Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

£24m loss on an existing first eam player

floydstreet

Reaction score
He’s a top player, should be starting
Better as a full back than wingback for sure

Should we have spent so much on him and silva when we had other priorities. Probably not

But that doesn’t make him a flop or poor player, just poor recruitment prioritisation imo

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As soon as a player leaves Barca their value decreases because they aren't at an elite club playing Cl football
Semedo is 9ne of our best and most consistent players.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Overpaid. But not disastrously so, probably should have paid about £20-25m.

My main concern with him now is his seemingly persistent injuries. Game was crying out for him on Saturday and still can’t get on.

We paid £26m upfront and will pay another £2.5m once he has played 100 games for us. The final £8.5m would only be paid if we won any European competition before 2024.

Very misleading to say we paid £37m.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only Kilman and Neves haven't lost value in our squad under Bruno, if we're looking at it like that.

Nobody else is any better than they used to be, and in a lot of cases they're a bit worse.

I'd also say that anybody moving from Barcelona to Wolves probably halves their 'worth' immediately.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am grateful for all the above comments as I was thinking of starting a thread about this article but I am critical of most of these so called reporters. Who is Moorhouse? I have a theory that there is really one journalist who uses many different names.
I dont mind debate as long as it is knowledgable and this is not. He clearly shows he has no idea about our club or its players or manager. The omission that Somedo played lesser games does not recognise his injury and that his absence was a large factor in the loss of form towards the end of the season.
Is this guy in his many identities reall Dean Saunders?
We really should start to call out these clowns for their misinformation.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I am grateful for all the above comments as I was thinking of starting a thread about this article but I am critical of most of these so called reporters. Who is Moorhouse? I have a theory that there is really one journalist who uses many different names.
I dont mind debate as long as it is knowledgable and this is not. He clearly shows he has no idea about our club or its players or manager. The omission that Somedo played lesser games does not recognise his injury and that his absence was a large factor in the loss of form towards the end of the season.
Is this guy in his many identities reall Dean Saunders?
We really should start to call out these clowns for their misinformation.

Also important to point out, that the report he's basing the Semedo depreciation on, actually has us as no.1 in the value for money table on transfers... we were one of only three clubs to pay less than expected market value for our players... to the tune of around £30m. Villa on the other hand overspent by about £150m... the worst in the league.

To pick out the one negative in Semedo, and omitting the other detail, shows it's definitely an agenda article.

Reaction score
Doc also played ten times as many games :)
Doc played 74 Premier League games for the club and scored 8 goals, Semedo has played 64 and scored 1., even Jonny who is supposed to be more of an orthadox full back has 5 in 95.

Those figures limit his resale value on the open market so you would expect a loss, I'm not sure it will be as big as it might be though, he arrived as part of the Mendez merry-go-round and will probably leave to another Mendez linked club who will over pay for him just as we did.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also important to point out, that the report he's basing the Semedo depreciation on, actually has us as no.1 in the value for money table on transfers... we were one of only three clubs to pay less than expected market value for our players... to the tune of around £30m. Villa on the other hand overspent by about £150m... the worst in the league.

To pick out the one negative in Semedo, and omitting the other detail, shows it's definitely an agenda article.
Good spot, here’s the table you’re referring to for those that are interested.

1663658087507.png

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc played 74 Premier League games for the club and scored 8 goals, Semedo has played 64 and scored 1., even Jonny who is supposed to be more of an orthadox full back has 5 in 95.

Those figures limit his resale value on the open market so you would expect a loss, I'm not sure it will be as big as it might be though, he arrived as part of the Mendez merry-go-round and will probably leave to another Mendez linked club who will over pay for him just as we did.
Hes not been signed to score goals thats what we have forwards for apparently
While i agree a few more goals would be good ,stats can say many things to many people
We as a team in the last 3 seasons have not scored many goals and mainly been defensive based
If you want another comparison look at Kyle Walker rated as one of the best in Europe for many years
At Spurs he played 186 games 4 goals
At City 130 games 3 goals
Thats at 2 of the most attacking sides in Europe over the years and probably the best team on earth more recently,but then again i guess Doc is better than him too

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Semedo is an asset to the squad.
Excellent player with first class contributions.
Always liked him, even when he had a slightly dodgy start for us.
A class act!!

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pure class. Nelson had many a brain fart in his first season but he was outstanding last year. Who could say why he’s not starting, I’m done trying to guess what Bruno is thinking.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lovely full back (quality technically and solid defensively) but going forwards he's quite conservative, usually cutting back when he goes forwards and not linking up in the way Doc did. In a back 4 I think he's worth every penny to us, but that was a very strange window that set us back a bit in my opinion.

Reactions: Ian

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't say he has ever blown me away but there again i didn't expect too much in an attacking sense given his awful numbers at Barca in that regard.

Good outlet now though and at least has forward intent and the numbers in the article are nonsensical. How have we lost 24 million? Didn't we pay like 27?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can only lose the money if you try to sell the player.
So the thread title is very misleading. Forget the money.

Whats important is whether the player plays well.

Back
Top Bottom