Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 244 66.1%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 27 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 31 8.4%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 51 13.8%
  • Other

Votes: 16 4.3%

• Total voters

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
He signed an extension before he went to Anderlecht, so his amortisation will have dropped slightly but he'll still have a book value somewhere around £11m at the end of this season
At least that's the sort of level we might be able to shift him out without taking a hit on the accounts.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I work with a number of Rangers season ticket holders up here and they like him and would want to keep him.

I thought this would be a good move for him but on reflection I don't think it is.

Rangers is a massive club, partizan, fanatical support akin to Liverpool. I am not sure being under the microscope as much as he is. is nesessarily what he needed.

Some of the comments on here, are frankly pathetic. How do you know how a player has done unless you watch yourself? Guess that doesn't suit the agendas of the usual suspects.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I work with a number of Rangers season ticket holders up here and they like him and would want to keep him.

I thought this would be a good move for him but on reflection I don't think it is.

Rangers is a massive club, partizan, fanatical support akin to Liverpool. I am not sure being under the microscope as much as he is. is nesessarily what he needed.

Some of the comments on here, are frankly pathetic. How do you know how a player has done unless you watch yourself? Guess that doesn't suit the agendas of the usual suspects.

Hardly fair of people to speak about his loan if they aren’t watching it with your own eyes….

There is a player in there! We just need something to click.

Also people seem to forget, the development plan for him was blown to pieces and he was thrust front line long before he was ready.

I do feel sorry for him, as his development has been stifled….

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kept out of the team by a 20 year old player from Northern Ireland who got injured on 35 minutes. Silva played the rest of the game and was rubbish.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm the Celtic side of the Celtic/Rangers but you can't listen to either set of supporters when it comes to their players.

Fabio was the best player in Scotland a few weeks ago, now he's useless. If he scores the winner next week then they'll want a statue of him.

It's the fiercest city in the world I would argue when it comes to football, and I can't believe we sent Silva there.

If he did well, it would be dismissed. If he fails, what next?

So I didn't see the point and I still don't. Playing for Celtic and Rangers is genuinely up there with the most pressurised clubs in the world. At Man United you can finish second and be a hero, same at Liverpool, even Barcelona now. If either of those finish second, the players are a disgrace and probably attacked. It's unique.

I really don't know what we expected from this. Reading between the lines, the chap who brought him to PSV moved to Rangers and we decided to send him there again. It was a daft move.
for once you have my complete agreement. I love Glasgow but it is mental. I pick my days to go there carefully.

First thing I get asked every time here is "Whose your team pal" and when I reply Wolves, I get a smile with, "yep but whose your team...." I just smile and name the local junior football team ie non league. Not worth it.

No one from Rangers will be able to show their face in the city tonight.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
for once you have my complete agreement. I love Glasgow but it is mental. I pick my days to go there carefully.

First thing I get asked every time here is "Whose your team pal" and when I reply Wolves, I get a smile with, "yep but whose your team...." I just smile and name the local junior football team ie non league. Not worth it.

No one from Rangers will be able to show their face in the city tonight.

Tragic isn’t it……. That rivalry is just so ingrained in visceral hatred and sectarianism……

A question that is just so loaded!

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Tragic isn’t it……. That rivalry is just so ingrained in visceral hatred and sectarianism……

A question that is just so loaded!
I've mentioned it before on here, I moved up during Covid and live 20 miles or so West of Edinburgh, with an EH postcode.

When Rangers won the league, 55 got spray painted everywhere, curbs got sprayed red blue and white, and I am 30 miles or so from Glasgow....

You can tell certain pubs to avoid in Glasgow with my accent.

Love the passion, hate the bigotry.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Silva we simply we have to whatever we can to best mitigate spending £35 million on the bloke. If that's another loan and then another after that then so be it. Perhaps he comes good somewhere and we make some or all of the money back somehow. I wouldn't put big money down on it though?

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Silva we simply we have to whatever we can to best mitigate spending £35 million on the bloke. If that's another loan and then another after that then so be it. Perhaps he comes good somewhere and we make some or all of the money back somehow. I wouldn't put big money down on it though?
Personally I think he would be useful here right now.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think he would be useful here right now.
If he has 2 functioning hamstrings that would be a tick in the up column tbf, but tbh for me he looks miles off being good enough for this league. I'm not sure he'd actually make all that much difference? The issue was not bringing in someone to replace him and Sasa. No excuses in the summer, the depth and overall quality of the squad needs improving. Don't think Silva impacts that much other than being an extra body?

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kept out of the team by a 20 year old player from Northern Ireland who got injured on 35 minutes. Silva played the rest of the game and was rubbish.
The manager constantly rotates his forwards from game to game so he was hardly “kept out of the team”

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio has the talent of a No 10, like Andy Keogh. Would GON want a No 10? I doubt it, yet Fabio can play further back and in the channels, but GON likes forwards that stay pretty central, though Cunha and Hwang do go to the channels at time when we are fluid, which confuses defenders.

Silva may learn to be an understudy at that and make the runs that create good chances. I really don't know.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio is more mobile than Hwang and is no worse than Channy when playing back to goal

Hibbywolf

Reaction score
I've mentioned it before on here, I moved up during Covid and live 20 miles or so West of Edinburgh, with an EH postcode.

When Rangers won the league, 55 got spray painted everywhere, curbs got sprayed red blue and white, and I am 30 miles or so from Glasgow....

You can tell certain pubs to avoid in Glasgow with my accent.

Love the passion, hate the bigotry.
Where do you stay NWW. I'm East Calder

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva starts for Rangers v Benfica tonight it'll be interesting to see how he does against his former club.

8.pm kick off on TNT Sports1

Last edited:

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
looks great, if he was playing for Benfica in Europe somebody would offer 35 mill for a 21yr old based on potential ;-)

Back
Top Bottom