Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One of those highlights you could watch on a loop forever. I've always loved the reactions of the other players, especially Benik Afobe - his expression is just so "Dude, you did not just do that!"

God, that team was absolute gold. Last I checked, Afobe was playing in the UAE, not sure if he still is. Such a shame his career never took off beyond Championship level, for a season or two he was immense for us. We're crying out for a finisher like that in this current team, the missing cog (I refuse to say piece of the jigsaw). And, on that note, it's really about time Neves returned to Europe, what a waste.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of those highlights you could watch on a loop forever. I've always loved the reactions of the other players, especially Benik Afobe - his expression is just so "Dude, you did not just do that!"

God, that team was absolute gold. Last I checked, Afobe was playing in the UAE, not sure if he still is. Such a shame his career never took off beyond Championship level, for a season or two he was immense for us. We're crying out for a finisher like that in this current team, the missing cog (I refuse to say piece of the jigsaw). And, on that note, it's really about time Neves returned to Europe, what a waste.
Always like Benik, unfortunately whether it was going to the wrong clubs or losing his hunger a bit (maybe both) he never looked the same player we signed first time round, for the rest of his career. Whenever I saw him at Stoke, Milwall or Bristol he seemed to be trotting round the pitch with no real desire.

Re Neves, I’d love to see him back in Europe even back in the EPL for someone else. It’d be hard seeing him play in another premier league shirt but he deserves to play in the best leagues.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

Afobe met up with doc in Dubai when the team were training there

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really hope they will ALWAYS play Elvis and ‘The Wonder of You’ at Molineux!!

I don’t know why it can’t become our Delilah or Sunshine on Leith before the game!!!

Anyway loved it on Saturday, as I always do, and sang along….!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just a random question, when was the last time we had two league goalscorers in double figures in the top division?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Richards and Gray 1979/80 would be my guess
Correct, that amazing 79/80 season was the last time. King John scored 13, Andy Gray 12. Kenny Hibbitt got 9 that season too.

The following season King John got 13, Andy Gray 9.

Weve come close in the Steven Fletcher/Ebanks-Blake era in the PL, as well as Raul and Jota. But Cunha and Hwang this season is the first time this has happened in the top flight since 79/80.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Trying to find a hotel in Wolverhampton for the night of the Luton game (27th April) is proving impossible! I take it there's horse racing on or something that day?

I ended up booking something in Penkridge, but then realised there's no trains running, only a replacement bus service every hour or so. Reckon I'm going to cancel that and book the Holiday Inn Express over at Walsall instead, as it's cheaper and there's at least regular buses out to there. Even at that, I grudge paying £100 a night to stay by the M6 in Walsall! :worried:

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trying to find a hotel in Wolverhampton for the night of the Luton game (27th April) is proving impossible! I take it there's horse racing on or something that day?

I ended up booking something in Penkridge, but then realised there's no trains running, only a replacement bus service every hour or so. Reckon I'm going to cancel that and book the Holiday Inn Express over at Walsall instead, as it's cheaper and there's at least regular buses out to there. Even at that, I grudge paying £100 a night to stay by the M6 in Walsall! :worried:
Yeah, there's the football, obviously, and there is Saturday night racing and there is a group playing at the Civic (Train).

Also, Life of Pi is showing at the Grand and it's the last night of it (I think) and there's a comedy show (Two Pints with Will and Ralf Podcast) at the Wulfrun Hall.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Might you be better staying in Birmingham city centre and getting the tram?

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Might you be better staying in Birmingham city centre and getting the tram?
Starting to look that way, unfortunately. I'll have the car and a 10 year old with me, plus going to be driving back north on Sunday morning, so not an ideal scenario.

On the plus side, we've been able to get a bed at my Auntie and Uncle's on the Friday night, but they can't take us on Saturday. Which is a bugger, as they're only about 20 mins walk from Molineux. Might have to do some phoning round of the extended family!:tearsofjoy:

Bradstonian

Reaction score

Try Barons Court, Goldthorn Hill. Decent and a good price. I stay there when I’m down from Bute.

TheWolfFromWolverhampton

Reaction score
Hello, I have written a poem the other day. This was after we played West Ham.

'
It wasn't to be,
I guess the FA dislike us,
The feeling is mutual,
There is a lack of trust,
VAR is detrimental,

It wasn't meant to be,
On a cold Black Country day,
Playing a London team,
With everything in Europe to play,

It wasn't to be,
When Wolves took the lead,
With Pablo Sarabia,
With the inch perfect penalty,

It wasn't to be,
With Match of the Day,
With tongue in cheek comments,
Maybe these weren't okay,

My heart sank when the goal was disallowed,
This is more than just a game,
Nobody was fouled,
This isn't about money or fame,

It wasn't to be,
For Gary and his army,
Returning with no points on the board,
Back to Compton, to look at the score,
With his emotions entangled,
Angry and upset, he passed the blame,
I guess he wouldn't be the same again,

The world knew how much it meant,
To play against the big teams,
With hearts of lions,
And visions and dreams,
With ambitions of football coming home,
The beautiful game will always be shown,

Even though VAR is killing the game,
The beautiful game, is an emotion,
You can't take that away,
You look into your heart,
And you realise,
Kilman's goal should have stood that day,'

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

'
It wasn't to be,
The feeling is mutual,
VAR is detrimental,

It wasn't meant to be,
Playing a London team,

It wasn't to be,
With Pablo Sarabia,

It wasn't to be,
With Match of the Day,

Nobody was fouled,

It wasn't to be,
For Gary and his army,

With hearts of lions,
And visions and dreams,

And you realise,
@berwickwolf

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Try Barons Court, Goldthorn Hill. Decent and a good price. I stay there when I’m down from Bute.
Cheers, but the only things available in actual Wolverhampton that day are random flats with either terrible reviews or no reviews, looking for between £175 and £400 a night. Or the Wolverhampton North Premier Inn, which is looking for £180 for the night (£145 more than I paid when I last stayed there in February!).

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheers, but the only things available in actual Wolverhampton that day are random flats with either terrible reviews or no reviews, looking for between £175 and £400 a night. Or the Wolverhampton North Premier Inn, which is looking for £180 for the night (£145 more than I paid when I last stayed there in February!).
There's always Stafford (30 mins from Wolves), but again you'll be using Bus Replacement which picks up outside Wolverhampton station and drops off outside Stafford station.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely place Bute. My Mom came from Rothesay (she was in same school class as Lena Zavarroni's mother) but ended up in Wolverhampton when her father was looking for work.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Have you looked on Airbnb? Might be more reasonable than a hotel for a few nights.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

'
It wasn't to be,
The feeling is mutual,
VAR is detrimental,

It wasn't meant to be,
Playing a London team,

It wasn't to be,
With Pablo Sarabia,

It wasn't to be,
With Match of the Day,

Nobody was fouled,

It wasn't to be,
For Gary and his army,

With hearts of lions,
And visions and dreams,

And you realise,
Nice one! Love it!

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Have you looked on Airbnb? Might be more reasonable than a hotel for a few nights.
Yeah. There's a handful on there, but nothing below £145 for the night, and the cheaper ones don't have reviews/have only just been added.

Might have to revisit my plans to have a few pints pre and post-match and just drive us back up the road at this rate. Which is a bit ****!

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I cannot hear or reads the word 'jigsaw' without thinking of Tomasz Frankowski.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely place Bute. My Mom came from Rothesay (she was in same school class as Lena Zavarroni's mother) but ended up in Wolverhampton when her father was looking for work.
"Lena Zavaroni", now there's a name from the past. Sadly lost her life in tragic circumstances.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I briefly got to know her Dad, Victor, when I first moved here 20 years ago. He’s moved away now.

TheWolfFromWolverhampton

Reaction score
Matheus Cunha - A heart of gold, poem to express,

''
Whenever we needed a goal scorer,
It was Matheus Cunha,
Whenever we wanted an equaliser
He was there to foot it home,
He was there to give us points away from home,
The skills that he has shown,
The promise he has grown,
The development, I have seen,
In this player, always lying on a pillow of dreams,

Whenever we needed a result against Chelsea,
He was there to bring us back the points,
Even though he has injury to his joints,
He came back to show that he knew how to play,
When we needed a hero, he turned up that day,

When we were heartbroken against West Ham,
And the Football Association, stealing our points,
He was there to make sure we got something against Forest,
That we could celebrate something after the heart ache,
The heartbreak,
How many years of hurt has it been when losing games,
When Word-Prowse took aim,
Scored a goal for skill not fame,

Matheus Cunha, with his smile we have seen,
Always used to live and dream,
Always was the man in the team,
To surprise those who didn't believe in him,

Whenever we needed someone, he was there,
No need to despair,
Got the points, and facing Arsenal soon,
Let's hope we don't sing to their tune,
They have everything to lose,

Matheus Cunha,
On the pitch,
Scoring the goals,
Not to get rich,
Just to show his heart is beating behind the crest,
To show, not that he is better than the rest,
But to show, where his passion is in his chest,
Matheus Cunha take a bow,
Come back to the Wolves fans who love you,
You always know you will be there,
At the golden palace, the Molineux,
You have a heart of gold,
Let's hope in the summer you won't be sold,
All the players where you need to behold
All of the emotions you want to enfold,
In the passionate Molineux world,
A fortress you have once been so cold,''

el gringo

Reaction score

Did you try AirBnB?

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back
Top Bottom