Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Hwang

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang being out for 6 weeks is massive with Cunha still missing.

PL club and we don't have a fit senior CF.

Get why we didn't buy in January but it's going to leave us seriously struggling now until one of the two are back.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is a forum. You posting highly contentious assertions as fact absolutely should be challenged. Expecting that to be otherwise is naive or childlike.
What wasn’t fact?
In comparison to your post, in my corner, I have current reality as a measure of how factual I am.
Safe from ffp sanctions, safe in the Premier League.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
How’s that, because I don’t believe Jeff is the worst CEO in football history? He’s not even the worst CEO in our history.
He's not even the worst out of the last two!

He did well, then appointed Sellars - huge mistake, then appointed Hobbs - huge mistake corrected.

The mistakes of the previous two seasons have been done to death, Shi's still here so let's just hope he continues his current good run!

Urko

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Get why we didn't buy in January but it's going to leave us seriously struggling now until one of the two are back.
We could have structured a deal, so that they didn’t appear until the following seasons accounts.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How’s that, because I don’t believe Jeff is the worst CEO in football history? He’s not even the worst CEO in our history.
I am horribly sad, because l loved him as a player, to suggest that John Richards must be up there for that title.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we didn’t need to sign a striker as we scored more goals than last season.:rolleyes:
It's not to do with whether we have signed a striker or not, we havent got a pot to **** in
While I accept he ****ed up at some point, he's also resided over our most successful period in decades.
The benefit of hindsight is a wonderful thing.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have structured a deal, so that they didn’t appear until the following seasons accounts.
Do you think we didn't try to do this?
How can you structure a loan fee into the following year's accounts? You can only do what the selling club let you.
I'm frustrated we didn't get one more in, but seeing the financial situation I more than understand why.
Perhaps the incessant moaning from some about always signing players will now subside as it got us into such difficulty. You know this won't happen though and the very same people criticising Shi for overspending will be the ones moaning about NOT signing enough too. The irony is staggering.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm 100% convinced Neto is struggling as well. I saw him pull up in the United game and he asked to come off, which O'Neill said he asked him to stay on. He pulled up against towards the end of the Brighton game twice and he didnt look like he was opening up full when he was sprinting as well. Its not out of the question now to think we are losing all our best attackers.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think we didn't try to do this?
How can you structure a loan fee into the following year's accounts? You can only do what the selling club let you.
I'm frustrated we didn't get one more in, but seeing the financial situation I more than understand why.
Perhaps the incessant moaning from some about always signing players will now subside as it got us into such difficulty. You know this won't happen though and the very same people criticising Shi for overspending will be the ones moaning about NOT signing enough too. The irony is staggering.

It was inept management by Shi to let us get into such a poor financial position to begin with. It should never have happened and from a couple of things i have heard now promises have now been made to a couple of managers that the club pretty much knew they couldn't keep.

We simply signed the wrong personalities rather than the wrong players. Guedes for example is exactly the profile of forward we are looking for. He can play wide, he can play centrally and he has an impressive rate of goal contributions in one of the best leagues anywhere in the world. He took way too much persuading to come here, so we should have just left it. same as Nunes. I dont think we look at the character of the players as well as the ability.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not clear at all. Indeed it is rather hopelessly confused, as it is determined to cast wolves in a bad light.

Odd that you should refer to it as a source of authority.
The analysis is clearer there than in other articles. How looking at figures and explaining them can be interpreted as "determined to cast" anything is beyond me. The BBC is not what it was but I am unaware of an anti Wolves agenda. So no, not odd.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The analysis is clearer there than in other articles. How looking at figures and explaining them can be interpreted as "determined to cast" anything is beyond me. The BBC is not what it was but I am unaware of an anti Wolves agenda. So no, not odd.
Wolves passed the test for FFP limitsj for the period 19/20 to 22/23 back in January, these recent figures only concern, to a limited extent, by what margins.

This is not made clear in the article.

Nor is the most important detail, that Wolves are significantly in profit this season, due to sales and reduction of squad. This last figure is what allows the club to invest this season, and which they failed to do in January.

The article presents the club as treading on the finest of margins and being highly restricted in possible spending.

When the opposite is the case.

Its typical lazy, uninformed journalism. Rather than understand the figures properly, the journalist just peddles the
expected narrative.

As I said, very interesting that you quote it as some kind of authority.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its noticeable that those who defended the club's scandalous lack of action in the transfer window
have suddenly taken a holiday from this forum.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its noticeable that those who defended the club's scandalous lack of action in the transfer window
Or maybe those you refer to are moving on……..no point in going over the same thing now that it’s March.
We all know how the last window panned out.

However, look on the bright side.
Basically safe from relegation.
Last couple of seasons we all wanted a decent cup run. We’re getting that.
And we all hoped to get into Europe again…….we just might do that.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or maybe those you refer to are moving on……..no point in going over the same thing now that it’s March.

Dont think there is any "moving on", as you put it.

For whatever reason, several contributors peddled an erroneous view about Wolves finances.

And now what to discretely forget that.

You're right, still an exciting season. But the odds are now heavily stacked against us, because of Fosun's decisions.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dont think there is any "moving on", as you put it.

For whatever reason, several contributors peddled an erroneous view about Wolves finances.

And now what to discretely forget that.

You're right, still an exciting season. But the odds are now heavily stacked against us, because of Fosun's decisions.
Ok.
That haven’t and won’t get every decision right.
And Fosun most likely have a different agenda/goals/plans than us fans do.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

We’ll be playing premier league football next season that’s good enough for me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He might be back for the Arsenal game depends how his recovery goes. If it’s 6 weeks we need to be careful

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I still agree with our stance in the January transfer window but I'm not always on here 24/7. After a loss, I normally post on the verdict thread to get it out of my system and then spend a lot less time here over the next few days than I would after a win. I tend to stay away from football in general for a few days, I have a few reasons for that, defeats are painful so I don't want to spend my time lingering on it in the forum, and secondly, i know that knee jerkers and doom merchants will be back out in force. Everyone is entitled to their opinion so best just to let them get on with it. It's their time to shine. Debating is pointless with some posters, so let them fill their boots and not have to read most of it. Fortunately, poor performances and defeats have been few and far between in recent times.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’ll be playing premier league football next season that’s good enough for me.
That most certainly should be the case, and with that in mind I'd be resting as many of our first team players as possible against Fulham in readiness for Coventry a week later.
No use taking chances if as you say we're safe.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"Scandalous"? Really? Disappointing, perhaps. But 80% of fans are probably disappointed by their transfer window. I know it's just a forum and things don't always come out how we meant, but "scandalous" doesn't seem the right description.

wolvesjoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"Scandalous"? Really? Disappointing, perhaps. But 80% of fans are probably disappointed by their transfer window. I know it's just a forum and things don't always come out how we meant, but "scandalous" doesn't seem the right description.
Given how infrequently a chance at the top 6 and a cup final come along, and how transformative that would be for the club,
then scandalous seems on the mild side.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given how infrequently a chance at the top 6 and a cup final come along, and how transformative that would be for the club,
then scandalous seems on the mild side.

I don't think we ever had a realistic chance at top 6 this season. And during the last transfer window, it was still some way off the final. As we still are. We are more than one player away from all that. The Sky 6 have longer injury lists than us. It's just they have deep second teams to fill in. We don't because we don't have anything like their money.

It's not like plenty of other clubs haven't though "hey, let's spend loads and get in the top 6". Most of them hit financial crises as a result. The other one is Manchester City.

A Panoroma documentary on the scandal of Wolves Winter Window woule be a fascinating watch!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we ever had a realistic chance at top 6 this season. And during the last transfer window, it was still some way off the final. As we still are. We are more than one player away from all that. The Sky 6 have longer injury lists than us. It's just they have deep second teams to fill in. We don't because we don't have anything like their money.

It's not like plenty of other clubs haven't though "hey, let's spend loads and get in the top 6". Most of them hit financial crises as a result. The other one is Manchester City.

A Panoroma documentary on the scandal of Wolves Winter Window woule be a fascinating watch!
In an ideal world if we could have fielded our full strength side, looking at the table tonight I think 6th would not have been out of the question tbh; with the injuries and the Cup run it is now.
I know I'm going to get shot down (what's new!) but Hwang without goals is a pretty average player tbh; add injuries to this and he becomes a player I'd sell if the right offer came along in the summer. We'd then need 2 x no 9s, but his money would hopefully pay for one. An Ivan Toney type striker playing alongside/in front of Cunha is mouth-watering.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In an ideal world if we could have fielded our full strength side, looking at the table tonight I think 6th would not have been out of the question tbh; with the injuries and the Cup run it is now.
Yes, but other teams are also not fielding their full strength sides. In a perfect world, we are full strength, but every other team is crippled by injuries! Then we would have a chance, but that isn't a realistic scenario.

I know I'm going to get shot down (what's new!) but Hwang without goals is a pretty average player tbh; add injuries to this and he becomes a player I'd sell if the right offer came along in the summer. We'd then need 2 x no 9s, but his money would hopefully pay for one. An Ivan Toney type striker playing alongside/in front of Cunha is mouth-watering.

I agree, but goals are the currency of the game. At his best, he is a high quality, composed finisher at this level. To replace that, we would need to either spend a fortune or be incredibly lucky. We've spent loads on strikers already, came up trumps with Raul, but failed with every other attempt.

Over time, I've just taken the attitude that if a player does nothing but crop up and score goals - then sign him up and get him playing! Yes, there are lots of other factors in the game, but the most important is scoring goals. And we see so many players who rattle them in at Championship level, yet can't score more than 4 or 5 in this league.

Injuries are a fact of life. And part of the reason the Sky 6 dominate is because they are the ones who can afford strength in depth. The rest of the league all tend to have noticable drops in form when one or two key players get injured, and they invariably do. It does seem that Hwang is injury prone though.

Back
Top Bottom