Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Oh Adama Traore!

Keep or sell?

• Keep

Votes: 143 45.0%
  • Sell

Votes: 175 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's taken part in 4 matches for zero goals and zero assists.
At the end of the season provided he stays at Fulham, we'll know if we would have missed him or not.

Letting him go is proving to be as big of a mistake as letting MGW go.

Traore this season has the same goals and only one less assist than MGW and has played less games yet we let him go for almost £40m less!!!

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no Adama Traore is back fully fit and scoring goals for Fulham now and he's raring to go Saturday..
Is he going to rip us apart Saturday afternoon like he did against Man City, Liverpool etc etc etc for us in those great games with Raul..

Thankfully I don't think Raul will be fit for this game?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I love Adama, that game at City was one of the all time masterclasses of Nuno and Adama's finishes meant we got our just reward. I'll happily clap him onto the pitch at 75 minutes when we're 2-0 up and there's no space in behind our defence.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh no Adama Traore is back fully fit and scoring goals for Fulham now and he's raring to go Saturday..
Is he going to rip us apart Saturday afternoon like he did against Man City, Liverpool etc etc etc for us in those great games with Raul..

Thankfully I don't think Raul will be fit for this game?
Muniz the big danger for me. Adama may start on the bench as he has the last couple, but Muniz is scoring in Raul's absence. Fast and strong. 6 goals and 1 assist at nearly a goal every two matches.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Adama vs RAN could be an interesting battle. Both have pace and skill in abundance, but poor decision making. Assuming Adama is on that side. On the other side, on current form, would imagine Semedo would be able to match him.
I agree re Semedo Vs Adama but some bright sparks want to rest him and play Doc. That scares the hell out of me....

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Adama vs RAN could be an interesting battle. Both have pace and skill in abundance, but poor decision making. Assuming Adama is on that side. On the other side, on current form, would imagine Semedo would be able to match him.

RAN does not have poor decision making... how the hell have you come to that conclusion? He just doesn't have perfect execution all the time, like all (especially young) players.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ll get a good reception, and rightly so, but how many times did they connect for a goal, as in one assisting the other, outside of that six month period from the start of the second season to the COVID shutdown? I don’t think they ever did following the restart.
So cue a great combined goal from them tomorrow :) , I don’t actually mind as long as we win.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He won’t start I wouldn’t have thought. He’ll no doubt score as it’s always the way but hopefully it’ll be a consolation goal in a 3-1 victory

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If you consider Adama’s stats, you’ll realize that he’s not likely to score…..or even get an assist.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes enjoying a football match / player is about more than goals and assists.

I loved watching him play and there was a genuine excitement every time he got the ball. That season with him and Raul at their best was electric.

Wish him nothing but the best, apart from tomorrow of course.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sometimes enjoying a football match / player is about more than goals and assists.

I loved watching him play and there was a genuine excitement every time he got the ball. That season with him and Raul at their best was electric.

Wish him nothing but the best, apart from tomorrow of course.
That’s always been my feeling on him. I’ve said on many occasions that on his day (unfortunately not regularly enough) he was the most exciting player I’ve seen in a wolves shirt in 40 years.

He’s a nice lad with it. Met him twice, bizarrely once was in the kebab shop by the hogs head after a game (I’d had a few and literally walked into him as I was leaving and he was entering, was like walking into a wall. Can’t remember the game but he’d come on and had a great 20 mins. Was really humble and quiet). Saw him about 12 months after walking round Primark up Merry Hill with his family. I was with my daughter who was 14 at the time and mad wolves so politely approached him for a photo. He insisted on getting his relation (younger brother?) to take it so me and my daughter could be in the shot together.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't really care if he has a blinder tomorrow or not. A pretty worthless player more often than not and we made a giant mistake not cashing in when his value was high. The only shock here is that people on here are still making that mistake regarding other players like Hwang and Kilman. When the value is higher than it should be we have to cash in, simple as that.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RAN does not have poor decision making... how the hell have you come to that conclusion? He just doesn't have perfect execution all the time, like all (especially young) players.

From watching him. And his lack of end product. When he has acres of space, he repeatedly stops. When there's three defenders, he runs straight at them. Clear shot at goal, he decides to pass to someone. Bad decisions. Nobody in the box, he crosses. Three people waiting for the cross, he does that thing where he puts his foot on the ball, stops dead and does a harmless pass back. His awareness of what's going on around him has improved, but it's still below average at this level and means he's less effective than he could/should be.

I guess all his flashy flicks mean that some don't notice that nothing ever comes of them. He's Adama-lite in terms of talent and end product!

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From watching him. And his lack of end product. When he has acres of space, he repeatedly stops. When there's three defenders, he runs straight at them. Clear shot at goal, he decides to pass to someone. Bad decisions. Nobody in the box, he crosses. Three people waiting for the cross, he does that thing where he puts his foot on the ball, stops dead and does a harmless pass back. His awareness of what's going on around him has improved, but it's still below average at this level and means he's less effective than he could/should be.

I guess all his flashy flicks mean that some don't notice that nothing ever comes of them. He's Adama-lite in terms of talent and end product!
Tbf you said they’d make an interesting battle, so that would presume you meant about his defensive qualities to stop Adama. Defensively he’s come on a lot.

I don’t think you can compare their attacking prowess when one was predominantly played as a wide forward and the other a wing back. It’s as relevant as saying Semedo doesn’t attack as well as Neto.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't really care if he has a blinder tomorrow or not. A pretty worthless player more often than not and we made a giant mistake not cashing in when his value was high. The only shock here is that people on here are still making that mistake regarding other players like Hwang and Kilman. When the value is higher than it should be we have to cash in, simple as that.
I wasn’t his biggest fan (purely because he lacked any sort of consistency) but to say he was a worthless player is incredibly harsh. He didn’t get the goals or assists he should have but he created huge amounts of space for others because as soon as he got the ball 3 opposition players would have to go to him.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn’t his biggest fan (purely because he lacked any sort of consistency) but to say he was a worthless player is incredibly harsh. He didn’t get the goals or assists he should have but he created huge amounts of space for others because as soon as he got the ball 3 opposition players would have to go to him.

And thanks to that space we averaged a goal a game. How we miss him.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I'd like to see what RANs top speed is, I think he lacks the blistering pace that would make him magnificent.

Lobo de Ouro

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Absolute ****ing nonsense.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I never really associated RAN with pace
I think he’s one of those players who is quicker than he looks. Rarely seems to get beat 1 v 1 for pace. I think his laid back attitude makes him look slower than he is.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m glad it’s not just me!

I've never seen a player ignore as many opportunities to a) take a clear shot and b) make a killer pass. He's done the hard work to get in those positions, then his brain just switches off. Does remind me of Adama!

Muscat

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a class player but has to improve his output. I've seen quite a few people on Twitter - our fans admittedly - saying he's the best left-back in the league but that's a ludicrous claim when he has 2 assists in 23 games.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Ait-Nouri and naturally was disagreeing with Contrarian's points, but 3 goals and 4 assists in 88 Premier League games is poor for a wing-back.

Even this season in the more attacking Wolves, he only has 1 assist in 23 games.

Something he must improve to get to the next level.

Back
Top Bottom