Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A Liverpool slant on Conor Coady

sheffwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Really good article, thanks for posting. Enjoyed watching Coady at Sheff United and couldn't believe they didn't try to sign him (they thought he would cost too much so didn't even bother make an enquiry!). He has been a revelation this season, thanks in equal measure to Nuno and his own doing. Gets overlooked by the Mendez, Portuguese, big money signings, but he has been a major factor in how well we have done this season. Love Coads.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Strange to think he was sort of attacking at some point he scored a screamer against us we turned down the chance to sign him for 250k then paid 2m cheers thelwell

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s C O A D Y
He’s C O A DY
He’s gold and black
He plays centre back
He’s C O A D Y

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
Seriously do you see him playing in the Premiership? Fair play to him been awesome this season but just think Nuno will be upgrading in that position, think Coady will get found out defensively in the premier

C

Calufur

Seriously do you see him playing in the Premiership? Fair play to him been awesome this season but just think Nuno will be upgrading in that position, think Coady will get found out defensively in the premier
You may very well be right against a much higher standard of opponent, however I certainly didn't see him in this role pre-Nuno so who knows for sure.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

100% I think he'll play, if we can sign Boly permanent and sign another top class centre half to upgrade/replace Bennett (sorry Ryan!), then I think those two with Conor in the middle will be absolutely fine. He doesn't have to do a lot of defending anyway in our team, that's how the back three works. The other two do most of the defensive stuff, Conor just chips in with clearances and tackles when he's needed.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just read the article. I can't be the only one who said to the themselves "It's Diogo, not Diego".

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really love Coady, his enthusiasm is infectious.

Sorry to go off topic for a second, but in that same article is the video of Nunos first introduction to the media when he joined the club.
It is fascinating to listen to him then, knowing what we all know now. Everything he said and promised he would do he has done and much more.
When so many managers promise you the world and achieve very little, very comforting and reassuring to know that we really have got the real deal with our man.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An excellent read and spot on!
Many thanks for posting this Chode.

Clifton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% I think he'll play, if we can sign Boly permanent and sign another top class centre half to upgrade/replace Bennett (sorry Ryan!), then I think those two with Conor in the middle will be absolutely fine. He doesn't have to do a lot of defending anyway in our team, that's how the back three works. The other two do most of the defensive stuff, Conor just chips in with clearances and tackles when he's needed.

In principle I agree but he will have to do a lot of defending in the prem, it’s a huge step up from Champ level and anyone who thinks otherwise is in for a shock.

M

Mr Wolf

Great passing & reading of the game but at the next level his defensive abilities will come under more scrutiny against better, faster more intelligent powerful athletes.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has had very good season for us ..... at Championship level!

Won’t be quick enough for the Premier League where the striker quality is unrecognisable from what he’s dealt with this season!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

By a few teams, yes but not many. And even against the quality Premier League sides, we'll have a good go.
Honestly, when you guys talk about 'Premier League quality', it's like you think every club is Man City. They're not!

wolfinaguernsey

Reaction score
By a few teams, yes but not many. And even against the quality Premier League sides, we'll have a good go.
Honestly, when you guys talk about 'Premier League quality', it's like you think every club is Man City. They're not!
Perhaps not but most teams have a decent striker and they will making sure that striker plays on him, not having a go at him because he has been awesome this season just wondered what peoples thoughts were regarding him in the Premiership

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the position he plays, pace won't be an issue. His general defensive qualities will be test like never before though.

Coady has improved beyond all recognition this season, who is to say he won't be able to make the step up to the premier League? Personally I think he might be ok, but would not be at all surprised if Nuno brings in another centre back.

D

Deleted member 3604

Would rather have him than Jonny Evans or similar and definitely deserves a shot at it but there is no way I would give him another contract on £40k a week (or whatever the 'going rate' is.)

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
He’s a good lad, and a quality Championship player- but he will be torn to pieces in the Premier League if we go up and he plays in the same position as he does now. Possibly won’t be having much game time next season if at all.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tbh we could make that statement about all the back 5 ex Boly + Ruddy and Saiss, Alf and Bonatini. Some will be playing in the Prem unless Fosun are going to shell out around 150 mil in the summer!!!!??????

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Conor is only 25 and should still be improving as a player as he gains more experience. I think he has been outstanding in the back three and to say he just mops up when the other central defenders fail do so is really damning him with faint praise. He's much much better than that. Judging by the improvements he has made in his game this season, I can't see any reason why he shouldn't be able to hold his own in the Premier League with Wolves. We just need to get there...

GeoffPalmersLeftBoot

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In Nuno I trust.

I find it flabbergasting that folk on here are already writing Coady off.
What a load of self opinionated big heads we have on here.
Not many expected Coady to make the grade this season, but he passed muster, with flying colours.
And I would say Nuno will again pull a rabbit out of a hat for the Prem, with regards to Coady.

Give the lad a chance.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s been good .

However he has a good role in the sense of generally boly and bennett man mark, then he picks up the pieces.

When a player has stood on coady like Clarke or mitrovic, he’s been turned far too easily - generally .

He is good when all he has to do is be the sweeper. When he needs to defend i often think he lacks a bit, but it doesnt happen that often with our formation.

R

reanswolf

I understand the concerns being highlighted, but he was quiet superb at Man city in the Cup.

I think you may be writing him off too prematurely. I hope so. And I'm not saying that simply because he's a mate.

Wigan Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s a good lad, and a quality Championship player- but he will be torn to pieces in the Premier League if we go up and he plays in the same position as he does now. Possibly won’t be having much game time next season if at all.
I don't remember him being "torn to pieces " against Man City, and they played all their top strikers

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I could see him playing alongside Neves in CDM position.

This season at the back will give him an insight into the more defensive requirements and his range of passing has been pivotal to what we've achieved so far.

I think he'd get torn apart in the Prem at the back and if it comes to light at the wrong time (after the window has shut) then we could find ourselves in deep trouble if we'd put all of our defensive eggs in Coadys basket.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I understand the concerns being highlighted, but he was quiet superb at Man city in the Cup.

I think you may be writing him off too prematurely. I hope so. And I'm not saying that simply because he's a mate.

It's easy to get up for 1 off big tests.
It's thoroughly draining to stay at that level for a season.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Coady, Boly and Bennett could hold their own in the Premiership up to a point. But if we want a top 10 or better place we need at least one more quality CB with Batth and Miranda perhaps leaving and Hause in reserve.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have either just seen Conor at Warrington Train Station or he has the biggist doppelganger I have ever seen. Didn't get chance to say Hi as on opposite platforms I am heading North him South.

Back
Top Bottom