Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

I have something to say that doesn’t require it’s own thread.

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Harry Kane statue which hasn’t found a home yet is laughably bad:

View attachment 41303
Wow - Max Headroom in an England kit

giphy.gif

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Picked the wrong time to fly to Amsterdam. Currently sat with loads of drunken Jocks singing “super John mcginn” o_O
Oh dear !
Good job it's a short haul flight unless you're going via Tokyo, in which case I'd upgrade to business. :D

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nike's virtue signalling "playful update" to the Saint George's cross seems to have gone down really well. One player last night in the under 21 match hid it by pulling his collar up - no doubt he'll be disciplined.

Last edited:

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nike's virtue signalling "playful update" to the Saint George's cross seems to have gone down really well. One player last night in the under 21 match hid it by pulling his collar up - no doubt he'll be disciplined.

Gonna be picky here. But it's totally wrong to use the term 'virtue signalling' in this regard. The flag wasn't changed for any reason that might be considered virtue signalling.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gonna be picky here. But it's totally wrong to use the term 'virtue signalling' in this regard. The flag wasn't changed for any reason that might be considered virtue signalling.
To be fair, you shouldn't **** with a nation's flag for any reason. Imagine Nike swapping the colours on the Stars and Stripes or reorientating the French tricolour.

What did they think they were doing? Utter nonsense from them.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair, you shouldn't **** with a nation's flag for any reason. Imagine Nike swapping the colours on the Stars and Stripes or reorientating the French tricolour.

That's fine. I don't disagree. But it wasn't done for virtue signalling reasons. Facts are important no?

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Nike do the Saudi strip imagine them altering that they wouldn't dare.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's fine. I don't disagree. But it wasn't done for virtue signalling reasons. Facts are important no?
I'm not entirely sure I even know what virtue signalling genuinely means but I do know they changed it because they thought they were being clever *******s.

And they're not.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I'm not entirely sure I even know what virtue signalling genuinely means but I do know they changed it because they thought they were being clever *******s.

And they're not.
It’s just labels thrown out by people who disagree

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've repeatedly said it was representing the 1966 training kit. How is that virtue signalling? please explain. Don't listen to right-wing morons like 30p Lee who are kicking up a cultural war storm to further their own ambitions.
Absolutely this! The far right are just using this for their own petty, pathetic reasons. And they call the left 'snowflakes'!! They really are the lowlife of our country.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The flag design furore is a very easy target for the Joey Bartons of the world to convert into fuel for their own agenda. But it remains an incredibly facile thing for Nike to have done.

I'm torn, because anything that riles up the self-styled anti-woke into a lather of froth is typically fine by me, but messing with a flag that means a lot to many people who DON'T have an agenda was highly unnecessary.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely this! The far right are just using this for their own petty, pathetic reasons. And they call the left 'snowflakes'!! They really are the lowlife of our country.
I doubt Emily Thornberry and Keir Starmer would consider themselves far right

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt Emily Thornberry and Keir Starmer would consider themselves far right
That is actually a fair point. There are many on the middle/left who don't like the Cross being changed. It's just when the far right use it as a vehicle to attack all those that don't follow their creed that it is annoying. They are not the guardians of all things British, even though they proclaim themselves to be.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I’ve seen that Iceland the shop not the country have taken the cross off hot cross buns
The people complaining have been accused of being woke and snowflakes. Just seems all these are just insults to fit peoples agenda both left and right

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Funny isn't it - the 'you lot can't wait to be offended' mob being offended by changing red to purple because 'people died for that flag'.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve seen that Iceland the shop not the country have taken the cross off hot cross buns
The people complaining have been accused of being woke and snowflakes. Just seems all these are just insults to fit peoples agenda both left and right
Why on earth have they done that?

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, just for a bit of fun, yesterday was poetry day and we went to see John Cooper Clarke last week, so I had a go, and produced this rather naff, cliched poem, that's meant to be read quickly and not be taken too seriously!

And it's High, Ho Wolverhampton!

And away we go
From high to low
First to Fourth
Plymouth to Newcastle
South to North

And it's Wolves ay We
And it's you and me
And Fosun and Shi (!)
And I was born under a Wanderers Scarf
Follow the Albion? You're having a laugh..
And out of darkness cometh light
And out of Sandwell cometh..
And once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to have a drink or two
Or three or four,
And a couple after, maybe more,
In the Parisian, the Lychgate, Posada or Moon,
Away in London, Manchester or Toon

And it's passion and pride in our One Pack side
Barnwell to Nuno, Cullis to O Neill,
It's strange and it's real
And it's all we think of and it's how we feel,
A lifetime of love, monogamous and strong,
Coming home to Molineux, where we belong

And it's everywhere we go People wanna know
Who the hell we are
And it's Coady and Neves, Kilman and Sa,
Richards and Dougan, Hibbitt and Carr,
Foreign and Brit, from nearer and far,
And it's Gomes to tackle and Cuhna to score
And outside streets echo to the Molineux roar
And in the Steve Bull we're calling for more

Cos this is our Love and it knows no division
Hughes, Ince, Wright, Tommo and Bull,
From an empty North Bank to a stadium that's full
And it's Old Gold and Black and Wolves in Attack and Wanderers are back
Cos it's Passion and Pride in our One Pack side

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's fine as long as they call them just fruit buns or "tick" buns (the sign that's replaced the cross).

I do think the worlds gone bonkers for all that.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyway, just for a bit of fun, yesterday was poetry day and we went to see John Cooper Clarke last week, so I had a go, and produced this rather naff, cliched poem, that's meant to be read quickly and not be taken too seriously!

And it's High, Ho Wolverhampton!

And away we go
From high to low
First to Fourth
Plymouth to Newcastle
South to North

And it's Wolves ay We
And it's you and me
And Fosun and Shi (!)
And I was born under a Wanderers Scarf
Follow the Albion? You're having a laugh..
And out of darkness cometh light
And out of Sandwell cometh..
And once upon a time there was a tavern
Where we used to have a drink or two
Or three or four,
And a couple after, maybe more,
In the Parisian, the Lychgate, Posada or Moon,
Away in London, Manchester or Toon

And it's passion and pride in our One Pack side
Barnwell to Nuno, Cullis to O Neill,
It's strange and it's real
And it's all we think of and it's how we feel,
A lifetime of love, monogamous and strong,
Coming home to Molineux, where we belong

And it's everywhere we go People wanna know
Who the hell we are
And it's Coady and Neves, Kilman and Sa,
Richards and Dougan, Hibbitt and Carr,
Foreign and Brit, from nearer and far,
And it's Gomes to tackle and Cuhna to score
And outside streets echo to the Molineux roar
And in the Steve Bull we're calling for more

Cos this is our Love and it knows no division
Hughes, Ince, Wright, Tommo and Bull,
From an empty North Bank to a stadium that's full
And it's Old Gold and Black and Wolves in Attack and Wanderers are back
Cos it's Passion and Pride in our One Pack side
Well done, that man !
I shared the stage with JCC at Keele University yonks ago. Good to know he's still out there doing his stuff.

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well done, that man !
I shared the stage with JCC at Keele University yonks ago. Good to know he's still out there doing his stuff.
Nice one! Add a poem of your own?! He was in Wolverhampton a week back, really great as always, and a packed out Halls, although tbe smaller stage.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They've repeatedly said it was representing the 1966 training kit. How is that virtue signalling? please explain. Don't listen to right-wing morons like 30p Lee who are kicking up a cultural war storm to further their own ambitions.
Im certainly not Right wing by any means but why on earth have they messed with the England flag?
If its not the right colours then its meaningless
I cant imagine any other country on earth letting them do that to the national flag ,total madness

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Funny isn't it - the 'you lot can't wait to be offended' mob being offended by changing red to purple because 'people died for that flag'.
The last time people died fighting for the English flag was prior to the Act of Union in the 17th Century.

That is actually a fair point. There are many on the middle/left who don't like the Cross being changed. It's just when the far right use it as a vehicle to attack all those that don't follow their creed that it is annoying. They are not the guardians of all things British, even though they proclaim themselves to be.

English rather than British in this case but l absolutely agree with your main point.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Im certainly not Right wing by any means but why on earth have they messed with the England flag?
If its not the right colours then its meaningless
I cant imagine any other country on earth letting them do that to the national flag ,total madness
Maybe it just shows how social media has blown all this stuff up to crazy proportions.

Here's the 2011/2 kit

1000006229.jpg

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Wasn't that in black and white back then, it was definitely black and white on the telebox? Also would it not be better, if we are going back to 66, to commemorate grassroots football of the time and forgo the purple away kit for skins?

iamthenewno2

Reaction score
Maybe it just shows how social media has blown all this stuff up to crazy proportions.

Here's the 2011/2 kit

View attachment 41314
Supposedly the flag on the back of the collar is meant to be the English flag whereas those are design choices, similar to the TeamGB Olympic kit, a blue Union flag as a design but where the flag appears as a flag it is correct.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Love the poem!
As for politics and hot cross buns, not here...

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
@SingYourHeartsOut , what did you do to earn your new epithet?
Well it was self-identification on our daily games so I can't raise a formal objection, anyway I like to think it's just @Mutchy showing her affection, but I guess that's what a lot of victims of bullying tell themselves!

To be fair it could just as well be my performance in the prediction league.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I'm Welsh so don't give a toss about the English flag, it's none of my business. However, I still don't understand why this is virtue signalling? What exactly is it virtue signalling? Are the different colours supposed to represent something?

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Welsh so don't give a toss about the English flag, it's none of my business. However, I still don't understand why this is virtue signalling? What exactly is it virtue signalling? Are the different colours supposed to represent something?

I'm English and I don't care about it, but I hear St George is cross.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm English and I don't care about it, but I hear St George is cross.
Not a big deal like the media have made out really. It’s triggered certain people. Maybe a deliberate move to cause outrage?

For example, I think some people would feel offended if Wolves were to change the colour of the badge on their top for a season?

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter to me much, but I understand why some are upset and they should be able to discuss it on here without recrimination, it’s our national flag, on a football shirt, it’s absolutely football related.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter to me much, but I understand why some are upset and they should be able to discuss it on here without recrimination, it’s our national flag, on a football shirt, it’s absolutely football related.
Discussing the shirt here is fine.
Right, left, party politics, snowflakes etc etc not so.

Back
Top Bottom