Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top 6 or FA Cup ?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But loose one in the cup and it’s all over
Plus we run the risk of total humiliation like Watford did with City in the final…..what was it 6-0?

Although I doubt we’d concede 6 .

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
But loose one in the cup and it’s all over

True. It’s a strange one. This week I’d rather beat Newcastle than Brighton, but I’d rather not lose to Brighton than not lose to Newcastle. It’s weird!

Lisas Husband

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Win the FA Cup. Even if we do ship 6 goals, we'll score 7 because it's WINNING the cup or top 6.

Yup, win the cup and then I can stew myself in gallons of ale, probably filtered through my kidneys.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Imagine this thread back in September!

All the credit in the world goes to GON that neither option is in any way unrealistic at this advanced stage of the season

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Imagine this thread back in September!

All the credit in the world goes to GON that neither option is in any way unrealistic at this advanced stage of the season
Imagine it after we’d lost to West Ham at Xmas time! We were going to get dragged into a relegation scrap, GO’N had lost the dressing room etc.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would anyone choose finishing 6th over winning the cup?

An individual round of games, like “would you rather beat Brighton or Newcastle?” I could understand as a question, but not if your putting on the table actually winning the cup.

I’d rather WIN the cup than finish 2nd in the league, let alone 6th.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FA Cup 100 percent.
Our finances wouldn´t cope with UEFA rules anyways.

Reaction score
FA Cup all day long!

That's why I can't believe the number of people saying rest certain players tomorrow night. We need to go as strong as possible to try to get through and worry about Newcastle after that. Tomorrow night is a massive game IMO

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fa cup!

One of games where anything can happen….

A recent piece of major silverware would shut up the Tesco’s and villains….

Although me reminding them they never won the championship to come up, yet we did, and at a canter WITH THEM IN IT always shuts them up……

but to have the FA cup to, with a win over the boggies on that run would be magical!!!

Think of the fact forever they would need to remember the fact they lost to us on that run to the cup…..

if carlsberg did FA cup victories….

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why would anyone choose finishing 6th over winning the cup?

An individual round of games, like “would you rather beat Brighton or Newcastle?” I could understand as a question, but not if your putting on the table actually winning the cup.

I’d rather WIN the cup than finish 2nd in the league, let alone 6th.

You only really remembered trophy winners in a season….

In the words of the wise philosopher Ricky Bobby…..

If you ain’t first, you’re last!!!

Lol

Werewolf of Wombourne

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think of it this way. All of us of a certain age remember the 1980 League Cup final like it was yesterday and there have been several reunions and events getting that team together over the years. But I've yet to attend a '6th place finish in the 1979/80 season' reunion event

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Think of it this way. All of us of a certain age remember the 1980 League Cup final like it was yesterday and there have been several reunions and events getting that team together over the years. But I've yet to attend a '6th place finish in the 1979/80 season' reunion event
Thanks. The reason I asked this question. Cup wins stay with you forever.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Optimistic I know but given the choice which would you prefer. Personally I would love to play and beat Man City in the Final 50 years since we last beat them at Wembley. I've watched Wolves in a European Final against Tottenham and a League Cup final against City. FA Cup would be a dream come true. Be interesting to see what others think.
What trophy do we get for 5th or 6th? Is it bigger than the FA Cup?

Do boys young and old dream about winning it?

Is it known the World over?

Is it held off n the highest regard nationally?

Do people talk of "the magic of the top six"?

I'd rather finish 17th and win the cup than come 5th, even if it meant Champions League.

It's a silly question really.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Almost no chance of Top 6. The Cup is more likely if we get favourable draws. And yes it's silverware. If we got top 6 everybody will have forgotten in a couple of years. They won't forget a Cup win.
Would you rather have a little slap and tickle with Margot Robbie or Beryl the dinner lady from your school days?

BSK: "Ooh I'd have no chance with Margot so I'd play it safe and go for Beryl whose husband died last year and is still rebounding around the village so is more likely"

It's a hypothetical ffs.

Sheffield Wolf

Reaction score
I put £10 on Wolves to finish in the top 6 at 200/1 at the start of the season. I’d take an FA Cup win over £2000 though.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
Leaving Maine Rd after losing to Leeds in the 1973 semi, my Dad said, don’t worry you anre only 15, you’ll go to plenty of FACup finals in the future.
Over 50 years later I’ve been to 5 more semi finals ( including a replay) but still no FA Cup final, time is running out, so no contest, Come on you Wolves get us to a Wembley final!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would you rather have a little slap and tickle with Margot Robbie or Beryl the dinner lady from your school days?

BSK: "Ooh I'd have no chance with Margot so I'd play it safe and go for Beryl whose husband died last year and is still rebounding around the village so is more likely"

It's a hypothetical ffs.
This Beryl, do you have her contact details?

Back
Top Bottom