Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

5th Round Draw

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we'll probably win but you know what? I couldn't really give a ****. I am much more concerned about the Yanited PL game. Win that one and things will really start opening up in the top half. The key to Europe ...
I'm of a similar opinion. Give me the choice between Europe and losing to them lot or beating them and another season mid-table, I'm off on a European tour all day

Hopefully of course, we beat them AND qualify for Europe!

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not living in W’ton I don’t understand this obsession with Albion !!
As an observer of this never ending ‘build up’ however, it seems apparent to me that we’re far more obsessed with them than they are with us !!!

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Europe is pretty impossible considering how many teams above us of who we need to consistently lose points.

Nothing to lose in the league, Europe a pipe dream. Smashing Albi*n isn't
Not at all. Just keep our rich vein of form going in the PL and we will get there. The Cup would be nice but I'm not taking that seriously until/if we reach the SF. The Albion for me is just a distraction. Above all else and regardless of the result we need to come through that with no red cards or serious injuries.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an observer of this never ending ‘build up’ however, it seems apparent to me that we’re far more obsessed with them than they are with us !!!
The obsession is both ways, we are equally as obsessed with them as they are with us. I never understand why people, usually opposing fans, use that as some sort of slur though.

I 100% openly admit I’m obsessed with Albion. After Wolves, their results can make or break my weekend. Defeats against them hurt way, way more than against any club.

But that’s the point though isn’t it, we are each others main rivals, by some distance. Probably borderlines on the unhealthy sometimes, but for me this is what football and passion and pride is all about.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Europe is pretty impossible considering how many teams above us of who we need to consistently lose points.

Nothing to lose in the league, Europe a pipe dream. Smashing Albi*n isn't
We are 6 points from 6th, only 3 points from 7th. Europe is possible, not probable I grant you. Fingers crossed.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
There is hope though; Sunderland for example has held an upperhand against Newcastle in derby games for god knows how long, but they got properly schooled in round 3 this year, as there was a huge difference in quality.
There's a lot of similarities down in the Black Country currently...

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The obsession is both ways, we are equally as obsessed with them as they are with us. I never understand why people, usually opposing fans, use that as some sort of slur though.

I 100% openly admit I’m obsessed with Albion. After Wolves, their results can make or break my weekend. Defeats against them hurt way, way more than against any club.

But that’s the point though isn’t it, we are each others main rivals, by some distance. Probably borderlines on the unhealthy sometimes, but for me this is what football and passion and pride is all about.
Fair enough …. but looking on their sites suggests otherwise.

They seem obsessed with Villa as much as with us!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is hope though; Sunderland for example has held an upperhand against Newcastle in derby games for god knows how long, but they got properly schooled in round 3 this year, as there was a huge difference in quality.
There's a lot of similarities down in the Black Country currently...
I always find with wolves when you are over confident it normally bites ya on the ****....when ya think we haven't got a prayer you normally are wrong....

It would be the wolves way to lose tomorrow and beat Man utd on Thursday with ease....it's the wolves way .

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think your right to a certain degree
Over the last 30 years we have rarely played each other so the rivalry has diminished from its height in the 70s/80s
Its still ingrained in the older fans for sure,not so sure with the youngsters
Obviously both sets see it as the main rivalry,i mean Villa have even less connection with them,but there has always been a bit of hate between them i agree
As long as we win, and i dont get my Baggie mate of 60 years chirping in my ear for eternity, its all good lol

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The 5th Round draw will take place after we've beaten West Brom on Sunday about 2pm. We are ball no 4. If Maidstone win they are ball 9 and when Newport beat Utd they will be ball 14. COYW!
The only reply I have to that is Fish and Chip's

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair enough …. but looking on their sites suggests otherwise.

They seem obsessed with Villa as much as with us!
Like you Waggy I'm not from the area but I was reading one of the 100s of articles on the game this week and it was saying the Albion obsession with Wolves really only started when Bully joined us. Before that it was Villa as they are only 4 miles apart.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair there are times when you put a ****ing great target on your back.
The original post Mutchy was very much tongue in cheek but I thought it might go down well on here that the curmudgeonly one was full of confidence!

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wasn't this bad earlier, when I was an apprentice in the 60's a fellow apprentice was a baggies fan and he talked me into going to a wba v manure game. Middle 60's I mainly went to see George Best. He had a great game, scored, also Denis Law scored.
I think the hatred intensified after Bully.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like you Waggy I'm not from the area but I was reading one of the 100s of articles on the game this week and it was saying the Albion obsession with Wolves really only started when Bully joined us. Before that it was Villa as they are only 4 miles apart.
Came across this by fluke yesterday……..the rivalry between both clubs…..maybe some might like it

Last edited:

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't agree. I think he's been bullied on this forum for ages. It's pathetic. Luckily he can take it.

I’ve met NNW a few times and can vouch for the fact that he’s a really lovely chap. Ok, he lobs a few grenades on here from time to time but it stems from just one thing …… he’s simply a very passionate supporter of the Old Gold, and travels thousands of miles each season in support of his beloved team.

He wears his Wolves heart on his sleeve, more power to him !!!!!!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Don't agree. I think he's been bullied on this forum for ages. It's pathetic. Luckily he can take it.
Try being a Mod in the middle of it.
And yes, there is ongoing moderation where posters have gone over the top, but sometimes he really doesn't help himself either.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alot of decent draws for us in the hat after we´ve beaten Sandwells.
We are three wins away from another semifinal.
We´ve beaten City and Spurs this season.
We can win this tourney.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will either be good enough on the day or not - end of. A thread with people worried / upset that someone has “jinxed it”.
I have seen it all now:D:D.

Cross your fingers as you read it - that counteracts the jinx if I remember correctly from primary school.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve met NNW a few times and can vouch for the fact that he’s a really lovely chap. Ok, he lobs a few grenades on here from time to time but it stems from just one thing …… he’s simply a very passionate supporter of the Old Gold, and travels thousands of miles each season in support of his beloved team.

He wears his Wolves heart on his sleeve, more power to him !!!!!!
I have met him too, and I agree with everything you say.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aside from the obvious desperation to beat these ****ers today, we have a good chance at a major cup run here if we get through.

Some of the big boys out and with a fair wind some very beatable teams still in it.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised there's so much doubt on here. I just cannot see any way Neto and/or Cunha will not score. We will have far too much class for them.
Simple answer for the lack of complete confidence in a successful outcome.
wolvesaywe!
Nothing can ever be taken for granted.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised there's so much doubt on here. I just cannot see any way Neto and/or Cunha will not score. We will have far too much class for them.
I'm with you NNW, . Confident, not arrogant. Would like a draw though so we can annihilate them under Molineux lights.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can just imagine the Ipswich fans saying that before the Maidstone match! :D
True, but they didn't treat Maidstone with enough respect, fielded a 2nd XI, and although they had 38 shots scored only 1 goal. We will put out our strongest team and treat it as a cup final.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but they didn't treat Maidstone with enough respect, fielded a 2nd XI, and although they had 38 shots scored only 1 goal. We will put out our strongest team and treat it as a cup final.
I hope that you are right!

Back
Top Bottom