Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. J

That miss

Out of curiosity has anyone seen a worse miss at Molineux than the Simms first half "tap in" ?
  2. J

What a turnaround !

Four defeats in the first five games, a draw at Luton, it's 30th September and we're about to face Man City. Who isn't expecting a relegation battle ? Fast forward to 18th February, we have 35 points. That's 31 points in the last 19 games. We're basically safe with 13 games to go. Fantastic.
  3. J

Best Referee

We spend a lot of time slagging off referees so, for a change, who do we think is the best Premier League referee ?
  4. J

Gary O'Neill's Molineux Army

Well done our manager and players.
  5. J

Wolves to win the Title (handicap)

Beftair have us at 20-1 to win the title with a 48 point head start on Man City. Villa and Burnley are 9-1 favourites at +32 and +48 respectively. The only teams we have to give points to are Bournemouth and Notts Forest at +50, Sheff Utd +54, and Luton +56. Not a bad bet.
  6. J

Fixtures

I don't get all the negativity over having to play extra fixtures like a FA cup replay v Liverpool. Firstly, it's a great game of football at Molineux to look foward to. But it's also a great chance for players just behind the first 11 to get in the limelight. Guedes, Hwang, Toti yesterday all...
  7. J

Tactics v Brentford

For all the furore the result created, the truth is that we played great attacking football against Leicester for the first hour. But we were torn apart at the back. So what do we do against Brentford ? Same again and hope that we take some of our chances and Brentford miss some of theirs ...
  8. J

Least exciting transfer

Who was the signing that you knew from the start was not going to move the dial ? I'll nominate Greg Halford from the MM era.
  9. J

Nelson Semedo

I thought Semedo had a great game today. He's really grown into the team over the last year. Today he was strong in defence and brilliant down the lines. Plus the goal. Ok, never worth what we paid, but not so far off.
  10. J

Jota

I can't work out how to do a poll, but how many will Jota score tomorrow ?
  11. J

Wolves for the neutral

24 goals in our 13 games so far. 12 for,12 against. 2 goals fewer than Brighton. 4 fewer than Nuno, who's played a game less. Everyone elses' matches have produced at least 30 goals. Villa are 39, Leicester and Man U are both 43. I don't follow other teams' fans, but I guess they must put our...
  12. J

First Half

Apologies for being too lazy to look, but when was the last time we : 1. Scored in the first half. 2. Scored in the first half and led. 3. Scored 2 goals or more in the first half.
  13. J

The Ides of Mick

Sacked after that 1-5 defeat to Albion. Could history repeat itself ? OK, there's no relegation on the line but another bad defeat wouldnt be a good look with Fosun or the fans. Allardyce has a 5 win, 2 draw, 0 defeat ratio against us aswell !
  14. J

Our style of play

Ten mins into the game Dendocker drives forward towards the half way line, has no one ahead or around him, and plays the ball backwards. On this occasion, straight to a Villa player and they nearly score. It's not the mistake itself, it's the fact that our midfield and defenders, game after...
  15. J

The big one

Forget the league, we are 4 games away from winning the FA Cup. Massive opportunity to get to QF. Fosun and Nuno have been a winning ticket for us so far. Maybe the luck hasn't run out yet.
  16. J

Neto's mate

Joint MOM - the guy in the stand who Neto celebrated with. Played a fantastic cameo role.
  17. J

Our playmaker

It became clear yesterday just how much we rely on Coady's long balls to the flanks to give us any attacking thrust. Leicester neutralised that option yesterday and we couldn't get anywhere, at least until Traore came on and created his own runs. If other teams do that Nuno will have to come up...
  18. J

We tread our own path

We sign an 18 year old wonderkid from Porto for 35 mil who is considered the best teenage striker in Europe. Newcastle sign 28 year old proven goalscorer Calum Wilson from Bournemouth for 20 mil. Time will tell, but the only way to greatness is having faith in our approach.
  19. J

Thrill of the Cup

Call me nostalgic, but the road to the FA Cup final at Wembley starts today. Never forget the roots of our game or the thrill of giantkilling. Pinchbeck United v St Neotts Town the pick of the ties for me. Don't know why, just like the names.
  20. J

Saiss

I think that this guy deserves an appreciaton thread. Every year he has improved, he's become captain of his country and he's had a record 16 bookings this year !
Back
Top Bottom