Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

£45m?!?!

Laughing Out Loud Lol GIF by Minions

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My hope is we know how much Broja is worth TO US - say £20 million and stick to that.

But WWFC must have a plan B for 30th January .

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fair but Silva didn't do that in the prem at 20 not many have
Silva obvs not panned out quite the way we’d have hoped, but in his first season for us at only 18 y/o he got 7 g+a in 11 starts and 15 “full 90s” worth of minutes (G+A every 196 mins)

2EF8D8FE-05FF-486A-9F04-5ACC1E964206.jpeg

Broja at 20 y/o in the same season got 6 g+a with nearly double the starts of Fabio, and around 22 “full 90s” (G+A every 329 mins)

D7A765F3-1240-4EB0-B1EB-37EF95D93DDB.jpeg

Nothing against Broja if that’s who we want, and should we get a reasonable deal like a loan with option then i’d be all for it. On paper though his numbers aren’t exactly something we haven’t seen before from a “young” striker, and his ACL + recent knee issues mean I wouldn’t be paying anywhere near the sort of price Chelsea would ideally want.

Loan with option to buy for £18-25m tops would do me, then see how he gets on and go from there.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Chelsea are happy to do a loan with obligation, then they can’t be particularly in need of the money right now. They may well stick to their valuation and sell in the summer if no one stumps up.
Hope we don’t waste too much time on this in a vain hope the price drops massively.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol Chelsea, they must think the rest of us are as stupid in the transfer market as they are, we're so over that phase (I think!).
Have you not noticed what we paid for dross these past number of years lol

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Clubs have spent less than £40million in this window -so the chances of us buying Broja are zero imo.Compares with over £800 million last January .

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could pretty much name most of the 1st team as a counter to this! All teams make bad buys, our current team is full of pretty awesome buys!

Sa £7m
Kilman £0.2m
Toti £1m
RAN £10m
Neto £10m ish
Chan £14m
Doyle £5m
Lemina £9m

Every single one of them gets sold for a profit tomorrow.

Even the two expensive players, Cunha and Semedo are looking great!
Again, the poster I quoted was basically saying "always trust the team!" My response was that "always trusting" is silly because a team will never always be right. Just like I'll never always be right. Or you always won't be right. If the team was always right, there would be zero discusions on this fourm. It would be a pretty boring place.

I also find it absolutely ****ing hilarious that I'm getting ripped on for this when I was one of what, 5 people here who didn't throw the season away when Gary O'Neil got hired?

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody will pay anywhere near that, move on if they are been stupid.

Chelsea are in dreamland.
Maybe chelsea have to ask that. Remember he is likely to be in the books at a silly value. Admitting he isnt worth that could cause other players values to be questioned. Finances are tight everywhere and if player values fall then FFP will bite everyone hard

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Again, the poster I quoted was basically saying "always trust the team!" My response was that "always trusting" is silly because a team will never always be right. Just like I'll never always be right. Or you always won't be right. If the team was always right, there would be zero discusions on this fourm. It would be a pretty boring place.

I also find it absolutely ****ing hilarious that I'm getting ripped on for this when I was one of what, 5 people here who didn't throw the season away when Gary O'Neil got hired?
Fair enough.

GON isn't the hiring team though, so although he had a small say in this its Matt Hobbs who should be getting the credit. I'll admit I gave GON pelters and have since recanted. I never said a thing about Hobbs though.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the options right now, broja/ings, but both looked priced out, very otuside chance of hugo

and adams looks dead and buried as they wont sell unless above our valuation and we wont pay it with his contract situation

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea are asking £30mil for Lukaku too,surprised hes only 30 seems like hes been around forever
As for Broja i really rated him 2 years back, but his injury has taken a long time to get over and he still seems off his pace pre injury
I agree £25 mil tops at this moment,he could get back to his best and be well worth what they asking but right now no chance

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What are the options right now, broja/ings, but both looked priced out, very otuside chance of hugo

and adams looks dead and buried as they wont sell unless above our valuation and we wont pay it with his contract situation

We've no idea what the options are, and I'd rather they kept their cards close to their chest until the deal is done for whoever it is.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've no idea what the options are, and I'd rather they kept their cards close to their chest until the deal is done for whoever it is.

Best way to be!

Means we don’t get gazzumped or forced to pay more due to an increase in last second interest that simply rumour/enquiries that won’t go anywhere

Reaction score
100% spot on.

I've been saying all window that my information is that it is by no means certain that we do anything at all with regards to a striker and, if we did, it would be very late in the window.
The club are not going to put at risk the long-term strategy for some short-term gain. Any player brought in would have to be with an eye for the future and not just to fill a gap for 4 months.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Non of the options seem particularly right for us, not at the prices quoted.
I’m more and more inclined to think we should just stick with what we have till the summer

1st choice:
Cunha Hwang Neto
2nd choice:
Bellegarde Frasier Sarabia
I don’t think that is the end of the world as options, and certainly doesn’t make me inclined to want the club to gamble money we don’t really have on a player who isn’t right.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m more and more inclined to think we should just stick with what we have till the summer

1st choice:
Cunha Hwang Neto
2nd choice:
I don’t think that is the end of the world as options, and certainly doesn’t make me inclined to want the club to gamble money we don’t really have on a player who isn’t right.

That's not what O'Neill is saying..he is basically saying we can't make effective subs.... although hwang coming back will help

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This paywall crap for a local paper is ridiculous
Yes agree....just saying yes he has chirwera n Fraser but that are not suitable subs at this moment for the likes of Neto etc.....its a come down, in experience etc .....he is confident of us getting someone

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

1st choice:
Cunha Hwang Neto
2nd choice:

It's OK and we could probably manage with that until the end of the season. But a senior option instead of Fraser would be better in my opinion.

He won't play enough here. He needs to go out and play every minute of every game.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea are asking £30mil for Lukaku too,surprised hes only 30 seems like hes been around forever
As for Broja i really rated him 2 years back, but his injury has taken a long time to get over and he still seems off his pace pre injury
I agree £25 mil tops at this moment,he could get back to his best and be well worth what they asking but right now no chance

Like him or loathe him, he's a goal scorer.

He'll end up somewhere like Forest, score a few goals initially, then eat too much and be fat and lazy for the rest of his huge contract.

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like him or loathe him, he's a goal scorer.

He'll end up somewhere like Forest, score a few goals initially, then eat too much and be fat and lazy for the rest of his huge contract.
You're not far off, but you missed the step where he kisses and slaps the badge a few times and says he was always a big fan of Forest growing up.

Back
Top Bottom