Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

5 players missing tomorrow?

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it's guess work by the journalist but i noticed Costa limping and holding his thigh a lot at Middlesbrough before he came off. Saiss was also slightly limping towards the end. Don't think either of those would have been spotted on TV but I was aware at the stadium. Think Tim Spiers also tweeted that both Costa and Saiss were limping after the game which is where I think this journalist has picked this up from. Hopefully both were just a bit tired. Didn't seem like major injuries and could well recover in a few days.

Yes, I spotted Costa limping and looking like he was in pain as he came off, but I was feeling so wound up by the game at the time that it didn’t really register with me then

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only said Danny as he's going to be much closer to match fitness than a Hause who has been on the bench all season. Believe me I'm first to wish that quiffy ******* had ****ed off to Leeds in August, just seems the best we have considering the injuries. *shrug*

wolvesdb

Groupie
Reaction score
Well the players were bound to be tried after the game on Friday. However the recovery would have started as soon as they got into the changing room and these days it is very good at football clubs. I didn't see any evidence that the players were actually injured though.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Slightly worried about Stears v Madine from a physical standpoint.

Edit: Sorry - Wrong thread!

justanotherwolf

Reaction score
Saiss had just come back from Morocco then ran and ran and ran on nothing but adrenaline by the end until he literally dropped. I'm sure he was in the 'red zone' (to use physio terminology) but what's beyond that? 'Maroon zone'?

I'm sure he got extensive recovery time and should be OK for tomorrow, though obviously can't put that amount in too often without risking injury!

Helder was limping a bit but probably just cramp as he'd gone beyond the amount of work required from him at any point since his comeback. Again should be fine.

That's my positive spin anyway.

D

Darbo38

Not one injury this season has been confirmed or denied apart from Jota who did that himself. This is just lazy journalism an really trying to find a positive. For me it's a load of rubbish

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
Not one injury this season has been confirmed or denied apart from Jota who did that himself. This is just lazy journalism an really trying to find a positive. For me it's a load of rubbish

Nothing to do with journalists from my point of view, Costa was limping when he left the pitch Friday and we all saw the picture of Saiss. We can’t be sure but hoping we’re just missing Neves and Doherty

60andstillgoing

Keep the back three the same.
Use Cav in place of the Doc, and lets attack Hull, score plenty of goals and dont worry if they do score one.

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
Vinagre for Doch at full back, keep MGW on the bench in case Saiss tires (hoping he plays). Also think Bonatini would be capable of doing a job in midfield if needed. Otherwise we’re covered

cannockwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This is classic E&S ********. Every time Spiers gets something spot on he follows it up with utter guff like this.
as far as i'm aware this has nothing to do with either does it? wasn't it Hull's version of the Birmingham Mail website?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think there was an article in e&s today in which Spiers mentions Saiss and Costa. Thats where the Hull bloke has got it from.

C

Chch Wolf

Saiss left Compton around 3:30 today (I was behind him on the Compton Rd and exchanged a “thumbs up” at the ring road traffic lights).

It struck me as being quite late for l leaving training, maybe getting a bit of extra attention etc...

Now before anyone slated me for jumping to a conclusion based on something as flimsy and random as this, I bet E&S have run stories based on less..:.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Spiers is a clown
Think there was an article in e&s today in which Spiers mentions Saiss and Costa. Thats where the Hull bloke has got it from.
You are right Tim says Doc & Neves will sit Hull out, Jota is doubtful, and Saiss & Costa limped off at Boro, shocking journalism saying the truth like that - obviously should be castigated :D

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right Tim says Doc & Neves will sit Hull out, Jota is doubtful, and Saiss & Costa limped off at Boro, shocking journalism saying the truth like that - obviously should be castigated :D

Well said. Some people really do seem to like slagging Spiers at the first opportunity, This thread shows that some folk are happy to do so without the slightest evidence. Shocking lazy posting IMHO...

D

Deleted member 5910

If all those players are out, I'd be looking to play as many square pegs in square holes as possible. Maybe this as a starting XI:

Ruddy

Bennett-----Coady-----Boly

Vinagre / Douglas---------------------------------Vinagre / Douglas
Gibbs-White-------N'Diaye

Afobe---------Cavaleiro------Bonatini

D

Deleted member 5635

If Saiss is out we should bring Batth in and put Coads back in CM.
**** me if Batth has to play because everyone is banned or injured I’d rather swap him for Afobe or Leo up front and keep him as far away from our goal as possible

Reactions: DPE
S

ShropshireLad

If all those players are out, I'd be looking to play as many square pegs in square holes as possible. Maybe this as a starting XI:

Ruddy

Bennett-----Coady-----Boly

Vinagre / Douglas---------------------------------Vinagre / Douglas
Gibbs-White-------N'Diaye

Afobe---------Cavaleiro------Bonatini
I would think that's a close selection. We might even see Big Phil come on for a cameo.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn’t bother me if we rested a few players for the Cardiff game. We should do the business against Hull anyway.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It wouldn’t bother me if we rested a few players for the Cardiff game. We should do the business against Hull anyway.

Dangerous to assume anything in this league as Villa have found out. Hope we have as many of our best players available tonight. Hull wont be a pushover as they proved against Villa at the weekend.

Back
Top Bottom