Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

36 years ago today

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Wolves 2 Citeh 1
Happy 59th Birthday Garry Pierce.:D

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a day.....first time that I cried at a football match!

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ha! That was the game that hooked me on wim Wolves - I was watching the game at our gran's in Shrewsbury and fell in love, aged 5.

I've since watched that game many many times on DVD, the last one being with a Man C friend as desert after forcing the poor ********** to come to Molineux with me for the Cov game last season as the main course. What a shocker that was!

S

singwolf_1

Listened the game over the BBC World Service as I used to every saturday night in Singapore - it was a delayed broadcast because it was at the height of the recession in the UK. As luck would have it, the next year's final was broadcast live on TV! :(

JAIRDUCOCHET

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Crown Johnny Richards KING of ENGLAND and Rodney Marsh the QUEEN !

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened the game over the BBC World Service as I used to every saturday night in Singapore - it was a delayed broadcast because it was at the height of the recession in the UK. As luck would have it, the next year's final was broadcast live on TV! :(

I too listened to it on the BBC, in my case in Kuwait. They just played a recording of the last 10 minutes!

leedswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c0BCF8vcWc"]YouTube- Wolves vs Man City League final 1974[/ame]

el gringo

Reaction score
kinda cool the way Marsh back-heeled it to Richards for the winning goal.

F

fullmoon

Looking back at both the League cup final videos, man;) it was awesome. make it doubly awesome! :) Cheers to the lads of yesteryears. We sure had something to shout about!

Waggy's Boots

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have just made my day by reminding me of one of the most wonderful Wolves experiences of my lifetime.
Cheers!

ps - dear god is it really that long ago....!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hrothgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes thanks for that- my happiest day as a Wolves fan! I remember it well as I was sitting in the Citeh end as my Uncle had managed to get me a ticket through his work in Manchester (he was a Utd fan)When that winner went in I was up and cheering-just couldnt hold it in any longer having been totally restrained throughout to that point!! In fairness I didnt actually get much flak from the Citeh fans-think they were too stunned by the goal as having equalised I think they just assumed it was merely a matter of time before they would go on and win! Great great day-so chuffed for Bailey,Richards Doug et al to finally win something as they were such class players. And Gary Pierce was fantastic that day wasnt he!

Munro Munro

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah the old Wembley with 100.000 most of us standing now that was an atmosphere

F

FLEET WOLF

You have just made my day by reminding me of one of the most wonderful Wolves experiences of my lifetime.
Cheers!

ps - dear god is it really that long ago....!

We had such a good side, but just look at the players against us!

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A fond memory from that day, I was on the terraces pretty central in the upper pens, at the end of the game among the delirium I turned around and there was an old boy nust have been in his late 70`s more than likely 80`s with tears of pure emotion streaming down his face.

I will never forget that moment as it summed up all that being a fan/supporter is all about!

Back
Top Bottom