Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Eight game ban.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Podence cleared already according to this:

"If the spitting offence had been proven, Podence was facing a six-match suspension. There will be no retrospective action, as there is no evidence and it has already been assessed."

Reaction score
Fulham play all of our rivals in that period.
“With respect to Wolves’ series of disciplinary breaches, as they have no functioning striker of their own, it has been determined that the fairest solution is to suspend a striker from the team playing the highest number of their relegation rivals before the end of the season.

Love and kisses,
The FA”

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

"If the spitting offence had been proven, Podence was facing a six-match suspension. There will be no retrospective action, as there is no evidence and it has already been assessed."

To me Johnsons reaction in the interview after the game in my opinion shows that nothing happened,

I'd have been fuming if I was spat at but he seemed to laugh it off and stated "I don't wanna talk about it" with a smirk.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the behaviour of the Fulham players after the red card - and remebering Lemina's red - how did any stay on the pitch? Some of United's were charging in as well. The lack of consistency is appalling!

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitrovic can have no complaints. He deserved to be banned until the end of the season, and this ban near enough covers that period.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was my first thought when I saw the thread title. I could see him getting a 4 match ban regardless of the lack of evidence.
Yeah, they're always handing out bans and fines without a shred of evidence aren't they?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm being sarcastic. If there's no evidence, there's no punishment, in football and life in general.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding the comparisons to this and the Bruno incident...

I'm far from a fan of his and he does seem to present as being quite a toxic influence, despite all his technical abilities as a player and certainly not somebody you'd want on your side when the chips are down.

However, Mitrovic aggressively shoved a referee whereas Bruno was moreso him brushing off the linesman after the linesman had already put his hands on him (albeit with good intent). I can understand why the Bruno incident wasn't punished as it wasn't him that initiated the physical contact.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The FA are quite rightly set to appeal, saying the ban should be longer.

For the sake of every referee at grassroots level, I hope the FA are successful.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

For the sake of every referee at grassroots level, I hope the FA are successful.
How long do you think he should be banned for?

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It’s a joke they’re doing that having let Fernandes get away with nothing.

I am sure there are far more kids idolising Bruno and his club than Mitrovic and Fulham.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding the comparisons to this and the Bruno incident...

I'm far from a fan of his and he does seem to present as being quite a toxic influence, despite all his technical abilities as a player and certainly not somebody you'd want on your side when the chips are down.

However, Mitrovic aggressively shoved a referee whereas Bruno was moreso him brushing off the linesman after the linesman had already put his hands on him (albeit with good intent). I can understand why the Bruno incident wasn't punished as it wasn't him that initiated the physical contact.

That’s the argument that ManU fans have been using ad nauseam. I don’t buy it.

For a start, he received no punishment for the incident, no red, no yellow, not even a verbal warning. Secondly, the assistant intervened because Bruno had already shoved TAA who was holding onto the ball. So the assistant was already responding to an aggressive act by Bruno, and his reaction to the Assistant, was to shove him and give him a disdainful look, like he can do what he likes. That’s not the first time Bruno thinks he’s above the law, and the officials are letting him get away with it week in, week out.

Yes I agree Mitro’s incident was worse, but not black and white, as the comparison in punishments would suggest. Bruno should at least have received a yellow, perhaps more. I mean Lemina got a second yellow for just running towards the ref. There is zero consistency when it comes to certain teams and players.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking at the behaviour of the Fulham players after the red card - and remebering Lemina's red - how did any stay on the pitch? Some of United's were charging in as well. The lack of consistency is appalling!
Ah but the rule of the third person was only for our game and the next day to avoid any thought of bias against us. It wasn't meant to stay as proved since.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean, its hardly a "shove". Not sportsmanlike, and I don't like Mitrovic either.

However, I hate referees so much (sorry jonzy) and their total lack of respect for the game and its players in this league that maybe I'm okay with this :)

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How long do you think he should be banned for?

Until the end of the season. There are referees at grassroots level who would expect severe action. The FA have said they want to do all they can to help grassroots football, so an 11 game ban would send the message out.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s the argument that ManU fans have been using ad nauseam. I don’t buy it.

For a start, he received no punishment for the incident, no red, no yellow, not even a verbal warning. Secondly, the assistant intervened because Bruno had already shoved TAA who was holding onto the ball. So the assistant was already responding to an aggressive act by Bruno, and his reaction to the Assistant, was to shove him and give him a disdainful look, like he can do what he likes. That’s not the first time Bruno thinks he’s above the law, and the officials are letting him get away with it week in, week out.

Yes I agree Mitro’s incident was worse, but not black and white, as the comparison in punishments would suggest. Bruno should at least have received a yellow, perhaps more. I mean Lemina got a second yellow for just running towards the ref. There is zero consistency when it comes to certain teams and players.

Fernandes should have been sent off and it was wrong that he got away with it. But Mitrovic not only shoved the referee, but he carried it on by going face to face with the referee, forcing the referee to step backwards.

In my opinion, Mitrovic behaviour was a lot more threatening than Fernandes. That is the big difference.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or not...

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fernandes should have been sent off and it was wrong that he got away with it. But Mitrovic not only shoved the referee, but he carried it on by going face to face with the referee, forcing the referee to step backwards.

In my opinion, Mitrovic behaviour was a lot more threatening than Fernandes. That is the big difference.
Nobody is doubting Mitrovic was worse but that Fernandes got absolutely zero punishment so what message does that send out?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody is doubting Mitrovic was worse but that Fernandes got absolutely zero punishment so what message does that send out?

I agree. Fernandes should have been sent off, The FA let down all grassroots referees by not charging Fernandes.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Worth noting the FA feel 8 games isn't enough and will appeal for a longer punishment.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
I agree. Fernandes should have been sent off, The FA let down all grassroots referees by not charging Fernandes.
Devils advocate’s question: Why is the Linesman allowed to grab Fernandes’ arm, when it is forbidden for Fernandes to touch the Linesman?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah, they're always handing out bans and fines without a shred of evidence aren't they?

For the avoidance of doubt, I'm being sarcastic. If there's no evidence, there's no punishment, in football and life in general.
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Devils advocate’s question: Why is the Linesman allowed to grab Fernandes’ arm, when it is forbidden for Fernandes to touch the Linesman?

Watch the whole incident, not just the edited clip shared by countless Man U fans. Bruno shoved TAA first, as TAA was holding the ball. The Assistant intervened to stop handbags, that’s his job. Bruno didn’t like it, shoved the Assistant and looked down on him like he was more important. He was completely out of order. It wasn’t as aggressive Mitro was, but it was worthy of a card of some form.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Watch the whole incident, not just the edited clip shared by countless Man U fans. Bruno shoved TAA first, as TAA was holding the ball. The Assistant intervened to stop handbags, that’s his job. Bruno didn’t like it, shoved the Assistant and looked down on him like he was more important. He was completely out of order. It wasn’t as aggressive Mitro was, but it was worthy of a card of some form.
The question isn’t difficult. Why is he allowed to touch a player when a player is not allowed to touch the linesman?

Back
Top Bottom