Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£6 carriage fee..what's that all about

Reaction score
Just renewing online..what's the £6 carriage fee then? If I remember rightly I didn't get a new smart card last season in the Billy Wright I used my original one.

Sent from my LT30p using Tapatalk

S

southbankwolf

we didn't get charged a fee last year for the first time in years if I remember right.

Its an admin fee for them pressing a button on the computer to reactivate the card for next season

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A rip off.

I have said this to my fans Parliament rep, if Moxey put the season ticket price up and scrapped the fee , no-one would complain, the negative press he gets from this and the booking fee is out of proportion.

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have said this to my fans Parliament rep, if Moxey put the season ticket price up and scrapped the fee , no-one would complain, the negative press he gets from this and the booking fee is out of proportion.

It might be a tax thing. The cost of the ticket is general turnover where the booking fee can be put down as a direct cost.

I might be talking $$$$$$$$ though. Penk?

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They should do all that anyway. Stops all the whinging.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

We have all said this but I am sure there is some creative accountancy afoot here enabling them to keep the lot as an admin overhead as opposed to having to pay whatever tax they do pay on income.I am sure there will be some accountants amongst us.

H

Hathwolves

I'm sure it was raised either at a fans parliament or in the early bird meeting by one of the DSA reps on the fans parliament.

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have all said this but I am sure there is some creative accountancy afoot here enabling them to keep the lot as an admin overhead as opposed to having to pay whatever tax they do pay on income.I am sure there will be some accountants amongst us.

They can't do that mate. To claim a legitimate business expense, it would be actual costs incurred - not what they charge.

So if they charge an admin fee of £6, but the actual costs incurred are £2 (as an example - 60p stamp. 20p envelope. 40p materials and printing costs. 50p banking charge, 30p labour), then they can only claim for the £2 as a business expense for accounting purposes.

There's probably some logic behind their charges - but this won't be the reason why.

J

Jamesjh89

And here we have it, the usual yearly post about this subject

S

Steppenwolf

Speaking of Rip Offs

I have renewed.

I also attempted to buy additional tickets for The Shrewsbury game. Waited on the phone for over 10 mins (at 10p per minute) in a queue of twelve - got to position two and the line went dead.

Tried again, this time a queue of eleven. Got to position two, then got an automated message 'all lines are busy' and was cut off.

So, told to wait in a queue for over twenty minutes at a cost of over two quid for nothing.

Am I a 'customer' or a 'fan' in their eyes ?

Back
Top Bottom