like Jota for example.

Agree mate. I dont expect a massive signing but at least someone to give us some variety. There must be someone out there we can get on loan in world football. We are way to light in attack. Even not the bog standard no 9 but a player that can play across the three.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely lovely to roll into their dump and win without hardly a tremor of worry. Kilman MoM for me, but good solid performances all round. They were pretty toothless to be fair. Highlight was being able to celebrate Cunha’s goal knowing it was not going to be VAR’d.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Typical derby game, lots of misplaced passed from both sides. cagey and in 2 moments we showed some quality. Brilliant to win overshadowed by some nonsense

Back
Top Bottom