Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adams improves us compared to no recognised striker l agree. The Hwang comparison is an interesting one given that in truth he's had one really good three month spell for us but been rather meh otherwise.
Yeah I find it hard to know how to rate Hwang.
But I was specifically comparing him as a 9, which probably isn’t really his ideal position anyway.
He’d possibly be second choice to Adams as the central striker? Which as he’s our top scorer seems an odd thing to say given Adams isn’t rated all that highly.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we get a good offer I would sell Kilman.
If Napoli come back in with anything close to their original offer, we shouldn't hesitate to accept it this time. He is definitely replaceable (verging on average without Dawson there to guide him), and it would reduce the pressure on us to sell a RAN or a Lemina.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My information for the moment is that Gomes is being scouted by all top clubs in Premier League, it’s something like 4-5 clubs. But Manchester United have not decided yet what they want to do in the midfield. It will be important to understand the board structure before and what’s going to happen with Casemiro and/or Eriksen to understand how Man United’s plan will evolve.
“So, while interest from top clubs in Gomes is there, at the moment it’s just scouting, and Man United have not decided their plans yet. It’s still early as having a new director in place will be crucial so they can finalise plans on who to target and how much to spend

New message off fresh source that Newcastle today asked about Kilman got my fingers crossed on this one

Last edited:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My information for the moment is that Gomes is being scouted by all top clubs in Premier League, it’s something like 4-5 clubs. But Manchester United have not decided yet what they want to do in the midfield. It will be important to understand the board structure before and what’s going to happen with Casemiro and/or Eriksen to understand how Man United’s plan will evolve.
“So, while interest from top clubs in Gomes is there, at the moment it’s just scouting, and Man United have not decided their plans yet. It’s still early as having a new director in place will be crucial so they can finalise plans on who to target and how much to spend

New message off fresh source that Newcastle today asked about Kilman got my fingers crossed on this one
Any idea how Gomes and how the club feel about this? I really hope we don't sell him. Do you know how long his contract is?
Apologies for 3 questions, but I think he's a massive player for us next season

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any idea how Gomes and how the club feel about this? I really hope we don't sell him. Do you know how long his contract is?
Apologies for 3 questions, but I think he's a massive player for us next season
Contract until 2028 and option of a further year in Wolves favour…. It’s going to take a huge offer to sell him! 60m+ The club are open to the idea at the right price. Hobbs said every player has their price previously.

Fabrizio Romano said it here Man Utd plotting swoop to sign Wolves star Joao Gomes

“So, while interest from top clubs in Gomes is there, at the moment it’s just scouting,” & probably his agent looking for another pay day!!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's great we have Brazilian players, but it does seem their agents can be dodgy? Anyway, that's a good contract and Gomes seems a decent person. Let's hope he stays, at least for another season

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah I find it hard to know how to rate Hwang.
But I was specifically comparing him as a 9, which probably isn’t really his ideal position anyway.
He’d possibly be second choice to Adams as the central striker? Which as he’s our top scorer seems an odd thing to say given Adams isn’t rated all that highly.
Che Adams has scored 36 goals for a not very good Southampton
Check that out with Wolves strikers over the last 7 years.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are dreaming imo if they think we will get more 10 million for Fabio. I do like him as a player, but while he is doing ok at Rangers, he isnt setting the world on fire. His stock is pretty low right now.
Valued at €13m on transfermarkt Fábio Silva - Player profile 23/24

Fabio still only 21 years old. Generational talent could come good with a few more loan moves

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People are dreaming imo if they think we will get more 10 million for Fabio. I do like him as a player, but while he is doing ok at Rangers, he isnt setting the world on fire. His stock is pretty low right now.
He has scored goals everywhere he has been though!

Except Wolves

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn’t sell him for £10m I think GON would though, whether the club will?

Of course this is pure conjecture.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sadly I think you’re right. The best we can do is to get what we can with a huge sell on.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said before I would be reducing a fee for Fabio in order to get the right sort of club involved....one that could potentially develop him..... Seville, Sporting Lisbon, Leipzig etc ..

Would put more emphasis on add ons , sell on clause etc....than initial fee...

But any Portugal u21 should be looking at least 10m....

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has scored goals everywhere he has been though!

Except Wolves

He's done OK to good in all his loan moves, but as i said previously, i dont think he's every set the world on fire anywhere yet. His best football probably has always been for the Portugal national sides he plays for.

I do like him as a player, i think he will have a good career but its just not working for him at Wolves, i dont think it ever will sadly.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's done OK to good in all his loan moves, but as i said previously, i dont think he's every set the world on fire anywhere yet. His best football probably has always been for the Portugal national sides he plays for.

I do like him as a player, i think he will have a good career but its just not working for him at Wolves, i dont think it ever will sadly.

All those loans were to leagues significantly weaker than the prem!

He has talent and shown it in the Europa league a few times, but his league stuff has been against mostly championship level opponents

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All those loans were to leagues significantly weaker than the prem!

He has talent and shown it in the Europa league a few times, but his league stuff has been against mostly championship level opponents

Scoring goals for Anderlecht and PSV both domestically and in Europe at the age of 19-20 isn't bad at all. Neither is scoring 10 in 20 for Portugal U21s.

He's only 21-years-old. Simply a victim of our dodgy dealings and his massive price tag, plus the fanbase's desire for a striker, which we've needed for years.

He needed another loan this season but letting him go without replacing him was obviously mental at the time, and it only took a few weeks for the owners and manager to realise it, even if they pretend it's still the right idea when asked about it publicly.

We'd have had a much better chance against Coventry and Villa with him, that's certainly for sure. And same again tonight.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scoring goals for Anderlecht and PSV both domestically and in Europe at the age of 19-20 isn't bad at all. Neither is scoring 10 in 20 for Portugal U21s.

He's only 21-years-old. Simply a victim of our dodgy dealings and his massive price tag, plus the fanbase's desire for a striker, which we've needed for years.

He needed another loan this season but letting him go without replacing him was obviously mental at the time, and it only took a few weeks for the owners and manager to realise it, even if they pretend it's still the right idea when asked about it publicly.

We'd have had a much better chance against Coventry and Villa with him, that's certainly for sure. And same again tonight.
I'm not sure but I don't think people get faster with age.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I like the kid ALOT….. look at my posts about him when others have gone in on him.

I think in time he will be a very good player, I didn’t want him to go out on loan in Jan!!!! So I am in 100% agreement with you on your last point!

What I am saying is, there is a chasm in class between those leagues and the prem.

he is better than what we have available so we both agree 100%!!!!

Abbobrom

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Speed is all to do with fast and slow twitch muscle fibre.

Paula Radcliffe for example would never be able to be competitive in a top class 100m. Nor would Linford Christe be competitive in a marathon.

It's all about genetics. You can improve your speed but to what extent depends on the above.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can be trained to change your running style which might not affect top speed but the more important for football acceleration
Didn't Adama do a lot of work on that with Darren Campbell? I remember him saying that after being taught to run properly he only ever needed about 80% of his top speed and it gave him more control over his dribbling.

Just a pity Darren Campbell couldn't shoot or cross either.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If its United 80 mill starting.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Speed is all to do with fast and slow twitch muscle fibre.

Paula Radcliffe for example would never be able to be competitive in a top class 100m. Nor would Linford Christe be competitive in a marathon.

It's all about genetics. You can improve your speed but to what extent depends on the above.
I’d say anybody can train and complete a marathon, not much to do with genetics. However 100m sprint is a different beast. You either have it or you don’t.

Back
Top Bottom