Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

10th

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No the last 3rd/half has been poor but the current players have played no different to the last 12-18months under Nuno. So is it both managers or is it the players. I’d doubt any manager would make a difference without fresh blood.

At the end of the day it’s going to be a long summer possibly for those that want Bruno gone. There’s no point repeating it everyday (not aimed at you), Il probably take a break from posting unless we sign someone or something happens. Football under VAR is killing itself for me so I am happy for the close season personally. It’s all about opinions though.

I still think its a combination of both coaches, the players, plus Sellars and Shi. Last season was so much more difficult than any i can remember physically and mentally for this squad and the coaching staff off the back of a massive season previously then playing through a pandemic after a very short off season. We have been a lot fresher these season and at times its showed.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you genuinely think any manager we have does the recruitment or spending its Jeff, Sellars, Mendes and I only trust one of those and it isn’t Jeff or Sellars. Keep saying you don’t trust Bruno or whoever makes no difference to who we sign tbf
I generally think that there will be some input from the coach.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bit embarrassing really. Leeds, Burnley, Palace, Newcastle, Norwich and all the other no shows. We've been absolutely woeful for the last few months. So dull.

Reaction score
FTcAdgVWUAIwoZl

Don't know how precisely the logos are drawn, but this makes it appear as if we 'deserved' to be 17th?

Certainly needs to be changes for next season to prevent a very tough old year.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if we had been **** at the start but good at the end and finished 10th that would be ok?
It'd be much better because of the direction, yes. Instead we lost direction completely, rumours of fall outs, odd decisions. All that when we had a very good chance of 6th and the possibility of 4th. To finish 10th and be absolutely woeful getting there is more than worrying.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It'd be much better because of the direction, yes. Instead we lost direction completely, rumours of fall outs, odd decisions. All that when we had a very good chance of 6th and the possibility of 4th. To finish 10th and be absolutely woeful getting there is more than worrying.
If nothing changes fail to see anything other than a relegation battle next season.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FTcAdgVWUAIwoZl

Don't know how precisely the logos are drawn, but this makes it appear as if we 'deserved' to be 17th?

Certainly needs to be changes for next season to prevent a very tough old year.
Yep

Here's a table according to 'expected' points

Screenshot_20220523-171740_Chrome.jpg

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see the relevance when we have the real final table? Statistical models are interesting sometimes but reality is often different and after the event reality surely trumps expectations?
The relevance is it indicates just how poorly we've been performing and if you pay attention to it, most of it is pretty accurate with just a couple of outliers - of which we're one

Just pointing at the league table is ignoring the glaring problems we've had this season and it's the attitude that kept McCarthy in a job after the Blackburn game. The warning signs are there, have been for most of the season, but people wanted to go "oh, 8th, no problems", well the problems that were always there have made themselves clear to everyone over the past few months haven't they?

Remember the start of the season? Slow start but playing well

Screenshot_20220523-173216_Chrome.jpg

Pretty sure the general consensus at that time was the results would come as we were playing well. The opposite now is true, results were always going to drop off because we've played badly. Ignoring it will get us relegated

Last edited:

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The relevance is it indicates just how poorly we've been performing and if you pay attention to it, most of it is pretty accurate with just a couple of outliers - of which we're one

Just pointing at the league table is ignoring the glaring problems we've had this season and it's the attitude that kept McCarthy in a job after the Blackburn game. The warning signs are there, have been for most of the season, but people wanted to go "oh, 8th, no problems", well the problems that were always there have made themselves clear to everyone over the past few months haven't they?

Remember the start of the season? Slow start but playing well

Pretty sure the general consensus at that time was the results would come as we were playing well. The opposite now is true, results were always going to drop off because we've played badly. Ignoring it will get us relegated

Leicester and Newcastle need to watch out too, they are barely ahead of us.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester and Newcastle need to watch out too, they are barely ahead of us.
So let's rely on them not being ahead of us next year eh?

Leicester are an outlier, but finished the season very strongly and have a proven manager in charge. Newcastle also finished the season strongly and will spend big in the summer. We finished the season terribly and have a head coach who's never arrested a slide nor built a side in his career. Literally nothing in his CV suggests he can fix it

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So let's rely on them not being ahead of us next year eh?

Leicester are an outlier, but finished the season very strongly and have a proven manager in charge. Newcastle also finished the season strongly and will spend big in the summer. We finished the season terribly and have a head coach who's never arrested a slide nor built a side in his career. Literally nothing in his CV suggests he can fix it

Yes, I totally agree with all that. We are on a knife edge. I don't believe we can fix it by repeating last summer - get in a new manager, replace a couple of players, hype up some youngsters and fingers crossed, we will be OK. I think the player changes are more important than the manager. I'm really not fussed on Bruno.

I just hope we don't get fooled by the cheapskate "new manager bounce" again and start next season with a new manager saying all the right things, but a 3-4-3, core of Coady, Donk/Mout and no real goal scorer, just some hyped up lightweight trick merchants. It's the cheap way out, what they did last season.

But having said that, we may well have just enough quality to scrape ahead of a couple of promoted clubs and 1 other... It all depends how interested Fosun still are. No big signings this summer and I will write them off.

Back
Top Bottom