Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes. There’s a bloke at the back. I’d swear that he works in Bob Carolgees candle shop in Cheshire.

Sammy Chungs Tracksuit

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in the North bank that night
Heartbreaking, don’t think I spoke to anyone for a week after that
I was in the North Bank the night we played Liverpool in 1976 losing 1-3 and getting relegated with their 3 goals in the last 15 minutes. Pretty sure Steve Kindon put us 1-0 up on around 10 minutes or so. All goals at the South Bank end. Literally packed in like sardines. No idea how nobody died at Molineux that night.

Our May relegation wasnt the only heartbreak in that 75-76 season. A few weeks earlier we lost 2-3 AET to Man Utd in a packed Molineux midweek FA Cup Quarter final replay. That time we were 2-0 up after about 10 minutes and looked sure to be heading into a semi final with Derby. That night Kindon and Richards scored our early goals (I think) also at the South Bank end before Man Utd slowly clawed it all back. I think we were set to play Derby in the cup semi final. Man Utd went on to lose 0-1 in the final to 2nd Division Southampton. What might have been!

Unrelated but our game at Newcastle this coming Saturday is exactly 50 years to the day after we beat Man City 2-1 to win the 1974 League Cup Final. Those Were The Days!

Last edited:

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pressman’s penalty still one of the best I’ve ever seen power wise.

Up there with Chloe Kelly’s and some of Shearer’s.

Agreed, and sorry to go off thread, but do you remember Francis Lee and his penalty kicks. He had a run up a fast bowler would have been proud of and kicked the ball as hard as he could. As I recall, he usually scored as well.

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed, and sorry to go off thread, but do you remember Francis Lee and his penalty kicks. He had a run up a fast bowler would have been proud of and kicked the ball as hard as he could. As I recall, he usually scored as well.
Didn't Geoff Palmer have the same technique? Run up from the halfway line and **** it as hard as he could in the general direction of the goal. seem to remember him putting one over the top of the North Bank once against Spurs unless my memory fails me?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't Geoff Palmer have the same technique? Run up from the halfway line and **** it as hard as he could in the general direction of the goal. seem to remember him putting one over the top of the North Bank once against Spurs unless my memory fails me?

Yes ‚‘Zico’ had the same technique. Though wasn’t it Waggy who put a penalty over the north bank? I’m not sure though.

Back
Top Bottom