Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Forest- possible points deduction

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We can do nothing about VAR but if clubs are going to be penalised say 2, 3 or 4 pts many may say, **** it, we'll take the hit and not worry so much about the over-spend, provided it is within a reasonable amount. Hard to blame them if they take that attitude esp when you see how our season is turning out by following the rules. I agree VAR has ****ed us as well.
In a way I’m quite proud that our club has tried to compete with the rules fairly. I do get the argument, if it was me I’d be taking a lot more points off teams who have cheated.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In a way I’m quite proud that our club has tried to compete with the rules fairly. I do get the argument, if it was me I’d be taking a lot more points off teams who have cheated.
This is what angers me. Effectively, Everton and Forest have blatantly cheated. Yet the pathetic points deduction look like it wont get either of them relegated. So by cheating, they have actually prospered and ‘got away with it’.

They should both either have a substantial (no appeal allowed) penalty of 20 points deduction. Or automatic relegation as a penalty.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Seeing the side we put out tonight I do wonder if we'd been better over-spending thus having a full and decent squad and copping for a 4pt deduction? I expect we could have been on 50pts+ - 4 pts = 46pts, 3 better than where we are now. I wonder if playing by the book really is ****ing stupid?
Except we wouldn't have a points deduction this season for breaking the limits this season. We probably wouldn't have got one this season as even by the clubs dubious leaks we'll be £15-£20m clear, which would have paid the wages and amortisation on a couple of squad players to spread the load on the attackers. Much as people like me owe O'Neil an apology for massively underestimating him, what Lopetegui said about the squad has also proved correct, it isn't really bad luck, it's the inevitable consequence of overloading the players.

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has to be a spoof account.!Who writes ‘var is Luton fan’

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Forest are going to have the book thrown at them for that tweet. The points deduction will easily be large enough to save one club below them. I reckon the punishment will be massive as the league have to make a point to discourage anybody else.
The tweet is not a spoof anyone can see it now on the official Forest site.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thing is I do sympathise with them in that the decisions (particularly the 3rd one) were very poor. I sympathise because in their genius the PGMOL found a PE teacher from Dunstable to ref our game at Luton.

However, the idea of legal action to challenge decisions on the pitch is like the ultimate version of VAR - it's bad enough rubbish refs sat in studios deciding football matches, imagine when it's down to lawyers!

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon Forest are going to have the book thrown at them for that tweet. The points deduction will easily be large enough to save one club below them. I reckon the punishment will be massive as the league have to make a point to discourage anybody else.
The tweet is not a spoof anyone can see it now on the official Forest site.
Amazing that they actually informed the PL that the var ref was, apparently, a Luton fan

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing the side we put out tonight I do wonder if we'd been better over-spending thus having a full and decent squad and copping for a 4pt deduction? I expect we could have been on 50pts+ - 4 pts = 46pts, 3 better than where we are now. I wonder if playing by the book really is ****ing stupid?
So we'd be facing a possible charge and you reckon 4 point deduction. We'd have squad players who may not be part of next seasons plans. We'd move above Brighton, who if they win their game in hand would replace us? So we'd be in exactly the same place in the league :D

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have more bite if they named the VAR ref. Who was it and can it be confirmed he is a Luton fan.

To be fair, you can imagine that tweet came right from the top and wasn't the decision of the admins. It's got the fingers of the two seat Greek all over it.
I would imagine they consulted their ex-ref adviser Mark Crappenberg?

Guessing that as we speak he's sending in his mates to sort out the PGMOL - "Gladiators, are you ready?". . . grab those Pugil Sticks and off we go...

crocos

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I used to have a soft spot for Forest from when I was a kid and they rose up the divisions to win the European Cup etc; now though, they're a club up [down] there with Bolton & the Boggies for my dislike. May they go down and stay down.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good away day Forest and Everton....loads of pubs.....****hole Luton and Burnley and no pubs...thats my theory....

They will carry on cheating both Everton and Forest and getting points deducted....so wouldn't worry about them...

Monk

Groupie
Reaction score
Just an observation because of this and previous behaviour doesn't this make the allegation against a wolves fan makings racist comments against MGW a tad more dubious

Back
Top Bottom