Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
I find it bizarre and baffling how worked up people are getting over this. It's happened to plenty other nations in recent years, and nobody else has really given two ****s.

Brazil have had a different version of their flag on the collar of their shirt, scotland currently have a weird purple stripy version of the saltire on their shirt, whilst in the past diadora also put a massive sky blue cross on a white away shirt. Didn't mean any of us Scottish people celebrated any less when Faddy stuck the 30 yarder into the top corner against France ffs! :cool:

FtsaKyZWIAsp5uU.png

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@Wednesbury Wolf called it virtue signalling in his earlier post but refuses to say what virtue it's actually signalling. I think he either doesn't know what virtue signalling means or just heard someone like Lee Anderson say it so thought it must be true.

I really don't understand the is fuss about and why people are so insecure about their flag on the back of the collar of a football shirt. Hand on heart, if someone changed the colour of the Welsh flag on our football shirt I wouldn't give a monkeys.

No one blinked an eye when Team GB had this on their kit in the 2012 London Olympics (or at UKIP's purple Union Jack for that matter). Are people just becoming more sensitive as time goes by, each trying to prove themselves more 'patriotic' than the other, or is social media just an outrage machine that is driving people potty it's attempt to squeeze money out of every click?

View attachment 41340
Thanks I was trying to think of other examples.

I remember this being an Oasis fan thing lol. Explains why nothing showed up on my searches.

To think that's a stylisation of the flag our military fights and dies for to this very day...

Yet politicians didn't say a word about it.

I'll admit to thinking at the time - "should have just left the red in it" but not because I found it distasteful in any way. I just think it would have been better.

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Somebody from the FA must have signed off on it. Potential problems should have been identified at that point.
This is the guy who signed it off Navin Singh who left the fa last year and joined the Chief Commercial Officer of Six Nations Rugby.
Navin_Singh_(002).jpg

Longford Wolf

Reaction score
[/QUOTE
There's plenty of examples of Americans changing the colours of their flag. I've seen "old glory" in all the team colours of the NFL.

Even the Police have a black and white flag with the middle stripe in blue!

I've seen camouflage flags and not just on uniforms.

And of course rainbow stars and stripes, which people have pushed back on, calling it "disrespectful" and "obscene".

The same people don't seem to complain about the Police or military flags though or flags in the colours of their favourite sports teams.

Almost as if they have an agenda!

How could you see a camouflage flag ? If you could see it , surely it’s just a flag

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
This is a design choice lol. The fact you're ignoring the fact the cross no longer has it's field (the white bit) speaks volumes as to your position on this.
I don't have a position on this, I really don't care about the national team or a north of a 100 pound shirt, but I, and I could be mistaken here, am sure I read that it is meant to be the flag on the collar and if that is true then people can call out their choice to change it, mainly as it isn't the flag if the colours are changed.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have a position on this, I really don't care about the national team or a north of a 100 pound shirt, but I, and I could be mistaken here, am sure I read that it is meant to be the flag on the collar and if that is true then people can call out their choice to change it, mainly as it isn't the flag if the colours are changed.
It's clearly a representation of the flag but so are lots of things.

For example...Screenshot_2024-03-23-17-28-25-67_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg

It's not the actual flag, it's the wrong shape for a start. It's clearly a "playful" take on the flag.

This is nothing new. There was a time when red on an England shirt was the stuff of a madmans dreams.

But along came the 80's and 90's and changed all that.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
James Trafford has been called up to the England squad.

He's the worst keeper in the league, I'm sure we must have better English keepers in the championship than him.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nike do the Saudi strip imagine them altering that they wouldn't dare.
It's illegal to desecrate the flag of Saudi Arabia (of which, a legal argument with regards a colour change could probably be made). The punishment although unknown may well be harsh. Of course they wouldn't dare.

Such laws don't exist here. You can burn a flag of your choice in this country (as long as you own it) as part of your right for free speech.

Rowzed

Reaction score
James Trafford has been called up to the England squad.

He's the worst keeper in the league, I'm sure we must have better English keepers in the championship than him.
He’s a decent young keeper and very highly rated. It’s tough playing for Burnley or Sheffield United if you are the keeper.

U21s are often called up to seniors for encouragement before they become a regular part of the squad, then drop back to the U21s

He was the best keeper in the U21 European championship last summer ( did not concede one goal for the whole tournament ) and is still young enough to play in the same team again. Most keepers take years to get the experience he has already.

I think it’s good management, I doubt he will start!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a decent young keeper and very highly rated. It’s tough playing for Burnley or Sheffield United if you are the keeper.

U21s are often called up to seniors for encouragement before they become a regular part of the squad, then drop back to the U21s

He was the best keeper in the U21 European championship last summer ( did not concede one goal for the whole tournament ) and is still young enough to play in the same team again. Most keepers take years to get the experience he has already.

No different to us including our own youngsters in the travelling squad....

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I remember Tim Flowers playing for us in the bleak days of our decline down the tables. He was a fantastic goalkeeper; apparent even then.
As you say, if the team around is terrible, then the goalie doesn't always stand a chance.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let's be honest though, as soon as people like Lee Anderson and Joey Barton see stripes with more than two colours they think it's some sort of LGBT thing - still honouring victims of the Diocletian Purge is prominent in many minds I get that.
I thought that was some sort of enema until I looked it up! :D

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See that "charmer" Joey Barton is at it again, slagging off a 17 year old female goalkeeper. Oh also having a dig at her dad. I really hope that Barton and the seven times world kickboxing champion meet. Methinks that rent-a-gob Barton would soil himself......

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
See that "charmer" Joey Barton is at it again, slagging off a 17 year old female goalkeeper. Oh also having a dig at her dad. I really hope that Barton and the seven times world kickboxing champion meet. Methinks that rent-a-gob Barton would soil himself......

I wonder if he has been so nasty towards Jordan Pickford for his error which allowed Belgium to score? I doubt it. Because Pickford is a man, Barton will probably just dismiss it as one of those things that happen!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Instead of all these YouTubers fighting, someone should put up some money for Barton to fight this girls world kickboxing champion dad. I speak only for myself but I’d pay big money to see someone turn Barton’s lights out for a bit.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Instead of all these YouTubers fighting, someone should put up some money for Barton to fight this girls world kickboxing champion dad. I speak only for myself but I’d pay big money to see someone turn Barton’s lights out for a bit.
Re your last sentence you certainly are not the only one! I would love to see someone shut the gobby POS up. There are those who would say that a jaw injury would be ideal....

Back
Top Bottom