Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

50 Points Next Season

N

northbank1967

lets not get carried away guys lets not forget who nocked us out the fa cup and look where they will be playing there football next season

oldsamdingle

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This season it would have us finish 8th which just shows how poor half the premier league is in, personally I’d be disappointed with anything below 7th with the state the league is in
I think we should pull our necks in a bit, i think we will find it ain't that poor after all, take fifty points in a heart beat.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
55 points and 8th for me. That is, if we spend big and wisely and mainly in foreign markets, as I fully expect us to.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Joking apart, for me it is:-
15th- satisfied.
11th- happy
8th- delighted
6th- jizz city
Think that is a VERY good way of looking at it. I'm fairly confident we will bring in some good players and be too half but won't be getting upset if we're 17th.

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a massive difference between aiming for position X and expecting position X; some of the expectations on here are unreal in my opinion and could get us in trouble if we're not careful.

I think with the relative inexperience of the squad, our not-always-that-good results against many of the teams around us this season, and the undoubted quality of the premiership, anything above 12th will be a big achievement.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not setting any points or positions and then I won't be disappointed.A top ten position would be great but I just want to enjoy the season.If we are below 10th then sobeit.Nuno will have had a year's experience and will be an even better coach.(if that's possible):D If we could get the players that have bin banded about then I would be more confident.A big and interesting window is coming up and I'm getting excited just thinking of it.;)

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want us to be able to relax for the last couple of games as we are enough ahead of those in with a chance of going down. 3 more windows will have passed and we go again in season 19/20. Gradual improvement year on year. Let's just make sure we keep off the team and Nuno's back next season as we will have some not so nice sticky moments for sure. Think of the long game and we will be right.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Premier League might be **** at the moment, but it's still light years ahead of the Championship, teams are better defensively and a lot more clinical in comparison, whilst I don't think we will be in trouble of relegation I think people are getting a bit ahead of themselves and Nuno has even mentioned managing the expectations recently.
Is it *******s !! Why do teams who go up compete then and stay up and teams that come down struggle like hell !! There’s a load of dross in the premier league from 6th down and far too many **** pot clubs ...

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Is it *******s !! Why do teams who go up compete then and stay up and teams that come down struggle like hell !! There’s a load of dross in the premier league from 6th down and far too many **** pot clubs ...

The Prem is way ahead of the Championship, you only have to see the football played by Boro/Villa yesterday to understand that, teams who go down are usually in a mess behind the scenes which is why they struggle, lots of unease and player turnover and a hangover from the previous season, teams who go up have the novelty/unknown factor about them and take good form from the previous season with them.

When we are outside the top 6 come December I hope you lot aren't screaming about how **** and tinpot we am

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Prem is way ahead of the Championship, you only have to see the football played by Boro/Villa yesterday to understand that, teams who go down are usually in a mess behind the scenes which is why they struggle, lots of unease and player turnover and a hangover from the previous season, teams who go up have the novelty/unknown factor about them and take good form from the previous season with them.

When we are outside the top 6 come December I hope you lot aren't screaming about how **** and tinpot we am
Yes, but be are way ahead of Villa and Boro!!!!!!!!! Last season we were a Prem team playing in the 2nd tier. You cannot compare us under Fosun/Nuno with any other team who have been promoted to the top tier except City and possibly Leicester. I think saying that we will come anywhere between 12th and 17th is insulting to this great side, which, with summer additions will be even greater next year.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, but be are way ahead of Villa and Boro!!!!!!!!! Last season we were a Prem team playing in the 2nd tier. You cannot compare us under Fosun/Nuno with any other team who have been promoted to the top tier except City and possibly Leicester. I think saying that we will come anywhere between 12th and 17th is insulting to this great side, which, with summer additions will be even greater next year.

You can't say where we will come until we have made any signings and seen them play, our first 11 is decent but we have no strength in depth, imagine having to play Batth or Miranda, or Batth and Miranda :eek:

I can see why Nuno said expectations need to be managed now if people think we should easily make top 10 with the squad as it is or even challenge top 6 as the other bloke suggested

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’ve watched enough prem games to see the football played by a lot of them is poor too , 75% of the league have no identity in how they play , im not saying we will be world beaters but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be and is very poor in comparison to years gone by ...

Scott in the Sand

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With this team's spirit, 'band of brothers' mentality, experience and skill we should be aiming for, and expecting, a top ten finish. Especially with additions.

We lost seven games last season, seven in a league where any three of twelve teams can aim to be promoted every year. So, you could say you're going to get at least 22 really tough games a season out of 46. We lost 7.

Most of the bottom of the Prem is no better than the Champ.

I expect to sweep a lot of them out the way.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Huddersfield have finished the season at under a point a game and have survived??????????? We'll be top 10.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve watched enough prem games to see the football played by a lot of them is poor too , 75% of the league have no identity in how they play , im not saying we will be world beaters but it’s not all it’s cracked up to be and is very poor in comparison to years gone by ...

I hope your right mate, I agree about the lack of identity, which is one of the things Nuno has given us, I think a lot of Prem teams are so scared of being relegated that they have a very negative mind set, and they tend to end up treading water which you can only do for so long. The quality of player is still miles above that of the Championship though so I'm still wary of our chances but we should be clear of any relegation battle.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Of course it depends who we buy, but those saying 17th would be a good season are surely out of their mind? Wolves are aiming for the top, everything we've done in the last two years and all the noises coming out the club now indicate that so I don't see how finishing with 37 or 38 points and just about stopping up would be a good season? If the longterm aim was becoming a midtable club then fair enough but we are aiming for the top 4 so I think finishing 17th would be a poor season and a set back. To me it would be nothing more than a sideways step for owners who want to push the club forward as quickly as possible, I'm not sure how just about keeping our head above water would convince better players to join us the year after and continue to improve us?

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Premiership standard is poor now, all media hype making it into something it isn't anymore. Make the most of it and aim high. *******s to all that 17th ****

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we can get 50 points, which would almost certainly see us finish at least 11th, so using your scale I'd be happy.
50 points first season with some very good players added would be a good return imo.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think something that will significantly affect the prem teams next year is the amount of teams that will have a new manager. I think at least 6 new managers and that is not including Southampton and Newcastle or any of those teams I have accounted for trying to take another clubs manager (dyche and houghton should be considered by any ambitious club in my view).

New managers will not only need time to potentially get there ideas across to a new squad but recruitment may well be behind the likes of ourselves.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There's a massive difference between aiming for position X and expecting position X; some of the expectations on here are unreal in my opinion and could get us in trouble if we're not careful.

I think with the relative inexperience of the squad, our not-always-that-good results against many of the teams around us this season, and the undoubted quality of the premiership, anything above 12th will be a big achievement.
I don't get how expectations on here (mol mix), can have any bearing on whether we're in or out of trouble. o_O

Back
Top Bottom