Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Matheus Cunha

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 10, how thrilling has his injury been for you for that sweet chance to go 'I told you so'.

Jibes aside, I'm sorry, but all they do is try? You do realise you can have money, try and the deal not come off. I could have £50 but that isn't going to buy me a £100 meal.

Talk down? Why do you persist on the same points regardless, the same people, doom and gloom ready to go.

It's your opinion, great, best thing about them, they're like ********s in that everyone has one, just varying amounts of **** comes out of them.
Yes, you constantly talk down to people as if they are stupid because they don’t share the same opinion as you. You also persist on the same points regardless, you’re doing the exact same thing but with a different opinion.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, you constantly talk down to people as if they are stupid because they don’t share the same opinion as you. You also persist on the same points regardless, you’re doing the exact same thing but with a different opinion.
But the correct one, duh.

*pats head*

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
This season was always about staying above the dotted line at the bottom of the table. We are in a great position to do that. Made harder now Cuhna is out but that was the target with or without him last summer and in January. Survive this season, Jeff said it pretty much, Hobbs said it pretty much, GON said it pretty much. Gutting for the player and us as he was in form but for me we were always looking over our shoulder than at the team above us anyway. This just makes getting those points we need a bit harder.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do you think they would be better cover than an 18 year old Fraser who has a couple of senior game experience?

To me the answer is a pretty obvious yes!

Cover for Cunha? Neither could remotely play the role of Cunha. Man, you could argue Doc would do better than either of them in that role tbh :tearsofjoy:

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not everything is a conspiracy.
Nope, just old-fashioned, mundane incompetence once more. Even our manager has no clue if it's FFP or the club, because nobody is communicating with him.
Jeff can reserve a 1m option on an academy kid, but turns out empty pockets for a modest loan fee in a senior squad position of serious need...

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang, Neto, Sarabia, Bellgarde, Fraser

And the very worse Nouri if we were really in need for a attacking option.

That's enough for the standard we could of wasted dollar on in Jan

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cover for Cunha? Neither could remotely play the role of Cunha. Man, you could argue Doc would do better than either of them in that role tbh :tearsofjoy:
You won't replace Cunha role as he is unique but what you can do is have different forwards and we are well short!

Fraser coming on against Brentford when we needed goals proves that..

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You won't replace Cunha role as he is unique but what you can do is have different forwards and we are well short!

You have to play bellegarde as a 10 driving cam, might see the best of him, like what he did against liverpool

Expect Lemina JR to maybe get minutes by end of season.

You may see ran coming off the wb to drive forward as well through midfield ala, trent A-A

Id revert a 3 man midfield

and play 3-5-1-2

Neto and hwang

bellegarde, (sarabia)
lemina, gomes,

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nope, just old-fashioned, mundane incompetence once more. Even our manager has no clue if it's FFP or the club, because nobody is communicating with him.
Jeff can reserve a 1m option on an academy kid, but turns out empty pockets for a modest loan fee in a senior squad position of serious need...
You'll be hard pushed for me to like or defend Fosun, but I'll give enough trust to not waste funds when we've had a 'cut our cloth' season in which the objective was to simply stay in the league, which is all but done.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You have to play bellegarde as a 10 driving cam, might see the best of him, like what he did against liverpool

Expect Lemina JR to maybe get minutes by end of season
With the greatest respect to him I haven't seen much to suggest Bellegarde can play as a forward...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not sure why Fraser coming on is being used as a stick to beat him with, he performed perfectly fine and we were better in the second half with him central.

The whole team were tragic.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Literally the Wolvesiest thing to ever happen ever.

We could be top of the league, 15 points clear with a game to go and the engraver as far along as ‘Wolverham’ and we’d find a way to **** it up.

I swear we are ****ing cursed.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang, Neto, Sarabia, Bellgarde, Fraser

And the very worse Nouri if we were really in need for a attacking option.

That's enough for the standard we could of wasted dollar on in Jan
All lethal in front of goal... Oh, wait....

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On a scale of 1 to 10, how thrilling has his injury been for you for that sweet chance to go 'I told you so'.

Jibes aside, I'm sorry, but all they do is try? You do realise you can have money, try and the deal not come off. I could have £50 but that isn't going to buy me a £100 meal.

Talk down? Why do you persist on the same points regardless, the same people, doom and gloom ready to go.

It's your opinion, great, best thing about them, they're like ********s in that everyone has one, just varying amounts of **** comes out of them.
There's no thrill whatsoever at predicting something so obvious.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Literally the Wolvesiest thing to ever happen ever.

We could be top of the league, 15 points clear with a game to go and the engraver as far along as ‘Wolverham’ and we’d find a way to **** it up.

I swear we are ****ing cursed.
Remind me again, what have we now ****ed up?

Starsky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There'll always be gambles when you're run on a shoestring.

This is one that has backfired. Won't be the last.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure why Fraser coming on is being used as a stick to beat him with, he performed perfectly fine and we were better in the second half with him central.

The whole team were tragic.
Come off it... How am I using it as a stick to beat him with? He has a couple of senior first team football and only 18 he needed to go on loan and get some experience it is unfair to expect anything from him at this level so early in his career!

I want nothing more than him to do well but a Premier League club should have more options and shouldn't stop his progression because we don't have options...

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come off it... How am I using it as a stick to beat him with? He has a couple of senior first team football and only 18 he needed to go on loan and get some experience it is unfair to expect anything from him at this level so early in his career!

I want nothing more than him to do well but a Premier League club should have more options and shouldn't stop his progression because we don't have options...
You've all but wrote him off as being able to contribute before he's even had a chance to do so.

The same people that moan about Fraser playing, will then moan that the academy doesn't produce anyone, will then moan about how we sold a player that didn't get a chance here and is now flourishing. It's a non win scenario.

I said at the time and still stick by it. Our mission for this season is all but done, so if there is a chance to try and build players into the team from the youth systems, to get used to the senior players and how GON wants us to play, this is the time.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no sympathy for the club but obviously every sympathy for Cunha who has been fantastic. Equally I have as much sympathy for Gary O'Neill.

The club has known for 7, 8, is it even 9 windows now? We desperately require(d) centre forward additions.

It is genuinely to the point now of being funny that they have not addressed it.

I am actually starting to think it is all just one big wind up from Jeff. We didn't take to his generational ego trip talent, so he won't back anyone else. And yes, I realise how ridiculous of a suggestion that is, but certainly no more ridiculous than us not having signed a centre forward, again.

In fairness to the club, 8 windows goes back to Summer 2020.

Since then, we have signed....

Fabio Silva
Willian Jose
Hwang
Guedes
Kalajdzic
Diego Costa
Cunha

We've basically tried....

Young wonderkid (Fabio)
Short term loan (Jose)
Wide player that might convert to a decent centre forward (Hwang, Cunha and Guedes)
Tall target man (Kalajdzic)
Short term stop gap (Costa)

A few have worked, a few haven't. Major successes are Cunha and Hwang, albeit they took time to find their feet.

Not one has come close to being a prime Raul type centre forward. But we did pay £30m+ for Raul, so I think that has to be the minimum going rate for a top quality centre forward.

One thing the club has done differently this season is sign a lot of young centre forwards either on frees or for undisclosed fees. Ballard-Mathews from Watford, Jashayde Greenwood from Cardiff, Dani Angel from Clapton and Fletcher Holman from Eastbourne. Probably trying to throw a lot of mud at the wall in the hope some of it sticks!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All lethal in front of goal... Oh, wait....

Yeah the ones who've contributing to one of best free flowing football since the stone age.

Who are the other lethal striker forces in the league at our level anyway?

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, debating this very point. It was obvious as soon as O'Neil said Cunha had a hamstring injury that he would be out for a while. If he was out for a while, our disastrous January window had proven costly.
Why do you keep saying disastrous? What has it cost us?

As was said, things didn't work out, that's football at a club run on a shoestring.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In fairness to the club, 8 windows goes back to Summer 2020.

Since then, we have signed....

Fabio Silva
Willian Jose
Hwang
Guedes
Kalajdzic
Diego Costa
Cunha

We've basically tried....

Young wonderkid (Fabio)
Short term loan (Jose)
Wide player that might convert to a decent centre forward (Hwang, Cunha and Guedes)
Tall target man (Kalajdzic)
Short term stop gap (Costa)

A few have worked, a few haven't. Major successes are Cunha and Hwang, albeit they took time to find their feet.

Not one has come close to being a prime Raul type centre forward. But we did pay £30m+ for Raul, so I think that has to be the minimum going rate for a top quality centre forward.

One thing the club has done differently this season is sign a lot of young centre forwards either on frees or for undisclosed fees. Ballard-Mathews from Watford, Jashayde Greenwood from Cardiff, Dani Angel from Clapton and Fletcher Holman from Eastbourne. Probably trying to throw a lot of mud at the wall in the hope some of it sticks!
Most the league is after a number 9, even the team battling for the title (Arsenal) want one.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why do you keep saying disastrous? What has it cost us?

As was said, things didn't work out, that's football at a club run on a shoestring.

I believe it will cost us a genuine shot at 7th place and a chance to reach the FA Cup semi-final minimum, potentially winning it if you get lucky with the draw.

So, quite a lot.

Oh, as outlined by Wicked Wolfie, it will also cost us millions of pounds for prize money. I reckon we drop 3-4 places as a result, so around £8-10m.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disaster , worst news we can have , we needed a proper striker with him fit and its going to really hurt us as was probably on for player of the season.

Good luck with the recovery and our search for some better squad depth than what we have had up top in recent years.

Utter madness letting Sasa and Silva go without another body coming in , set our self up to fail from the off again.

Back
Top Bottom