Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

5 players missing tomorrow?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really hope they arent all out.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if there a few players out it gives others a chance to show what they can do.

D

Deleted member 4453

Costa and Saiss were dead on the feet? is this just speculative.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Interesting to look at how we’ve faired without them.

Doherty (3 wins, 1 draw)
Neves (5 wins, 2 draws & 2 losses)
Saiss (6 wins, 2 draws)
Jota (4 wins, 2 draws)
Costa (10 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

LG Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If true we may see a slight formation change and a front two with Cav just behind.

Ruddy
Bennett
Coady
Boly
Vinagre
N’Diaye
MGW
Douglas
Afobe
Bonatini
Cav

C

Chardee MacDennis

Interesting to look at how we’ve faired without them.

Doherty (3 wins, 1 draw)
Neves (5 wins, 2 draws & 2 losses)
Saiss (6 wins, 2 draws)
Jota (4 wins, 2 draws)
Costa (10 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

Did Bennett replace Doc in all 4 of those matches?

Brightonwolf

Reaction score
If any apart from those suspended are shattered then just having them on the bench has to be an option.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Was there anything to suggest there is an issue with Costa or Saiss? From what I saw Costa was tired and Saiss ran himself into the ground, but neither actually injured? MGW for Neves and whatever works for Nuno at RWB. We need to not blow the extra points we saved at Boro obviously. There's still time for one more meltdown on here!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Think we’ll be fine. May even be a nice surprise with Diogo (although I reckon he’ll be saved for Cardiff).

D

Deleted member 4453

Costa won't be out tomorrow I'm not having it.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think it’s lazy journalism would be my guess. Costa often struggles to do 90, and Saiss had just bust a gut trying to protect the back line so looked broken on the floor.

Fingers crossed anyway!

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It'll be good if Vinagre gets a run out - I'd like to see him get some mins towards the end of the season and then stay with us... Although weren't there rumours we'd have to fork out some dosh if he played again?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Think it's guess work by the journalist but i noticed Costa limping and holding his thigh a lot at Middlesbrough before he came off. Saiss was also slightly limping towards the end. Don't think either of those would have been spotted on TV but I was aware at the stadium. Think Tim Spiers also tweeted that both Costa and Saiss were limping after the game which is where I think this journalist has picked this up from. Hopefully both were just a bit tired. Didn't seem like major injuries and could well recover in a few days.

D

Deleted member 4023

If this is indeed the case, then its time for our fringe players to step up.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have seen Costa looking like he is limping after various games this season. Could just be the effort put into games.

D

Deleted member 4023

I'm limping Jos at the moment, but should be ok to make the trip to Molineux on the train from Manchester tomorrow afternoon

Loojay

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Saiss is out we should bring Batth in and put Coads back in CM.

C

Chardee MacDennis

Costa made an appearance on Barry Douglas' Instagram feed at training the day after the Boro match (whichever day that was, could be anything, is today Wednesday???).

He looked bright and chipper, not like someone who's just been through a war of attrition.

And if print journalists can make judgements based on 4 seconds of Tv footage post match, I can counter that by making judgements based on 5 seconds from social media.

cannockwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i dont think it matters, i reckon we wont be doing much defending tomorrow anyway

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Helder was absolutely knackered on Friday, never seen him work as hard as that in a game.

MotorWoden

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have seen Costa looking like he is limping after various games this season. Could just be the effort put into games.
I have also noticed this. He is also very reluctant to get involved in tackles compared to last season in my opinion. I think he is still carrying something. Clearing out operation in the summer maybe?

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Costa held his hamstring to justify the slow walk off the pitch when he was subbed to avoid getting a booking and then bounced around with the rest of them once we won.

Saiss was knackered and prone but he was also overcoming that illness he had on international duty so expected to be dead on his feet.

This is classic E&S bull****. Every time Spiers gets something spot on he follows it up with utter guff like this.

Back
Top Bottom