Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

A (footballing) warning from history

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If things go back to normal the club should be self sufficient and be able to spend around 60m net per season from the tv money and 60m on wages that is not including other revenue player sales. Fosun not injecting 300m into club accounts is not a worry. They can loan us the cash which they already have and then write it off as a Fosun loss due to the pandemic or something. Probably wouldn’t go down well in China but they could do that.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many football clubs are run very badly , they are ego projects and sensible businessmen wont touch them with a bargepole.
Enter Fosun who we hope will break the mould.
I love the way we pick men ( and young men) with good character. Its makes recruitment difficult but it is important.
Infidelity and late night boozing is not something you associate with WWFC 2021. Even a hint of it and our players are sent packing to other clubs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8913

Many football clubs are run very badly , they are ego projects and sensible businessmen wont touch them with a bargepole.
Enter Fosun who we hope will break the mould.
I love the way we pick men ( and young men) with good character. Its makes recruitment difficult but it is important.
Infidelity and late night boozing is not something you associate worth WWFC 2021. Even a hint of it and our players are sent packing to other clubs.
I note you wrote that immediately after being reminded about buying Roger Johnson and Jamie O’Hara.

hope the players take note about what it takes to be a real professional , not a Gazza or a George Best...

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thats just it. I'm traumatised by our Mick prem years. All it took was one bad transfer window, signing only Roger Johnson and O'Hara and not addressing other issues that led to relegation, despite being minutes away from relegation the year before!

People might think at times I am overreacting or want Fosun to spend billions or nonsense. We are FORTUNATE that despite the injuries and two cautious, mediocre summer transfer windows that have stagnated the squad, we won't be relegated. Nuno is a good manager because if he weren't, we'd be under the **** in the table. Spend smartly on areas of need and refresh the squad, otherwise we are approaching the same Mick stagnation that eventually befalls on all non-elite clubs in this division.
Roger Johnson and O'Hara were IMO the type of players a club run by Moxey and Morgan would buy.
For all sorts of reasons. You could say we were trying to get a lot of bangs for our bucks !! ;)
It is also why clubs collapse because or directors like Morgan and Moxey . Neither showed the 100% intensity required IMO

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I do think Palace are more ****ed than us by the way, will be very interesting to see what happens to them this summer.

Back
Top Bottom