Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. J

Is the iconic Wolves badge the most recognisable of the Premier League teams?

It surely must be. I have just returned from a holiday in Greece. Wearing my Wolves training kit design on a regular basis, I was amazed by the constant recognition from Greek football fans. Walking around I would get at least half a dozen 'Wolves' thumbs up comments each day. What struck me was...
  2. J

Is the Wolves Ticket Office an abandoned ghost ship?

….because I must have called it 30 times this season and never got beyond the automated message…..'Our lines are busy at the moment. Please call back' then disconnection.
  3. J

'Sweet Caroline-WTF!' What's wrong with 'Once upon a time?'

A while ago on this forum someone suggested the playing of Sweet Caroline'. My reaction is an emphatic NO, no, no. What on earth has sparked this deluded record choice among football fans?. On Saturday after the Southampton game the tannoy crackled with this hideous song. Thin end of the wedge...
  4. J

Wolves last two away games will go down in Wolves history!

Can anyone think of two away 'consecutive' games in Wolves history that have ended so dramatically?
  5. J

Wolves v Ipswich

According to Wolves sold out? Does anyone know if it is all sections or will parts of the quadrant be released for sale.
  6. J

On this day 45 years ago. Wolves v Leeds title decider.

This game was one of the most memorable, and controversial games in Wolves history. First the controversy. Bribery allegations had been gathering pace since the climatic finale at Molineux in May which denied Leeds the Title and the double. The Daily Mirror back page headline 18th September...
  7. J

Online Ticket Purchase-help required

Hi Folks I've just purchased 2 tickets for the home game against MK Dons. I selected the Print at Home option. In the past an e-mail is despached immediately with a PDF attachment. Print off -job done. However, I have not received the e-mail as yet. Should I have clicked a 'link' at...
  8. J

Wolves 13th most successful club of all time-according to the Daily Mail

Slow weekend, seems like an opportune time to post this interesting article from the Daily Mail. According to the double page spread the paper poses the question; ‘So how big is your club’ Joint 13th according to the Mail criteria. Based on; Crowds Global Fanbase Trophies Average league...
  9. J

The Liquidator played at Molineux......last night

.......at the New Year bash. Yo dj played it just after midnight [maybe moratorium lifted by WMP] much to the delight of the raucous revellers who sang their hearts out. Don't know if any fellow mixers present, but damn good do, and the staff were superb.
  10. J

Ref decisions yesterday?

Aplogies if there is a dedicated thread for ref incidents. Feel free to move it there. I'm thinking specifically about Jonzy or any other ref experts out there. First. Why was Austin's goal disallowed for QPR, regarding goalkick re-taken.? Secondly. Howard throwing himself on the ball...
  11. J

New thread protocol?

Is it just me, but is anyone else exasperated at clicking on a thread entitled 'England' expecting tonight's game comments, only to find 56 pages that started back in March? Another one is 'Today's games' started months ago. Recently Jonzy started a thread referring to Atkinson reffing a...
  12. J

Come on own up! Do you spend the entire game monitoring social media?

I am amazed [or perhaps shouldn't be] at the increasing number of fans glued to their smart phones, either texting or staring blankly at their screen monitoring social media. In the North bank around me it seemed like every other person was glued to their phones rather than the game. No...
  13. J

Walk up fans pay on the day

I just thought I would clarify an issue which has been a source of uncertainty for some time. I can confirm that you can pay on match day at the Wolves merchandise shop on Dudley street in the town centre. No booking fee, just produce a supporters number, or post code and away you go with...
  14. J

Wolves v. Albion Territorial strongholds across the West Midlands?

I don't go to Merry Hill shopping centre very often, but I have to say that in terms of shoppers wearing Albion shirts they beat Wolves hands down. Which leads me to the conclusion that Brierley Hill is an Albion stronghold. I am from Bridgnorth, and I would say that it is a Wolves...
  15. J

25 years since Bully scored that goal........

on his England debut against Scotland. [beat you to it Jonzy:D] What a goal and what a media coup. After years in the wildernes, Bully elevated our sadly declined club back into the national spotlight. Only the second ever third tier player to be capped at full England level [peter taylor...
  16. J

Pre, and after match music suggestions

Ok here we go again. It has been a while since we have had the obligatory ‘intro music’ discussion. Accepting that we will never hear the Liquidator again. A few suggestions for pre match music. I don’t mind the Hi Ho Silver lining anthem, but the teams’ entrance for me would be either...
  17. J

What is your greatest Black Country derby victory?

Seems a good time for more nostalgia. Following on from the 10 worst defeats and 10 best wins, I bring you ‘Your greatest Black Country derby victory’ In my lifetime it has to be the 1971, 4-2 victory at the hawthorns. There has been some crackers over the years and I almost chose the...
  18. J

The 79' 80' Season. Will it ever be bettered?

I was going to write ‘in my lifetime’ but I was born in ’57. However, my spectator career began in the 67’ 68’ season, so therefore the 79’80’ is arguably the most successful in my time. In this time of gloom time to take a trip down memory lane. Highlights of that great season; Despite...
  19. J

SW Corner fans. Are you still going this season?

In light of the current debate over pricing I was interested to know how many of last seasons South West Corner fans are attending this season? I attended roughly 75% of home games last season and chose to sit in the SW corner based purely on the affordability of watching the games for a good...
  20. J

Anyone else expieriencing difficulties with this site?

During the past week I have had difficulty accessing this site. Is all the transfer speculation responsible for the meltdown?
Back
Top Bottom