Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we signed him for £28m in summer 2022 on a 5 year contract.

That's £5.6m per year amortisation.

So does that mean we'd need to get a fee of at least £16.8m to break even from an FFP accounting perspective?!

£16.8m for him is peanuts to be honest. I'd be very disappointed with anything less.
Who is going to spend that unless we get Saudi money, and why?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lmao

Never played it dude! Sure, you said he’s not going to be worth much. Sounds like an albion fan to me. You surely want the best figures for your club. Comedy gold post this one
where have i stated i dont want as much for the club as possible?
I do genuinely worry about your take on the world at the moment, i hope everything is ok.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
where have i stated i dont want as much for the club as possible?
I do genuinely worry about your take on the world at the moment, i hope everything is ok.
What take on the world? We all support the gold and black that’s good enough for me. All good here in Austria for the moment

074FFC97-A5EE-43AC-8DC9-6EC5C37F73F0.jpeg

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who is going to spend that unless we get Saudi money, and why?

Because it's probably only us that thinks he's completely worthless, based on his output and appearances for us.

He's still a good age, and an adaptable forward, with a good International pedigree, and a good goalscoring record in La Liga.

Look at some departures from the Premier League to (non Saudi) foreign clubs this season:

Folarin Balogun - Arsenal to Monaco for £26m
Christian Pulisic - Chelsea to AC Milan for £20m
Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea to AC Milan for £16m
Moise Kean - Everton to Juventus for £26m
Iliman Ndiaye - Sheff Utd to Marseille for £15m
Gianluca Scamacca - West Ham to Atalanta for £22m
Nikola Vlasic - West Ham to Torino for £11m

Some of those were highly rated too prior to joining (and failing at) English clubs.

Ability wise, Guedes is probably closer to your Pulisics of this world than your Nikola Vlasics.

Take a bit off for the slight reduction in market values and £16/17m is probably the going rate for a player of Guedes's ability, pedigree and age, regardless of his failed stint here.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we signed him for £28m in summer 2022 on a 5 year contract.

That's £5.6m per year amortisation.

So does that mean we'd need to get a fee of at least £16.8m to break even from an FFP accounting perspective?!

£16.8m for him is peanuts to be honest. I'd be very disappointed with anything less.
Yeah based on those figures it would need to be £16.8m for no profit but no lose.

That would still be a positive for the accounts though as it would mean £5.6m less amortisation cost in next year, so unless you got a loan fee of £5.6m or more a sales at £16.8m would be positive.

In fact as his value would be £11.2m by the end of 2024/25 you’d only need to sell for an amount higher than that plus any loan fee we could fetch in order for it to be better to sell than keep and loan him again.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of unexpected sales wouldn't suprise me..when I say suprise I don't mean losing a big star as such.....a couple of sales from say Yerson or Santi Bueno, ..Hugo Bueno, Bouba , chiquhinho etc. to raise funds for a couple of players in the first team who the manager may prefer.....

It's not about the players but the need to strengthen the first team group....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A couple of unexpected sales wouldn't suprise me..when I say suprise I don't mean losing a big star as such.....a couple of sales from say Yerson or Santi Bueno, ..Hugo Bueno, Bouba , chiquhinho etc. to raise funds for a couple of players in the first team who the manager may prefer.....

It's not about the players but the need to strengthen the first team group....
For me the ideal scenario is to get some money back for Guedes , Podence and silva, plus (unfortunately) get big money for Neto … then keep hold of the rest.
But I agree if those things don’t happen we will probably have to cash in on some others.

Think I’d add Semedo and Sarabia as other possible “surprise” sales.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can get over £10m let’s remember this would be a pure profit sale.

Replacing Hugo Bueno & Ait-Nouri would be incredibly difficult in the same window.

One maybe sold not both would be too risky?

It would. But it could also change the way we set up?

City tend to use Gvardiol and Ake at 'left back'. Traditionally left sided centre backs. Toti could do a similar job for us (and already does when we effectively move to a 4-4-2 variation during games).

So we might not need to replace them directly.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

City tend to use Gvardiol and Ake at 'left back'. Traditionally left sided centre backs. Toti could do a similar job for us (and already does when we effectively move to a 4-4-2 variation during games).

Good suggestion. Wouldn’t mind Sergio Gomez off Citeh hardly plays for them

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And we could do the same with Mosquera on the right side.
IF we did want a back 4 how about
Mosquera-Killman-Toti-RAN
Letting RAN get forward leaving the 3cb’s.
Toti’s pace next to Killman (or Dawson/Bueno) would be valuable.

In other words I hope we don’t sell RAN!
Plus I think H.Bueno can be the perfect back up for the same role…..

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And we could do the same with Mosquera on the right side.
IF we did want a back 4 how about
Mosquera-Killman-Toti-RAN
Letting RAN get forward leaving the 3cb’s.
Toti’s pace next to Killman (or Dawson/Bueno) would be valuable.

In other words I hope we don’t sell RAN!
Plus I think H.Bueno can be the perfect back up for the same role…..

The free floating fullback is a role that's used quite a bit now.

It's probably why Ait-Nouri is in demand, as he's proven he's perfect for it.

Fullbacks and wingbacks have now adapted to dropping in more centrally into the midfield. Spurs's fullbacks come narrow and fill the space of attacking midfielders. Ait Nouri could do that too.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me the ideal scenario is to get some money back for Guedes , Podence and silva, plus (unfortunately) get big money for Neto … then keep hold of the rest.
But I agree if those things don’t happen we will probably have to cash in on some others.

Think I’d add Semedo and Sarabia as other possible “surprise” sales.
Yes agree...I wasn't singling those players out, just looking at ways of improving the core group without massively effecting the first 12/14 players we have who are nailed on prem level...

Gary has been reluctant to use the likes of H Bueno , S Bueno at times and is definitely reluctant to use Bouba under any circumstances..it might be circumstances and with Hugo Bueno for instance it might change the next few months and he may use him ..

If we can get a 2/3 stronger players in the group, in areas we need by sacrificing a couple we may do it... obviously that's what we will hope with the loan players...but you may not shift a guedes , where someone may bid for Hugo Bueno as such ...so to get a forward you may need to do it...that's all ...

One thing we need to get better at , is moving players on....and making descision quicker so we can strengthen the core group...we far too many players and are still short.....

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
expect many links thick and fast for the following

Neto, Gomes, Ran

Then maybe hwang and cunha

40m would get laughed at just like spurs small time enquiring for 30m. It is his agent & reps again wanting another fee

Sorry but we would need 60m now he’s a full Brazil international!! If not more? Caicedo one season wonder 100m lol bench mark made. Money or no money

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because it's probably only us that thinks he's completely worthless, based on his output and appearances for us.

He's still a good age, and an adaptable forward, with a good International pedigree, and a good goalscoring record in La Liga.

Look at some departures from the Premier League to (non Saudi) foreign clubs this season:

Folarin Balogun - Arsenal to Monaco for £26m
Christian Pulisic - Chelsea to AC Milan for £20m
Ruben Loftus-Cheek - Chelsea to AC Milan for £16m
Moise Kean - Everton to Juventus for £26m
Iliman Ndiaye - Sheff Utd to Marseille for £15m
Gianluca Scamacca - West Ham to Atalanta for £22m
Nikola Vlasic - West Ham to Torino for £11m

Some of those were highly rated too prior to joining (and failing at) English clubs.

Ability wise, Guedes is probably closer to your Pulisics of this world than your Nikola Vlasics.

Take a bit off for the slight reduction in market values and £16/17m is probably the going rate for a player of Guedes's ability, pedigree and age, regardless of his failed stint here.

Said it plenty of times, but he's exactly the profile of a forward player we should be looking at. Great goal contributions record in a top league and is very capable of playing anywhere across the front line. We just need to find the version of Guedes that wants to be a Wolves player.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it plenty of times, but he's exactly the profile of a forward player we should be looking at. Great goal contributions record in a top league and is very capable of playing anywhere across the front line. We just need to find the version of Guedes that wants to be a Wolves player.

Antoine Semenyo at Bournemouth would be my choice! Possibly GON's too!

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m more hoping for an out and out 9 type player. Not at all fussed if he can play other forward positions.
I’m always sceptical when players are described as being able to play all across the front line….. suggests to me they’re not fantastic in any of the positions!
Being able to play either side is fine and desirable, but the difference between the 9 role and wider deeper positions is significant imo. Yes have a wide forward who could fill in occasionally down the middle. But what we really need this summer is one genuine central first choice player.
I don’t think Guedes would ever be that player, even if he was committed to being here…

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah based on those figures it would need to be £16.8m for no profit but no lose.

That would still be a positive for the accounts though as it would mean £5.6m less amortisation cost in next year, so unless you got a loan fee of £5.6m or more a sales at £16.8m would be positive.
Whilst we will unquestionably be looking for as much as possible, I reckon that's roughly what we could hope to get and is probably indicative of what the club would be prepared to accept to get him off the books.

Gonna take a few more goals between now and the end of the season though

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sorry but we would need 60m now he’s a full Brazil international!! If not more? Caicedo one season wonder 100m lol bench mark made. Money or no money

I'd argue we should be looking for at least casimero fee if not more, this is a club which spent £90m on Antony,£60 million on Mount, £79 Million on Holjund, £50 million on onana.

They should be paying alot more for gomes than £40M if he needs to go let's hope he has the game of his life against England and attracts the interest of City, PSG etc.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd argue we should be looking for at least casimero fee if not more, this is a club which spent £90m on Antony,£60 million on Mount, £79 Million on Holjund, £50 million on onana.

They should be paying alot more for gomes than £40M if he needs to go let's hope he has the game of his life against England and attracts the interest of City, PSG etc.
PSG is probably a great shout with Mendes on hand… I wouldn’t worry too much. We know he will leave but only if the right offer comes. His agents desperately want to get him to a bigger club so they make more money. Unfortunately the South Americans agents are major mercenaries.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t you just love what football has become? Discussions about book values and profits - the beautiful game :hearteyes:
Absolutely horrible isn’t it. Wish they’d just bin off FFP to be honest, it only benefits the “big six”.

If a club goes bankrupt from overspending that’s on their own mismanagement. Why force others to suffer?

Is there any other industry in the world that regulates spending in such a way that allows certain companies to monopolise with competition effectively banned?

Back
Top Bottom