Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

stever

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn't be against this if he wants the move as well. He's one player that's always ****ed me off when playing against us, would be nice to have a bit of that ****housery on our side for a change.
I like his **** housery stuff but he does have brain farts like Sa. Do I think he would be an upgrade? No

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he isn't too expensive I'd think we will look at Kelleher, I wasn't too convinced before this season but he had a good run of games while Allisson was out and looked solid. But Liverpool don't sell players for cheap especially a prominent squad player (there isnt many better no2s in the league) like him so I reckon we could probably find cheaper.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So what are we thinking the 2024/25 squad looks like?

GK - New Bentley King
WB - Semedo Doc Bueno and New
CB - Bueno Dawson Kilman Toti and Mosquera
Mid - Lemina Gomes Doyle and Traore
Forward - Cunha Hwang Sarabia Chiquinho Bellegarde and 2x New

Above assumes Sa, RAN and Neto go plus Guedes, Podence, Hoever, Lembikisa, Hodge, Cundle, Silva and Sasa are sold/loaned.

Would be c£100m available for 4 players. Have coverage at WB from Mosquera and Toti, plus bench coverage from Chirewa, Chiwome and Fraser.

Any seeing it differently?

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Guess it depends on the fee we would get for Sa. If it’s somewhere in the ballpark of what we’d have to pay for Ramsdale (perhaps we’d get that from a Saudi club) then fine.

But if we effectively lose Sa and Neto in exchange for Ramsdale and say £30m, I think I’d rather keep Sa and get the full £50-60m for Neto as I don’t think Ramsdale is that huge an upgrade.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GK - New Bentley King

Above assumes Sa, RAN and Neto go plus Guedes, Podence, Hoever, Lembikisa, Hodge, Cundle, Silva and Sasa are sold/loaned.

Would be c£100m available for 4 players. Have coverage at WB from Mosquera and Toti, plus bench coverage from Chirewa, Chiwome and Fraser.

Think another CMF needed and cover for Semedo Doc wont cut it

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been linked with so many goalkeepers it does seem like Sa may be moving on, which surprises me to be honest.

Timberrrr

Reaction score
It's fairly obvious fosun have **** out and expect a couple of big sales in the summer.no way they will invest it all and I hope gon stays cos we're gonna have to go down the young and hungry route(and cheap)
If Luton go down mengi and one from adebayo or Morris would do and as an outside punt szmodics from Blackburn is worth a look.gotta be better than what we got.that team we put out last night was the weakest since before nunos reign

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have been linked with so many goalkeepers it does seem like Sa may be moving on, which surprises me to be honest.
Maybe Bentley,but we need a keeper that can use his feet better in the modern game,Sa gives me a heart attack everytime he has the ball

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd like a sweeper keeper that doesn't make a lot of errors, and confident coming for crosses. Is that too much to ask for?

Yeh, probably.

All I know is if we theoretically had a £50m budget in the summer, I'd want most of that spent on striker(s)!

Arsenal would want a fortune for Ramsdale to recoup most of the £30m they paid for him and I've always had my doubts about him... he doesn't have much of a market either as I don't think many other Premier League clubs will be in need of a keeper this summer, unless Chelsea want him.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My worry is that the current crop of players only pick up one more win this season as the season fizzles out AGAIN. They’ll see that Shi and his penny pinching cost them a trip to Wembley and that they’re basically playing for 13th
Players like Neto , Cunha , Gomes and RAN have more ambition in one combined little finger than Shi , so they will want out
They’ll be sold and new average players will be bought in to maintain mid table obscurity.
FOSUN only want PL membership , they are not interested in pushing for European spots as they won’t outlay the necessary capital
So more of the same next season , with lesser quality players and less hope of winning anything
How long GON tolerates such tight **** owners is anyone’s guess.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4 goals and 3 assists from Hoever this season from RB/RWB. I wonder if there is a way back for him. I hope so, I rated him quite a bit don't really think he did much wrong (bar that Liverpool game) but needed experience which he has now.
Not if you listen to Stoke fans, same old problem is not committed

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we need 6 points from the next 2 realistically and then draw gets us 50 if we can get 49 or 50 points what a season. just let down by Coventry game and injuries (small squads.. ffp)

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I'd like a sweeper keeper that doesn't make a lot of errors, and confident coming for crosses. Is that too much to ask for?

Yeh, probably.

All I know is if we theoretically had a £50m budget in the summer, I'd want most of that spent on striker(s)!

Arsenal would want a fortune for Ramsdale to recoup most of the £30m they paid for him and I've always had my doubts about him... he doesn't have much of a market either as I don't think many other Premier League clubs will be in need of a keeper this summer, unless Chelsea want him.

If we’re after that, Valles fits the bill. The other one who I’d be looking at (and I know he dropped a howler against Brentford recently) is Muric at Burnley.

You’d assume that Burnley will probably have Trafford as first choice next year so Muric could be available (particularly if Burnley go down). Generally excellent with the ball at his feet and thought he looked very assured against us.

Best keeper in The Championship (soon to be League One) is Viktor Johanssen at Rotherham.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we’re after that, Valles fits the bill. The other one who I’d be looking at (and I know he dropped a howler against Brentford recently) is Muric at Burnley.

You’d assume that Burnley will probably have Trafford as first choice next year so Muric could be available (particularly if Burnley go down). Generally excellent with the ball at his feet and thought he looked very assured against us.

Best keeper in The Championship (soon to be League One) is Viktor Johanssen at Rotherham.
muric had a great game yesterday honestly would take a look definitely

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Let’s let 4 in the other day I’m not convinced he’s any better than Sa

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Never watched Johanssen so can't comment on that one but I'll take your word for it. Muric does look steady, I do wonder if Burnley kept faith with Trafford for so long because of the price tag, he always looked a bag of nerves. I think that's a good shout and presumably wouldn't cost a great deal.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The other one who I’d be looking at (and I know he dropped a howler against Brentford recently) is Muric at Burnley.

Muric also gifted Everton a goal the week before which cost them the game. I don't see him as an upgrade at all to Sa if I'm honest he'd probably be quite a downgrade.

I'd expect us to go abroad for a keeper as UK based keepers seem way overpriced.

The Rotherham keeper wouldn't be a bad shout from what I've saw but can he make the step up? That's the big question.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn’t Hoever a CB when we signed him? He’s probably one of those that O’Neil has to have a look at pre-season.
depends a bit whether we are sticking with 3/5 at the back (& i hope we do).
Also worth noting that Stoke fans think he is decent going forward but defensively suspect. Not ideal for a CB.
I guess it also depends whether Semedo and RAN stay. Hoever wont want to be on the bench all the time and we can probably only get away with one marauding wing back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never watched Johanssen so can't comment on that one but I'll take your word for it. Muric does look steady, I do wonder if Burnley kept faith with Trafford for so long because of the price tag, he always looked a bag of nerves. I think that's a good shout and presumably wouldn't cost a great deal.
Berge, Cullen, Foster, Odobert, Brownhill are all decent players just need to play in a better formation. Playing open football is suicidal. Some of them like Cullen, Foster & Odobert have good potential to improve further. I think Odobert will get a decent fee for them looks very impressive. Berge is a bit of quality on the ball when he’s fit can pick a pass. Brownhill is defensive work horse type

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also worth noting that Stoke fans think he is decent going forward but defensively suspect. Not ideal for a CB.
I guess it also depends whether Semedo and RAN stay. Hoever wont want to be on the bench all the time and we can probably only get away with one marauding wing back.
The best route into our squad for Hoever (or Lembisika) would be to replace Doc as backup/competition for that position.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

GK - New Bentley King

I have a feeling that Kilman and Semedo might go - both been here a while and prob at the peak of their value. So those two need replacing.
I also think Chirewa, Chiwome and Fraser will all go on loan meaning we need squad depth their, too.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That weird ....cause I never posted that...

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Berge, Cullen, Foster, Odobert, Brownhill are all decent players just need to play in a better formation. Playing open football is suicidal. Some of them like Cullen, Foster & Odobert have good potential to improve further. I think Odobert will get a decent fee for them looks very impressive. Berge is a bit of quality on the ball when he’s fit can pick a pass. Brownhill is defensive work horse type
The only one who's really stood out when I've watched them is Koleosho, wouldn't mind if we signed him to add some depth to our attacking options. He's got a bit of Jota about him.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only one who's really stood out when I've watched them is Koleosho, wouldn't mind if we signed him to add some depth to our attacking options. He's got a bit of Jota about him.
That’s what I’m saying the likes of Koleosho, Oderbert, Cullen and Foster have shown glimpses of what they can do. Put them in a better side with better coaching they will improve to a better level. It’s all a calculated risk whos worth taking a chance on and who isn’t….

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Kilman and Semedo might go - both been here a while and prob at the peak of their value. So those two need replacing.
I also think Chirewa, Chiwome and Fraser will all go on loan meaning we need squad depth their, too.
We have dani angel to replace chiwome so chill out.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guess it depends on the fee we would get for Sa. If it’s somewhere in the ballpark of what we’d have to pay for Ramsdale (perhaps we’d get that from a Saudi club) then fine.

But if we effectively lose Sa and Neto in exchange for Ramsdale and say £30m, I think I’d rather keep Sa and get the full £50-60m for Neto as I don’t think Ramsdale is that huge an upgrade.
Keep Sa, embodies the spirit of the team. Ramsdale is a moaning ****, who would undermine the team ethos.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As long as we keep RAN, Cunha and Gomes I'm happy for the club to wheel and deal, getting as much as possible for Neto in particular. Above all we need two new grown up strikers in the mix - and I don't mean Che Adams. Mosquera coming back and prospering will be crucial. Hoever and/or Lembikisa can be wing back back up hopefully but still not sure on that. Chiquinho also hopefully good back up option out wide. Doyle obviously gets signed and we would do well to bring in his mate McAtee also as he won't be getting any games at Man City. Partial replacement for Neto.

Sa is fine for now but he needs more serious competition. Please Lord we get something for Silva- £8m would do and say £12m for Guedes plus £6m for Podence. That would pay for one of the strikers we neeed. Perhaps return to Broja who has potential at only 22.
Along side him a fast tricky goalscorer like Amoura.

Ideally we keep Kilman as Dawson is now heading for the tail end of his career so Kilman becomes with Toti and Santi Bueno useful options going forward.

It is the two needful strikers and a winger or two to replace Neto that will be by far the main concern for me unless Ait-Nouri is given an out and out attacking role and we bring in a new left wing back.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we're choosing keepers that might be available I'd prefer Kelleher over Ramsdale.
He ain’t an albion fan and improves our Irish contingent. Doherty, Hodge and Kelleher or Szmodics would be nice group. Mick would be proud

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could well be a case of who wants Neto more.... Liverpool or Arsenal with which keeper we get...reduced fee for either club but giving up there reserve keeper maybe the deciding factor....

With Jorge making up our transfer budget with the sale of Sa to Saudi.....it could work out for us....

Back
Top Bottom