Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A****n 0 Mighty Wolves 2 - Verdict thread

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surrey Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good solid win, happy days especially seeing their fans go full wibbler, nice look

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get in. **** off Albion!!

Some big performances today but Kilman and Cunha were standout. Doc knew what the game was about too.

Wasn’t a good performance but it was never going to be a free flowing game for us, we dug in and got the result.
I think I was sat next to you at the start of that game young man, I saw you were posting on here so I snooped, to chicken to say anything though :)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Watched on a bit of a delay as kick-off clashed with my son’s team’s game against our local rivals (where we came back from 2-0 down to win 3-2).

Really pleased with how the players stood up to the physical challenge and atmosphere. Thought Kilman was immense and Doyle very good, and ultimately our superior quality told. Neto and Cunha just get what it means to us.

A BCD win, a win for my son’s team and the cricket in India. Not sure sporting days can get much better.

Safe travels back to all those who went.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A great win. We played like we were half asleep and still beat the ****. A match to endure than an enjoy for the most part. Doyle the Man of the Match. On to the next round.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already annoying me that everyone is reporting it as both sets of fans fighting each other. Hope they get done by the FA.

Anyway...

Professional performance, two good goals, and a comfortable win albeit were miles off it, second half especially was infuriating before Cunha sealed it.

Well done Gary, well done lads. On we go!

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought it was a pretty **** performance from us overall but it was still more than enough to beat them ****s, Doyle MOTM for me with Kilman, Toti and Semedo also putting in a good shift, Albion fans acting like the complete bellends they are and somehow Wolves are at fault according to the media

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit of an odd feeling coming out. Some albion fans had been causing trouble all through the second half and there were no away fans in the stand nearest us where trouble kept flaring up. Far end - no idea but saw a lot of concerned wba players. Heard on the way out that one of the players carries his daughter out. Their (real) fans not happy about the behaviour at all.

That aside, not a great game but we put our chances away. Wba were awful in front if goal tho can't say they really created much anyway.

Can we have maidstone at our place please?

Leemack

Reaction score
Bit of an odd feeling coming out. Some albion fans had been causing trouble all through the second half and there were no away fans in the stand nearest us where trouble kept flaring up. Far end - no idea but saw a lot of concerned wba players. Heard on the way out that one of the players carries his daughter out. Their (real) fans not happy about the behaviour at all.

That aside, not a great game but we put our chances away. Wba were awful in front if goal tho can't say they really created much anyway.

Can we have maidstone at our place please?
Maidstone at home would be awesome

I think it'll be Liverpool, Luton or Brighton away lol

Topcat

Groupie
Reaction score
We’ll that game just shows why we’re a prem team and them lot are in the chump!

My only word to describe them is cloggers!

If they were still playing now they wouldn’t score, very poor team in my opinion.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think I was sat next to you at the start of that game young man, I saw you were posting on here so I snooped, to chicken to say anything though :)
Haha. Wasn’t me mate, must have been somebody else. Although I’d have given my right arm to be there today!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not much of a contest really … more of a Sunday stroll in the park. Don’t think I’ve ever felt quite so relaxed in a BCD game … or so sure of the result. I lit up my big fat Cuban cigar on 47 minutes.

Not sure why WBA didn’t try harder and at least attempt to win the game. They must be saving themselves for lower league obscurity. Poor sausages.

Tommy Doyle is a great young player. Whoever got hold of him for next to nothing and sent ‘jug ears‘ packing for £50m plus deserves the freedom of the city. I’d even chuck in half a pint myself.

Cunha was superb. Love the lad.

But, I would like to call out Toti today. I liked the way he started the game. Full of intent and purpose. Determined, strong, aggressive and striving to win. Well done lad. He set the tone. However, he could have saved his energy cos my old granny could have slotted in there today and we’d have still been comfortable.

Surprised there was only 2 minutes of added time given the extended break while the Bogey fans were trying to come to terms with being very much second best. Scrap that … they didn’t even come second really. If it had been a boxing match, the towel would have been thrown in well before the end with an urgent call going out to the nearest paramedic unit.

Quite staggering the gulf between the two teams.

Wolves piddled all other the bogeys today … and then some. I’m heading off to the pub now for a celebratory pint or ten. Happy days.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is there anywhere legal to watch on catchup? Can't seem to get access to it on ITVX...

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Delighted to get into the 5th round against our local rivals, but a forgettable match that will be remembered for all the wrong reasons. Already, just looking to whom we get in the next round and Albion is out of my memory bank. Won't be watching any 'highlights', that's for sure.
Toti, Cunha, Neto and the ever-improving Doyle were our best players. Dawson had a 'mare.
Now, let's go and win it, Wolves.
Dawson did not have 'a mare'. Which game were you watching?

Player ratings from Birmingham World got it right:-

3. Craig Dawson - 8​

The former Albion man threw himself at absolutely everything, no matter where it was on the field. Dawson showed so much desire and often came out on top in physical battles. He managed the offside trap well, too.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What stood out for me was in the pre-match coverage, seeing Gera and Brunt being interviewed, both looking middle aged and carrying a bit of timber, and it really hit home how long ago that mini period of dominance Albion had over us was.
Today we won comfortably without really getting out of second gear, and having the talismanic Hwang and our midfield general Gomes missing.

Not 100% sure what happened in the crowd there, but clearly it meant a lot more to the Boggies support than they’ve tried to let on in the build up.
I’ve heard a rumour that the disturbance was down to a lot of confused Bogey fans all trying to find the exits at the same time. Kept running around bumping into each other.

Back
Top Bottom