Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bill Parcells who is one of the true all time great NFL Coaches has a number of excellent sayings, my favourite of his is " The best ability is availability "and another one is " You are what your record says you are "

One of the great things that makes the English who we are is the love of the gallant underdog battling away, which is Luton. Yet as Coach Parcells would point out one win in fifteen says it all about Luton in reality.

Last edited:

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. people seem to think they are much worse than they are. One of the few prem sides that can actually defend as well.

Glad to see them survive. now hopefully Forest do the same.
They e cheated the rules , and stayed up as a result.

Don’t know how you could be glad

Agree they are a good side though

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I decided to watch Dundee United v Partick Thistle in the Scottish Championship last night. There was nothing at stake as The Arabs * have won the title and Thistle had clinched third place in the play offs. Still it was a cracking game with plenty of action with Dundee winning 4-1. Partick rested a lot of players and it showed !

There was a disgraceful dive by Louis Moult ( ex Stoke player ) that incredibly the ref bought, awarding a penalty ! The reaction of the Partick players was instant as they knew Moult had dived. Justice was served when he himself had the pen saved :)

Great to see The Terriers back in the top division as their support is on average at home games 3 times what Ross, Livingstone and some others get in the SPL for games that do not feature the ' Ugly Sisters ' . Also I am old enough to recall the eighties when Dundee United won the Scottish Premier League and made it to the European Cup Winners Cup Final where they were defeated Gothernburg who were managed by some chap called Sven-Goren Erickssen ( I often think what became of him :) ) Then they beat Roma 2-0 in the 1984 European Cup Semi Final only to lose 3-0 in Rome to shall we say some rather strange decisions that clearly favoured the home team ;)
Richard Gough, Paul Sturrock, David Narey and Maurice Malpas were all excellent players from that side. Jim Maclean was the manager and a man with a reputation for dourness and a short temper. Jim actually stuck one on BBC Scotland reporter John Barnes live on air ( it is on YouTube ! )

* Dundee United ended up with one of their nicknames being The Arabs ( these days it applies more to their fans than the team who are known as The Tangerines or Terriers ) because in the season of 1962/63 that was bitterly cold the Tannadice pitch was unplayable due to it being frozen. They bought in burners but that did not unfreeze the pitch enough to make it playable. So they brought in lorry loads of sand, so much of the gold stuff that the pitch resembled a desert, this did make the pitch playable and Dundee United players adapted so well to the conditions they became known as The Arabs :D:D:D

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I decided to watch Dundee United v Partick Thistle in the Scottish Championship last night. There was nothing at stake as The Arabs * have won the title and Thistle had clinched third place in the play offs. Still it was a cracking game with plenty of action with Dundee winning 4-1. Partick rested a lot of players and it showed !

There was a disgraceful dive by Louis Moult ( ex Stoke player ) that incredibly the ref bought, awarding a penalty ! The reaction of the Partick players was instant as they knew Moult had dived. Justice was served when he himself had the pen saved :)

Great to see The Terriers back in the top division as their support is on average at home games 3 times what Ross, Livingstone and some others get in the SPL for games that do not feature the ' Ugly Sisters ' . Also I am old enough to recall the eighties when Dundee United won the Scottish Premier League and made it to the European Cup Winners Cup Final where they were defeated Gothernburg who were managed by some chap called Sven-Goren Erickssen ( I often think what became of him :) ) Then they beat Roma 2-0 in the 1984 European Cup Semi Final only to lose 3-0 in Rome to shall we say some rather strange decisions that clearly favoured the home team ;)
Richard Gough, Paul Sturrock, David Narey and Maurice Malpas were all excellent players from that side. Jim Maclean was the manager and a man with a reputation for dourness and a short temper. Jim actually stuck one on BBC Scotland reporter John Barnes live on air ( it is on YouTube ! )

* Dundee United ended up with one of their nicknames being The Arabs ( these days it applies more to their fans than the team who are known as The Tangerines or Terriers ) because in the season of 1962/63 that was bitterly cold the Tannadice pitch was unplayable due to it being frozen. They bought in burners but that did not unfreeze the pitch enough to make it playable. So they brought in lorry loads of sand, so much of the gold stuff that the pitch resembled a desert, this did make the pitch playable and Dundee United players adapted so well to the conditions they became known as The Arabs :D:D:D
Also beat Barcelona home and away in the UEFA cup in 86/87.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Today we could see Blackburn or Blues relegated most likely blues. Can’t see they have enough to get past Norwich sadly

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see the Artful Tax Dodger Ratcliffe at Manure is moaning about the state and upkeep of Old Trafford. Jesus Jim, try looking in the mirror as you are hardly the image of sartorial elegance yourself :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Right then, decisions decisions.
Ipswich on the TV and Blues on the iPad or the other way round. This is a real dilemma. First World problems hey

What? Arsenal kick-off at lunch-time as well. I need a lie down

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm torn, as I don't want to see Plymouth relegated - which a defeat could well cause - but also want Hull to win, obviously, to scupper Albion. Then again, Preston are abysmal, there's no way they beat West Brom, so I may as well just bite the bullet and go with Plymouth.

Huddersfield cheering any and every Ipswich goal against them because they know it screws Leeds will be the highlight of the day.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm torn, as I don't want to see Plymouth relegated - which a defeat could well cause - but also want Hull to win, obviously, to scupper Albion. Then again, Preston are abysmal, there's no way they beat West Brom, so I may as well just bite the bullet and go with Plymouth.

Huddersfield cheering any and every Ipswich goal against them because they know it screws Leeds will be the highlight of the day.
If Leicester beat Blackburn and Birmingham win could be the Rovers that drop

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Easy - Norwich and Hull win, WBA lose. WBA out of play-offs and Blues go down.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jay Stansfield wonder if he will get a chance at Foolham after his goals for Birmingham??

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watching Ipswich. Commentators continually inferring you have to be brought down for a penalty to be given. Surely not right?
Well, if they mean in a practical sense, then yes.
Very rare any of the incompetent officials give a pen for an obvious foul when the player foolishly tries to stay on their feet.

Back
Top Bottom