Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Arsenal comms thread.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HT: 0-1, a tale of two posts. Gomes's shot comes back of theirs, Trossard's shot goes in off ours. But poor play in the box to allow the shot.

Overall way better than may expected, we've been very competitive indeed. Gomes in particular adding to his summer sale value but a big shout out for young Chirewa who has show some nice touches and flashes of real promise. Dead frustrating to be losing after keeping them at arms length for so long.

The heffalump in the room is that they're probably more likely to be able to step it up from the bench when players tire. That goes without saying although, yeah, I've said it.

Some odd officiating from the pillock in the middle who's given some world-record-soft free kicks while letting tackles above the ankle and swinging elbows go. Truly strange.

The highlight was when he gave a free kick *against* the player hit by the swinging elbow.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just seen the kilman challenge again. bit of an ankle breaker that, very lucky VAR didn't intervene.

Spirited half, some good performances out there but we will come up short with this match day squad.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I swear to god that the Amazon Prime "no commentator" option is the future. That and the volume button!
Sky did it years ago and it was glorious... and then for some reason they took the option away.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not as bad a performance I expected……..with a little luck we might even snatch victory.
……….just maybe.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolute fluke ass mis-hit swinger of a strike is the only real blot on a decent half. That’s how our luck is atm.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Decent half given the side we have. The midfield three have all done well in their own respective ways and Chirewa has given a really good account of himself.

Doc’s struggled defensively (including for the goal) but has got in a couple of great positions going forward where he hasn’t been found.

Just got to hope we’re still in the game last 20 and can maybe bring Lemina, RAN and Sarabia on. Big, big ask though.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they are being given as fouls then it should be a level playing field. Regardless of whether you or I think they are a foul or not
Well that’s the beauty of football isn’t it. You think the ref has been bias, I don’t. He’s let stuff slide for both sides. The Doherty incident was no different to when Gomes shoved their left back off the ball before going on to hit the post.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jesus Christ skys ‘punditry’ makes me want to vomit. So Theo Walcott tell me 10 reasons why Arsenal shouldn’t even be in whatever provincial ****hole this is?

‘Well Arsenal are going to be awesone’

‘Thanks Theo, Jamie any comment from you?’

‘Hnnng, hnnng, omg…, ****…..nal’

**** OFF SKY

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quite simple, Doc is **** and even worse now, should never have been re-signed

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
doc going forward good runs in behind showing the ball not that anyone has passed to him including Bueno when through but at the back gosh pooorr

Redhillwolf

Reaction score
Unlucky to be 1 down at HT. Major gripe is Doherty. Cost us the goal and lumbering about most of the time. Need to get rid , and subbed !
Totally agree! He has cost us so many goals since being in the team but unfortunately in our current position we’re stuck with him! He looks so unfit and just offers us nothing other than he can win a header! Both our wingbacks have been poor so far to be fair. Playing well just can’t see where a goal is coming from unfortunately.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Well that’s the beauty of football isn’t it. You think the ref has been bias, I don’t. He’s let stuff slide for both sides. The Doherty incident was no different to when Gomes shoved their left back off the ball before going on to hit the post.
Had it gone in though you can guarantee var would've been checking for something.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I decided not to go today, expecting to get a spanking, so watching at home. But we have done far better than I expected. Helped I think by their heavy week, but fair play to GON he has tried to organise what he has at his disposal - I do wonder what he could do with a bigger set of better players.

While not great Hwang has given us a little more presence up front and the young lad Chirewa has done well, he just looks short of real pace to be a top player.

I think they will go on to get another one or two I guess, but as long as we are not embarrassed we can go again on Wednesday and Saturday.

The season can't end soon enough for me, I don't know about the players, but I am looking forward to the summer. Let's hope they build a deeper squad for next season.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
gomes and traore players of the game wolves wise for me, Doyle great passer but looks deathly slow rice ran past him like he was Usain bolt

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just seen the kilman challenge again. bit of an ankle breaker that, very lucky VAR didn't intervene.

Spirited half, some good performances out there but we will come up short with this match day squad.
Yes Gomes was sent off for less tbf

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're still in this but the big issue is going to be at about 70mins when Gomes and Hwang start getting tired and we have no one to replace them with.

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky did it years ago and it was glorious... and then for some reason they took the option away.
Didn't know that - I imagine what happened was that 98% of people selected "No commentator" :D

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're still in this but the big issue is going to be at about 70mins when Gomes and Hwang start getting tired and we have no one to replace them with.

Indeed, the disparity in the two teams' ability to make effective subs means that I can see us holding to1-0 until late on before Arsenal's late, fresh, experienced legs bag a couple more.

Yes, I'm deffo fun at parties! :)

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, after the first 20 minutes of playing against 12, I think the ref got the message when he gave us a free kick. After that we were decent and posed a decent threat.
The Goonies are a good side, it doesn't need help from the ref but we looked decent. Better than I'd thought as I had a deep lying fear about tonight when I saw out line up.

Every now and again Sky seem to get a bit perturbed when someone somewhere notices that Wolves keep appearing on the pitch sporadically.

And to underline anything anyone else has said regarding the Goonies bias, the Sky presenter mentioned the Goonies improving their goal difference.

Ffs.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lets face it we have done far better than expected in the first half and are unlucky to be 0-1 down.
Arsenal dont look much but not sure where we get a goal from sadly.

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As an aside, I wish the f.a would fine players for cutting holes in their socks. It's one of those little things which has no impact upon me or my life in any form, and yet it annoys me beyond all comprehension.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just to make my night worse just seen a pic of the **** Starmer sitting in the directors box supporting Arsenal. **** off

Back
Top Bottom