Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Please believe me when I say, this story has nothing to do with Wolves.

:)
Really hope your right, Wolves players being involved is getting some traction on social media because apparently we are the only team that played at home and that had 2 19 year olds in the squad (actually 3) - going as far to even name them, not taking into account that the players could have been arrested on returning to their home ground from an away game or may not have even been in a match day squad - the papers have really stirred the ****.

Last edited:

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please believe me when I say, this story has nothing to do with Wolves.

:)
Obviously horrendous whoever they play for, but that is good to hear. Almost feels like the club should say something to be honest, there are a lot of **** heads on Twitter naming our players because they are 19 and we played at home which is extremely unfair.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Obviously horrendous whoever they play for, but that is good to hear. Almost feels like the club should say something to be honest, there are a lot of **** heads on Twitter naming our players because they are 19 and we played at home which is extremely unfair.
Shouldn't have to but i agree the club should make a statement distancing us from it

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Surely this IS a job for VAR, have one of the extra bods in their shed using a timer to keep track of keepers/throw-ins taking too long and then add the time on at the end?
I'm really confused by this, I saw it a week ago and thought, did they actually abolish the 6 second rule? Literally can only remember seeing it enforced once, very shortly after it came in, a keeper held the ball for something like 5.5 seconds (at Newcastle IIRC) and the ref blew. They said is was right as the rule said 5-6 seconds - I mean what sort of rule is that? So once again it seems like they're making a big fuss about introducing a law that they don't need if they just enforce what they have?

Reaction score
Jesus... Regardless of which club it is, that was not what I was expecting to read tonight.
Two 19 year old Premier League footballers arrested "on suspicion of assault and aiding and abetting a rape".

I’d just like to say it was absolutely not any wolves players. Even my sons name has been mentioned by some idiotic Twitter and TikTok trolls.
Scumbag journalism by naming the age of the players and teasing the public into guessing who it could be.

So don’t worry wolves fans it’s non of our young lads .

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
I'm really confused by this, I saw it a week ago and thought, did they actually abolish the 6 second rule? Literally can only remember seeing it enforced once, very shortly after it came in, a keeper held the ball for something like 5.5 seconds (at Newcastle IIRC) and the ref blew. They said is was right as the rule said 5-6 seconds - I mean what sort of rule is that? So once again it seems like they're making a big fuss about introducing a law that they don't need if they just enforce what they have?
The yellow card for persistent time-wasting should be enough, though it should be shown earlier.

One thing that would be nice is if they could provide a best before date on these rules, the 6 Second rule (lasts 1 season), real extra time to reflect ball out of play (less than half a season), aggressively running at Ref (one match), just let us know when we can discard worrying about them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The club absolutely shouldn't say anything in response to Twitter bull**** rumours. And speculation hidden away on this thread is the kind of thing that makes it hard to moderate, and would ultimately lead to it potentially being closed.
I suspect you’d feel differently if you were one of the lads the Twitter detectives have named.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The yellow card for persistent time-wasting should be enough, though it should be shown earlier.

One thing that would be nice is if they could provide a best before date on these rules, the 6 Second rule (lasts 1 season), real extra time to reflect ball out of play (less than half a season), aggressively running at Ref (one match), just let us know when we can discard worrying about them.
Opening out the thread more it basically says that they don't enforce the 6 seconds with an indirect free kick as they think the punishment is too severe. That's probably true, but how did we get to a world where refs decide which laws they like and ignore the rest? Asking them to count the time in their heads seems crazy, surely the lino is the one best placed and with least to do!?

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I suspect you’d feel differently if you were one of the lads the Twitter detectives have named.
Exactly! If the club isn't involved or it's young players then what is the problem distancing themselves surely that is better than the continued speculation?

Either way it is a serious problem that needs to be sorted.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Shouldnt have had to come to this, if all 19 clubs that it doesnt involve come out with a statement then its unfair pressure on the one involved. More a problem with the internet these days rather than anything about the club though. Why cant people just not get involved in legal matters that has absolutely diddly squat to do with them.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Done with class, but I agree with the post below too.

Shouldnt have had to come to this, if all 19 clubs that it doesnt involve come out with a statement then its unfair pressure on the one involved. More a problem with the internet these days rather than anything about the club though. Why cant people just not get involved in legal matters that has absolutely diddly squat to do with them.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep well handled by the club. Agree they shouldn’t have to do anything, but the internet (and particularly Twitter/X these days) is a cess pit of misinformation and accusations unfortunately. The right thing to do to look after our young lads, but agreed it is a shame that we had to.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to apologise for initially speculating in my original post that Wolves players could have been involved based on matchday squads when there was nothing to suggest in that article that the aforementioned 19 year olds were involved in games over the weekend, I should know better.

An awful situation for all involved, especially for the victim involved. Well done to Wolves for putting the welfare of the players first given some of the accusations that have been levelled at them on social media.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Football. Eating. Itself.

As for the other matter glad it’s cleared up from our club. I did a post in todays games and got deleted. Nonetheless whatever is happening to young men in football needs to change.

Oh my word. They are americanising our great sport. Whatever next?? They may as well go and play in every country if this happens. Just think of the money. Legacy fans can stay at home. Climate change is happening we shouldn’t even be flying?? Crazy. We can’t have our cake and eat it. Which one do they want??

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As for the other matter glad it’s cleared up from our club. I did a post in todays games and got deleted. Nonetheless whatever is happening to young men in football needs to change.

Oh my word. They are americanising our great sport. Whatever next?? They may as well go and play in every country if this happens. Just think of the money. Legacy fans can stay at home. Climate change is happening we shouldn’t even be flying?? Crazy. We can’t have our cake and eat it. Which one do they want??
Cake. I'd imagine.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Disgraceful if this happens, all for a few quid.

Isn't this exactly what those pl cup tour things are they have every year?

I appreciate football is a global game but the leagues/cups should be left untouched and played in the UK.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly it will likely require some of the AHs making these posts getting some jail time to change anything.

TibbertonWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Had to leave early as daughter unwell . Counted at least 3 traffic wardens on Park Avenue. Car near where I parked ticketed for having the disabled clock set for 2 o’clock even though I tried to explain to the traffic warden that the car arrived after we had parked so couldn’t possibly be 2. She was having none of it.

Bit of a crap night really for many of us.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I see that Sheffield Utd have now conceded a record 92 goals in a 38 game Premier League season, beating Derby's 89 total. Can they beat Swindon's top flight record of 100 conceded in a 42 game season?

Back
Top Bottom