Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. A

Five more wins.

Looking at the league table I would think that five more wins should see us safe for another season in the Premier League.
  2. A

When football started in 1992.

It did start then didn't it? Well anyway, there used to be in the Premier League, a top six or seven teams fighting for the top places. There were then a group of sides making up the mid table and three or four teams fighting to avoid relegation. As I see it now, we still have six or seven...
  3. A

Roy Massey

The name may not mean anything to most on this forum, but means a lot to many in football. I was at college with Roy from 1962 untill 1965 where we undertook our teacher training at St Paul's College in Cheltenham. At age eighteen Roy had been offered terms with several league clubs but chose...
  4. A

Eight game ban.

Mitrovic for pushing the referee.
  5. A

Lack of goals in many teams.

We are all concerned by the lack of goals that we score, but we are not alone in this. I read an article recently where the author quoted "that the number of goals being scored in the Premier had fallen to an all time low." I decided to have a look at this, and with a few exceptions, most teams...
  6. A

Goal Posts

Prior to the recent Bournemouth match I was in conversation with the younger group who sit near me in the Steve Bull. I was recalling a game we played against the South Coast side when a shot from one of their players broke the goal post. I think it was 1958. Quite a delay while a new set were...
  7. A

Saturday May 6th

We are due to play Aston Villa on this day. It is also the day marked out as the Coronation of King Charles. Will the games go ahead or will it be rearranged?
  8. A

Goals against.

We have scored thirty five and let in thirty four. However, I think I am correct in saying twelve of our goals against have been penalties. Take the penalties out of the equation and only Man City have let in less. It does appear strange that the big six hardly have any awarded against them...
  9. A

Should sides who had games called off for Covid, be allowed to play new signings in the rearranged matches?

It's too late now, but personally I do not think that they should have been allowed to play new signings. Newcastle look as if they have purchased a stay in the premier league.
  10. A

Did anyone see?

Did anyone see the programme on BBC 1, where Cary Lineker, Alan Shearer and Mica Richards, were discussing the best ten young players that have played in the Premiership? Well mica Richards made that top ten, but his revelations were very interesting. He went on to say that when he started he...
  11. A

Suggested players to sell!!!

Numerous posts over the last twelve months or so, have seen suggestions from posters about how much a player is worth when we sell. If we want to become a top club making a challenge for the Champions League, we should not even begin to suggest that Traore is worth ???, Neves ??? or the...
  12. A

Dippers to Seat Pinchers

I haven't read all the posts in various guises from Saturdays game against Liverpool so I apologise in advance if this has been mentioned. My Son in Law showed me a clip of film on Face Cloth that appears to have been taken from the Upper Steve Bull. At the end of the game, two Liverpool...
  13. A

The Keeper

BBC2 now worth a watch.
  14. A

The most expensive free kick!

On the 89th minute on October 25th 2020, Newcastle defender Murphy blasted a free kick past a badly positioed wall. Moments later the final whistle went and the Geordies gained a valuable point and we lost two. At the time it was just another bad result, but few would have thought it would...
  15. A

Eleven Senior Internationals.

When we played Aston Villa last weekend, was it the first time Wolves have started a game with eleven senior Internationals on the pitch? I can recall us starting with ten, before Coady won his first cap, but injuries to Johnny and Jimenez may have prevented this until the arrival of Jose. If...
  16. A

Ennis

Being reported that he is signing for Plymouth on permanent move.
  17. A

Has Nuno's rant at Mason come back to haunt us?

I am not usually a conspiracy theorist, but since his rant against Mason the referees have given us nothing. Have they joined forces around their colleague and decided to show Wolves that they are in control? Take todays game: was the first penalty really in the area? Was the handball, by I...
  18. A

The Professional Foul

The Professional Foul, or put another way cheating. I get fed up of commentators and pundits referring to the professional foul as if it is acceptable. In yesterdays match against Southampton, Podence was on a run towards goal when he was completely wiped out by a defender who made no attempt...
  19. A

How do you keep squad player on side?

With sides like Aston Villa and Everton investing heavily in established players, I was wondering how you keep squad players happy. If you have been a near regular in a side, how do you feel when your club suddenly purchases another player in your position? We get away with it to a degree...
  20. A

Interesting Betting

A few weeks ago, Wolves were available at 600-1 to win the Premier League this season. After the result at Sheffield United our odds have been cut to 190-1 on Betfair, with sums adding up to close on £5,000 being wagered on Wolves. If we happen to get a result against Manchester City next...
Back
Top Bottom