Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lopetegui

GV Wolf

Reaction score
We will be fine. Jeff & Hobbs had showdown talks after January apparently.

Rumours that Neto, Gomes & RAN have clubs ready to meet the prices. If they leave early we can get replacements in early. Time will tell all on bs Jeffery
If Gomes and RAN leaves then I suspect Cunha will want out as well, leaving us with ……..nothing! Happy new 2024/25 season everyone.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So the common denominator is Hobbs who appointed both of these managers. He did blot his copy book by trying to sign Beale in between. However, Hobbs won't be happy about being let down with the withholding of transfer funds by the owners.
It is important we keep hobbs as he is doing much better than sellars. Fabio silva's plumetting transfer value will displease guo who will hopefully move shi completely away from football decisions.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking back I can say JL did a commendable job considering we were bottom at Christmas and a bit of a lost cause.

Right man, right place, right time who guided us to safety with games to spare, not sure who else could have rescued the situation at the time?

The manner in which he left and the way GON was appointed with days to go at the beginning of the season is still debatable, however, usually in these circumstances there’s two sides to the story which in all honesty we’ll never really know?
The rescue job JL managed means he escapes my disdain. Part of me thinks his leaving was orchestrated by both parties. Even so, he oversaw a decent preseason and left the club in good stead.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

dnf14

Reaction score
Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We tried to hire Mark Robson as one of Gary's assistants upon his appointment and since JL would likely try to install his own backroom staff I wonder if we'd revisit that interest?

Nice shout. They bribed him to stay with a promotion to first team coach, not unthinkable that he could keep that job under JL though.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he doesn’t go to Milan, then I think he will wait until another top job becomes available. Whether Lopetegui considers West Ham as a big club, well only he knows that. I heard a silly rumour a while ago that Newcastle United were considering him if they decided to get rid of Eddie Howe.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched a five minute interview with Loppy on Sky Sports. Looks like it was in his house, which is very nice (he still lives in Wolverhampton). It did show flashbacks to the victories and the celebrations of some of our victories when he was head coach and it seems ages ago.

He wants to stay in England and manage in the Premier League.

Let’s see what happens in the summer, shall we.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
If he doesn’t go to Milan, then I think he will wait until another top job becomes available. Whether Lopetegui considers West Ham as a big club, well only he knows that. I heard a silly rumour a while ago that Newcastle United were considering him if they decided to get rid of Eddie Howe.
I think West Ham is probably about right for him. If the people who judge him more harshly than me are right, then he might mess them around waiting for Newcastle or even Man U to come knocking. That won't go down well and then probably won't happen, so if he's not as arrogant as they believe he'll do the sensible thing and take the West Ham job as soon as they make their decision on Moyes (if they haven't already). Biggest problem is probably that West Ham fans have a manager who they think is poor even though he's actually overachieving.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
He came in with a job to do, he did it and he left over issues inside the club. I don't love or hate him to be honest. I am in the middle. We have GON now who I massively rate so I think we were fine in the end. Not sure Milan is the right move for him, with West Ham he will have (what I consider to be) one of the most impatient and deluded fanbases in the league though.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He came in with a job to do, he did it and he left over issues inside the club. I don't love or hate him to be honest. I am in the middle. We have GON now who I massively rate so I think we were fine in the end. Not sure Milan is the right move for him, with West Ham he will have (what I consider to be) one of the most impatient and deluded fanbases in the league though.
West Ham fans are going to get a massive wake up call if the board listen to them and appoint an attack minded, free flowing football manager. Their David Moyes squad won’t have the athleticism or ability (other than front 3) to play that way and they’ll soon find themselves
longing for the safety of Moyes.

Lopetegui would be a good fit for them as he’s kind of in between.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just watched a five minute interview with Loppy on Sky Sports. Looks like it was in his house, which is very nice (he still lives in Wolverhampton). It did show flashbacks to the victories and the celebrations of some of our victories when he was head coach and it seems ages ago.

He wants to stay in England and manage in the Premier League.

Let’s see what happens in the summer, shall we.
Used to see him quite regularly in the gym , up until around Christmas time.....haven't seen him for a bit though, thought he might have moved on...he was always meditating in the back room without a care in the world........I used to walk in , dropping stuff on the floor, pretending to say sorry....in my own little world it was a bit of payback....

Last edited:

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
West Ham fans are going to get a massive wake up call if the board listen to them and appoint an attack minded, free flowing football manager. Their David Moyes squad won’t have the athleticism or ability (other than front 3) to play that way and they’ll soon find themselves

Bit off topic but I always have a little laugh when their fans ask "How many of our games have you watched? Do you watch our games?" when I say that they shouldn't sack Moyes. Of course I don't watch West Ham, I'm a Wolves supporter! :tearsofjoy:

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeah, what could possibly go wrong with giving a squad built by one head coach with a particular style in mind to a completely different style of coach - at least without a complete rebuild - see Nuno and Lage....

You'd have thought that going Moyes to Pellegrini and then having to cap in hand ask the former to come back to bail their asses out when they looked Chump bound might have registered. Not to mention Fat Sam to Bilic....

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Used to see him quite regularly in the gym , up until around Christmas time.....haven't seen him for a bit though, thought he might have moved on...he was always meditating in the back room without a care in the world........I used to walk in , dropping stuff on the floor, pretending to say sorry....in my own little world it was a bit of payback....
You didn’t throw any tea cups at him, did you?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You didn’t throw any tea cups at him, did you?
No.....I had to laugh the once though.... about the time Nunes was going and I thought we were stuffed...I thought I would take me frustration out on the punch bag in the back room ....In I walks and he was meditating in the corner..this is all your fault I was muttering whilst trying to do me best Rocky impersonation.....his face was making it worse ...

Back
Top Bottom