Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v. Albion Territorial strongholds across the West Midlands?

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't go to Merry Hill shopping centre very often, but I have to say that in terms of shoppers wearing Albion shirts they beat Wolves hands down.

Which leads me to the conclusion that Brierley Hill is an Albion stronghold.
I am from Bridgnorth, and I would say that it is a Wolves stronghold.

Where do you live in the region, and who is more prominent Wolves or Albion?

W

WasStefan

It's the same through the Bilston/Willenhall area now too, plus obviously Oldbury, Wednesbury, Dudley etc.

The truth

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's the same through the Bilston/Willenhall area now too, plus obviously Oldbury, Wednesbury, Dudley etc.

The truth
What is the truth ? $$$$ in the ascendancy, surely not !

Last edited by a moderator:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I lived in Tettenhall all my life until 1989, no one would dare mention Albion :)

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I moved to Dudley in 1998 and I belived Dudley was Wolves territory, I was told it was 50/50 and after all those years, I now believe it ro be 60/40 Wolves, but it does depend where in the borough you are ! Gornal is 70/30 Wolves, Pensnett, Kingswinford, Stourbridge mainly Wolves ! Brierley Hill 50/50 Quarry Bonk- 70% Albion, Coseley, Woodsetton, 60/40 Wolves. We outnumber the stripey ones without doubt !

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I lived in Tettenhall all my life until 1989, no one would dare mention Albion :)

Excellent. I would say that every post code travelling west from Molineux towards Shrewsbury would be predominantly Wolves.

Anyone here from Telford? I would say solid Wolves?

Locks Heath Wolf

Reaction score
Kiddy defo Wolves over Albion but lots of Villa too. As for me, well Southampton seems more Wolves than Albion...about 5 shirts to 1 over the last couple of years!!! not bad considering they are PL.

V

vega recollection

Saw a couple of wolves shirts in Sutton Coldfield last week,nothing else.I'd have thought Villa town tho.

E

Essex Wolf

Well not the West Midlands I know but I can say there are more Wolves supporters in Essex than those of Tesco Town. Lived down here most of my life now and met Wolves supporters in Colchester, Witham, Braintree, Chelmsford, Southend, Basildon and various other backwaters.

Okay there might be a few boggies out there but I've seen a lot more Wolves tops, badges and car stickers on display than boggy.

andy-in-seat-190

Reaction score
I work in the Moxley / Darlaston area - deff. more Albion than Wolves supporting parents.

W

WasStefan

Excellent. I would say that every post code travelling west from Molineux towards Shrewsbury would be predominantly Wolves.

Anyone here from Telford? I would say solid Wolves?

Would say you're right there, think east of Wolves is falling into Baggie hands though

k-dog

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Never seen an Albion fan in Merridale or Chapel ash, do know a few in Compton mind, Wolverhampton is nearly all Wolves ain't it, or Liverpool united etc. Albrighton, Shifnal, on towards telford is 75/25 wolves I'd say.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wombourne. The odd $$$$$$ but I'll weed them out.

Anything south of here goes split between Veela the $$$$ and Wolves

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bridgnorth too.
Partisan over here.Don't let the scrubbers over the bridge!

W

wanderer24

Telford used to be 95% Wolves but with the success they have had, the numbers have risen sharply.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well not the West Midlands I know but I can say there are more Wolves supporters in Essex than those of Tesco Town. Lived down here most of my life now and met Wolves supporters in Colchester, Witham, Braintree, Chelmsford, Southend, Basildon and various other backwaters.

Okay there might be a few boggies out there but I've seen a lot more Wolves tops, badges and car stickers on display than boggy.

On the subject of moving out, there's a few WBA in Burton but I'd say we still shade it.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never seen an Albion fan in Merridale or Chapel ash, do know a few in Compton mind, Wolverhampton is nearly all Wolves ain't it, or Liverpool united etc. Albrighton, Shifnal, on towards telford is 75/25 wolves I'd say.

I should flippin hope not ! I lived in MERRIDALE FOR 10 YEARS and no Andy Pandy was ever seen !

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think a good barometer to gauging Wolves and Albion demographics is the Pubs showing Sky football. I was working in Madeley this week and two pubs had boards outside proclaiming all Wolves games shown here. Same in Bridgnorth. But as I was driving through Brierley Hill today I saw a few pubs proclaiming 'All WBA and Villa games shown here':embarassed:

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think a good barometer to gauging Wolves and Albion demographics is the Pubs showing Sky football. I was working in Madeley this week and two pubs had boards outside proclaiming all Wolves games shown here. Same in Bridgnorth. But as I was driving through Brierley Hill today I saw a few pubs proclaiming 'All WBA and Villa games shown here':embarassed:

Yes , but trade is hard !

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
:willy:pS Up the Wolves :willy:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 4023

Changing subject slightly:
Never seen a stripey shirt or fan up where I live - unfortunately I have to put up with looking at bet188 wanderers.

R

Rswoza

I live in Hayle Cornwall defiantly see more wolves then Albion, all the lorry drivers that turn up to work are $$$$e fans though.
That Albion shop in the merry hill does make me cringe when I walk past it though.
I'm ex Halesowen btw.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kidderminster is predominantly wolves by a long chalk , seconded by villa but if wolves are on TV pubs are full think a lot that say they support villa are your plastic fans who just pretend they like football yet they've never been near a stadium or learnt the offside rule ;)

C

coxywolves

Living in Cannock it's like liquorice all sorts, a lot of wolves fans, the odd few token $$$$ fans, a few villa fans here and there, and an odd 'hardcore' man utd and Liverpool fan to be found in many a social club. Apart from that Cannock is IMO predominately Wolves.

Back
Top Bottom