Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where have you seen this?

You'd think Forest would want at least £50m for him, even with FFP problems.
Just checked their forum and their fans want £80m.

They think he won’t leave though as he’s the captain and is going to have the team built around him in the summer.

What planet are they living on lol

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how many times have we failed to score this season?
You can’t make any conclusions firmly from one game, abd we are missing our top scorer too.

That’s actually my point…. We’re without Hwang our top scorer who is the only guy we have with a goal scoring instincts. Hwang would’ve got a couple today, Neto and Cunha are fantastic players but they just don’t make the gial scoring run that leads them to get a tap in. We need a striker to help cover Hwang

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It obviously we need another forward option, it's. 5 or 6 man game, in forward positions in the premier league to keep up the necessary intensity.....Cunha for example is being run into the ground......yes hwang will help but it's still not enough...

1 quality player on loan will do.....Broja or Ings for me...

Last edited:

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FFP still an issue or is it investment?
They want to ensure a major profit this year, while being sustainable to allow for investment in another window

Makes sense to bank a profit in a window 23/24, then this stays with us for the rolling next 3 years.

Anyone gon seems confident of something, lets see if we have this 9 in before friday and the ****. Probably something left field

Last edited:

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The recent run of results will benefit recruitment, a team on the up looking more like a mid table secure outfit rather than relegation struggles.

Let's hope so.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
My money is on Broja on loan with an obligation dependent upon certain conditions being met.

I also think we’ll see Lemina The Younger arrive next week again on loan with a small obligation.

However, with those two and Doyle turning perm that will be c £45m plus of next summer’s budget already consumed. Will need to off load Guedes and one of Kalajdzic or Silva or both to claw some back.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in regard to broja, there may be an ability to turn an obligation into an option as it gets later in the window. Depends on fitness of players at chelsea and if broja wants to go etc. If they deem that they will recoup finances for FFP

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My money is on Broja on loan with an obligation dependent upon certain conditions being met.

I also think we’ll see Lemina The Younger arrive next week again on loan with a small obligation.

However, with those two and Doyle turning perm that will be c £45m plus of next summer’s budget already consumed. Will need to off load Guedes and one of Kalajdzic or Silva or both to claw some back.

A least 10m a piece for Guedes, Kalajdzic, Podence and Silva wouldn't be too difficult to get and that's more or less paid for them.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
in regard to broja, there may be an ability to turn an obligation into an option as it gets later in the window. Depends on fitness of players at chelsea and if broja wants to go etc. If they deem that they will recoup finances for FFP

Agree. They will want a high obligation. We will want a lower option.

The later in the window it goes, the more they'll budge!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A least 10m a piece for Guedes, Kalajdzic, Podence and Silva wouldn't be too difficult to get and that's more or less paid for them.
i think you can get 6 to 8m for podence, probably a little more for sasa if he has a good run at frankfurt

silva max 6 to 10m

guedes again depends on villareal

but id hope to see 30m total or more

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if west ham may need to free up wages for Philips to join and it maybe Ings we are getting closer to ...

Not suggesting it's my preference, just a theory..

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i think you can get 6 to 8m for podence, probably a little more for sasa if he has a good run at frankfurt

silva max 6 to 10m

guedes again depends on villareal

but id hope to see 30m total or more
I was just thinking about the money we could get for Silva and Guedes but had completely overlooked Podence. Which, to be fair, is easy to do.

Last edited:

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they're banking on £55m+ for Neto. Then some other likely bits and bobs (selling youngsters, Gibbs-White sell-on fee) should give us a decent budget. I think we'll need to prioritise a centre-back in the summer because Dawson's not getting any younger.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they're banking on £55m+ for Neto. Then some other likely bits and bobs (selling youngsters, Gibbs-White sell-on fee) should give us a decent budget. I think we'll need to prioritise a centre-back in the summer because Dawson's not getting any younger.

Bueno and Mosquera depending on success of his loan. Ideal for CB options.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I think S Bueno is the designated Dawson replacement.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Always find that an odd statement. Who is getting any younger?

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's only played 4 games. Either they've deemed him not good enough, or something has gone on behind the scenes.

Bit odd to go from the midlands, to Luton, to Hull!

Luckily we have a sell on clause
We sold Giles for 5 million so get nothing.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sold Giles for 5 million so get nothing.

Pretty sure we have a sell on clause so get a percentage of whatever they sell him for?

From Matt Hobbs interview when he left:

“When he wasn’t going to be part of Julen’s plans, it didn’t feel right to loan him again. It’s a good move for all parties, we protect ourselves with add ons and a sell on, but also a buy back. Now felt the right time to give him a home.”

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pretty sure we have a sell on clause so get a percentage of whatever they sell him for?

“When he wasn’t going to be part of Julen’s plans, it didn’t feel right to loan him again. It’s a good move for all parties, we protect ourselves with add ons and a sell on, but also a buy back. Now felt the right time to give him a home.”
It’s almost always for profit.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Often/usually the sell on only applies to what is over the original purchase price.

Back
Top Bottom