Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Top 6 or FA Cup ?

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Optimistic I know but given the choice which would you prefer. Personally I would love to play and beat Man City in the Final 50 years since we last beat them at Wembley. I've watched Wolves in a European Final against Tottenham and a League Cup final against City. FA Cup would be a dream come true. Be interesting to see what others think.

The House of Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Some major silverware would be incredible.

I’d take losing every game for the rest of the season (we’re safe now even if we don’t get another point IMO), if it meant getting our hands on the FA Cup. Would be an incredible achievement and our first major honours since 1980?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause we would all like to win the cup.....but it's only round 5 on Wednesday.....way to early to talk like this......I hope everybody is going on Wednesday if they want to win the cup....cause judging by the take up from season ticket holders it doesn't look a priority.........

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Honestly would wonder about anyone who would take 6th over a Cup win. I mean it's basically Europa League either way so there's not even that to take into account. If we could make CL (no chance of that, so only really talking about 6th) then I guess I'd have to stop and think a few seconds before deciding it's still the FA Cup.

The odds of Top 6 and FA Cup are both around 30/1 currently btw.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
We need to win 4 games to win the FA Cup. Probably need to win 8/9 to finish 6th.

Justawolf

Reaction score
Beat Newcastle on Saturday and manure lose to city we would be 3points off top 6. Get through on Wednesday against a faltering Brighton and avoid citeh/Liverpool in the draw. Dare to dream. If only one was the option cup all day long for me.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Although either cup win and a 6th. would be very difficult, I think the latter is a better possibility.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Both.

As the critically acclaimed S-Club 7 suggested: Reach for the Stars.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d like to see us win something again so cup. Though top 6 and European football might help us keep some players and attract others ( assuming we have funds to buy). Are we guaranteed Europe place with a cup win too, or does it depend on other results ? Finishing positions ?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It has to be the FA Cup for me, I have suffered 5 Semi Final defeats in my 50 plus years as a fan. While I want to get past that stage, if we do I want to win it............ Obviously !!!

I would love to see headlines like

Wolves make Klopp howl as Liverpool lose his last game

Sir Jim Radcliffe demands tax payers reimburse United after Wembley whacking

Pep Si's Max dreams of back to back treble's ended

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Getting a bit late in the day for me now so to see us back at Wembley for one last time would be fantastic
Unlikely given the teams to come, but its only 4 games and on our day we can beat anyone even City
Lets get past Brighton first and then we can all start dreaming

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cup for me just wish it had the same importance as it used to have
It does. Don’t believe the Sky led media *******s. To ALL fans it’s just as important. Crikey, Wembley was chocka for the League Cup. No one can tell me those fans desire isn’t increased by the FA Cup.
I have friends who support top six, as do we all, and to listen to them in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds, you’d think they were playing for an old and chipped ceramic cup from my aunties lounge bureau. 6th, 1/4s, semis and Final, it’s like someone has rolled up the whole of Christmas magic, and placed it in a football trophy.

Oldskooldayz

Groupie
Reaction score
Has to be the cup, to actually win a major competition would be an amazing thing and weirdly it's definitely easier than getting into the top 6

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not won major honours in my lifetime, so has to be cup.
Saint Nuno crossed off European competition for me though.

Back
Top Bottom