Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wood is on £100k a week. Shelvey on £75k

Forest will have fun trying to shift those two.

Edit: Forest dumped Shelvey on a free after a bust up, but apparently still picks up a portion of his wages as he was contracted until 2025.

Harry Arter is on 40k and hasn’t played for years(not been named in their squad for 2022/23 or 2023/24)
The best thing about the Harry Arter situation (NOT for Trees, lol) is that he automatically got a contract extension when they got promoted lol.

Asthmatic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree completely.

People absolutely love to say that poor form is solely down to a lack of effort. Especially if a player is European, handsome, and slightly built. I'm not sure where it's come from the Guedes "didn't want to come here" but it's been taken as MolMix gospel now. There's nothing that surprising about him playing badly, when it was in a team that was absolutely terrible at attacking.

Did Hwang not want to be here back then? Did Sarabia not want to be here last season and then suddenly decided 2 months ago that he did?

Or is confidence often fragile, and is it very hard to play well in a team that couldn't score 1 goal per game?
Happens to me all the time

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree completely.

People absolutely love to say that poor form is solely down to a lack of effort. Especially if a player is European, handsome, and slightly built. I'm not sure where it's come from the Guedes "didn't want to come here" but it's been taken as MolMix gospel now. There's nothing that surprising about him playing badly, when it was in a team that was absolutely terrible at attacking.

Did Hwang not want to be here back then? Did Sarabia not want to be here last season and then suddenly decided 2 months ago that he did?

Or is confidence often fragile, and is it very hard to play well in a team that couldn't score 1 goal per game?
Personally I had no issue with Guedes being european, handsome or slightly built, its the fact he cost us a fortune and looked/played like he couldn’t give a toss. Its not just an effort or confidence thing though, he’s just not particularly very good either. Did he look over the moon to you?

Yes we weren’t very good as a team, but I’d feel confident if we brought this guy back into the squad right now he’d look utterly crap.

Hwang had looked decent before having lots of issues with injuries/form, and I’m not sure Sarabia was too happy here before he started getting a regular run. He’s also twice the player Guedes is.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have been interesting to have found out what GON would have managed to get out of Guedes, I feel there are some similarities between him and Sarabia.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No desperate need for anyone this window, unless a real opportunity presents itself, would rather stick with what we have.
Only if Fraser steps up to the plate. But I think thats as a unfair on him as it was on Silva 4 years ago.
Or you feel that three or four points extra that could get us in to Europe are beyond us and its just a season of treading water.
Please look at our bench on Monday and tell me we have cover. Sa and Hwang need better cover IMO .

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally I had no issue with Guedes being european, handsome or slightly built, its the fact he cost us a fortune and looked/played like he couldn’t give a toss. Its not just an effort or confidence thing though, he’s just not particularly very good either. Did he look over the moon to you?

Yes we weren’t very good as a team, but I’d feel confident if we brought this guy back into the squad right now he’d look utterly crap.

Hwang had looked decent before having lots of issues with injuries/form, and I’m not sure Sarabia was too happy here before he started getting a regular run. He’s also twice the player Guedes is.
Actually think motivated, at a club where he wants to be, getting starting spots and a with a team’s style that suits him, he can look the value we paid for him. Just hoping Villareal is that club. Don’t think you get 32 Portugal caps if there isn’t a very good player in there (unless there may have been some sort of injury issue that is affecting him now that wasn’t before).

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No he didn't look over the moon - but if he'd looked jovial in that team, I think people would've still complained he didn't care! I don't think he's ever looked that delighted, he's probably just a bit introverted.

If Sarabia hadn't come on against Spurs he could already be off on loan somewhere, and we'd have all the usual people saying all the usual things about how he couldn't hack the league, wasn't suited to English football, didn't care etc.

Not that I think Guedes is as good as Sarabia, but he's a perfect example of how a player can underperform for a while and it not be through lack of effort.

yateleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought his last game vs Arsenal he actually played OK and should have been given a pen if the linesman hadn't stuck his flag up straight away. Who knows how it would have panned out.
I don't think the injuries he had since have helped at all.

Queensland Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
No he didn't look over the moon - but if he'd looked jovial in that team, I think people would've still complained he didn't care! I don't think he's ever looked that delighted, he's probably just a bit introverted.

If Sarabia hadn't come on against Spurs he could already be off on loan somewhere, and we'd have all the usual people saying all the usual things about how he couldn't hack the league, wasn't suited to English football, didn't care etc.

Not that I think Guedes is as good as Sarabia, but he's a perfect example of how a player can underperform for a while and it not be through lack of effort.
Very astute response - well said

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am shocked that Everton and Forest haven't had to list multiple players as available for sale .

Just makes a sham of the process get a deduction of points but no need to then balance the books .

Back
Top Bottom