Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 251 66.6%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.2%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.2%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.5%
  • Other

Votes: 17 4.5%

• Total voters

loppers86

Reaction score
ok. it turns out it’s not a fake, but he actually did that!

That dive was one of the weirdest things i have ever seen in football. i think that he may need some form of help.

I was always a big supporter of his and relatively speaking he did ok in his first season where we lost Raul.

Trouble is that he’s not a very good footballer. (how does he manage to get i. the age level teams for Portugal?). This loan is getting more embarrassing than signing him for £35m.

it really is time to get rid of the ‘falling octopus’ - just let him leave by mutual consent and hope that eventually he becomes the Pub Quiz question he deserves to be.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe this is part of the reason GON bombed him out on loan .

Dez probably sneezed in training and Fabio fell to the floor . What Fabio didn't realise they hadn't even got the balls out yet .

I feel for Fabio but not when trying to join the Olympics diving team . Podence was another but to be fair to him he actually has some ability at this level.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best thing Fabio can do now imo is get a move back home to Portugal. Get back around family and friends which hopefully will put him in a better headspace to try to rebuild his career.

While he has to accept he is to blame for some of the failures so far in his career, i think he's been developed in a pretty ordinary manner at Wolves.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely the coaching and playing staff at Rangers are having a word with him about this kind of stuff?
Do you know Scottish football? Rangers normally dive in the area and the officials happily oblige. Check out their penalty stats as they are actually incredible . But even after a VAR check yesterday they could not award that one lol

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will just want to add one thing that in all honesty the young lads that have come in to play upfront have given their all but are they any better or worse than Fabio .

I think we all know we need some extra quality in the summer . But so far of the players that have come in . Noe of them have looked like a Robbie Keane or Lescott to me . You could see they had additional qualities . Yes both went onto to much higher levels . My only concern is that Fosun probably think these lads will do . When for me the effort is there but the quality at this level is not.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So many teams on the lookout for a ‘9’ this window.

Be smart Wolves and don’t **** about.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best thing Fabio can do now imo is get a move back home to Portugal. Get back around family and friends which hopefully will put him in a better headspace to try to rebuild his career.

While he has to accept he is to blame for some of the failures so far in his career, i think he's been developed in a pretty ordinary manner at Wolves.
Geniunely don't think he's improved whatsoever since he joined.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Geniunely don't think he's improved whatsoever since he joined.

Its very difficult to get a gauge on him tbh. I thought all things considering he did ok in his first season. Barely got used in Lage's first season, then I thought he showed a lot of improvement in what he was doing away from the club last season. Came into this one into a side that were performing poorly and never really got going, but this loan spell at Rangers has been a disaster.

I just dont think whatever happens he's ever going to get a break at Wolves. His time is done and when he leaves i hope Jeff holds his hands up and takes the blame. I find it hard to fully blame a player who at 18 was thrown in to carry the teams forward line. Thats on Shi.

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its very difficult to get a gauge on him tbh. I thought all things considering he did ok in his first season. Barely got used in Lage's first season, then I thought he showed a lot of improvement in what he was doing away from the club last season. Came into this one into a side that were performing poorly and never really got going, but this loan spell at Rangers has been a disaster.

I think he did really well considering. We've seen Fraser, Chiwome, Chirewa, these are our best young attackers, and they've not done a fraction of what Silva did. I don't think any of them have looked remotely like scoring at this level. Silva had 7 goal involvements his first season. Lage treated him terribly.

He clearly did improve last season but has regressed again. I've never known a player have such extremes of form, like even now he was MOTM in a Europa League knockout about a month ago?

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
I've seen this exact thing happen loads of times, it has been quite a while though and it used to involve me, a Playstation controller and a game of Fifa oh and at least one of my lads who somehow thought it was hilarious every time I accepted their challenge on those damn video games.

Reactions: Ian

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We made a massive mistake in signing Fabio, but not as massive as Arsenal when they signed Nicolas Pepe for £65million in August 2019.

He went out on loan 12 months later and is now playing in Turkey after leaving Arsenal in September last year.

Just saying.
Incompetence should not be excused by the incompetence of others .

waveney wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he did really well considering. We've seen Fraser, Chiwome, Chirewa, these are our best young attackers, and they've not done a fraction of what Silva did. I don't think any of them have looked remotely like scoring at this level. Silva had 7 goal involvements his first season. Lage treated him terribly.

He clearly did improve last season but has regressed again. I've never known a player have such extremes of form, like even now he was MOTM in a Europa League knockout about a month ago?
Blaming Bruno ...be serious.
Bruno spoke the truth about Silva cos he was lazy in training etc .
Nuno , Bruno , Lopetegui and Gary can't all be wrong .
He's crap , always was ,end of

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my opinion, that's one of the worst attempts at cheating that I've ever seen. Fabio assumes (without confirming) that there's a defender behind him and just flops to ground thinking he'll get a penalty, rather than simply tap the ball into an unguarded goal. He even initially performs the ritual of sticking his arms out in appeal on the way down, until he realises there was no one behind him. He can **** right off for that, as far as I'm concerned.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What's frustrating is if he just taps that in we could all be happy for the decent movement and goal!

I just don't know how even an inability to sort his feet out looks like that. So strange.

I fear for him on a personal level at this point. He's had a very strange and isolating early adulthood, and there are blips that look very turbulent emotionally. Feels kind of child-star-y.

Okay, Jeff really ****ed up. Maybe this is mild corruption. Who knows. What do Wolves do now with this.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sasa did his other knee awhile ago. He's probably done in top-level football I imagine.
Thank you for the update and that’s bad news but not wholly surprising.
What a dreadful transfer window summer 2023 was. Guedes, Nunes, Collins and Sasa. Three who completely failed to live up to expectation and the other a completely unnecessary injury prone gamble that backfired spectacularly. To think at the time we could have probably signed Gyorkes for a similar fee to Sasa’s.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Only just seen his dive haha. Happy clappers will still watch that and say his movement to create the pass was so clever. Like watching Pele!

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'd argue it was his family ( ie his dad!) and friends ( Mendes) that should take a large part of the blame for Fabio's situation..... milking him for all he was worth when they found a gullible sucker ( Shi) to believe the hype and vastly overpay.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd argue it was his family ( ie his dad!) and friends ( Mendes) that should take a large part of the blame for Fabio's situation..... milking him for all he was worth when they found a gullible sucker ( Shi) to believe the hype and vastly overpay.

The money would have been too good to turn down so you can see why they took it.

Reactions: Ian

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The dive that should concern us is that in his transfer market value. I am getting to the point where even £5m would be attractive. The sooner this whole sorry saga ends the better. Someone's head should fall for such incredible misjudgement at the club- particularly on the ridiculous size of the fee, never mind bloated wages also.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This man has cost us £34 million and a salary and agents fees .
Cost about £50 million .
In a time when you can only lose £105 million in three years for FFP.
This is not his fault, and I dont think anyone will know for certain why we did this.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Blaming Bruno ...be serious.
Bruno spoke the truth about Silva cos he was lazy in training etc .
Nuno , Bruno , Lopetegui and Gary can't all be wrong .
He's crap , always was ,end of
35 mill crap. Shi should get the bullet for that alone. I can't stand the bloke. He's sly.

the genius

Reaction score
While Silva undoubtedly has potential, the Premier League is unforgiving, and time might not be a luxury we can afford. Selling him would be a wise move, allowing the club to reinvest in areas where we need more immediate impact. We should cut our losses and look for a different solution up front.

loppers86

Reaction score
The dive that should concern us is that in his transfer market value. I am getting to the point where even £5m would be attractive. The sooner this whole sorry saga ends the better. Someone's head should fall for such incredible misjudgement at the club- particularly on the ridiculous size of the fee, never mind bloated wages also.
we should sue him for gross negligence. it’s so bad i keep wondering if it’s a deep fake.

Back
Top Bottom