Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cundle worth only £2m? Surely worth double that now he has proved himself in the Championship and considering his upside potential. Giles was £5m after all. We sometimes seem to under value these types of players. You can be sure Chelsea/Man U would be asking at least £8m for a similar type of player.
Nah. Chelsea sold Hudson-Odoi for a similar fee, only got £7m for the far more promising and more established Billy Gilmour and around £4m for Nathaniel Chalobah, all of whom had actually proved they are capable of playing at a higher level

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The blues were very good to the Bellingham family. Paid for both Jude and Jobe to be privately educated (both excelled academically because of it).

Proved to be a very good investment. I can't imagine their education cost more than the £27.5m in total transfer fees for the pair!!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure about playing for his country but I for one would pick him ahead of Dan "Oooh, is that a cross coming over? I'd better duck out of the way" Bailey.

Oops, edit: Dan Bentley. Good in the dressing room by all accounts, but never a PL keeper IMV
Bentley is a champ keeper. Moulden has way more potential give it 2/3 years hopefully we will see it

Cundle yes bags of potential he could turn into a real player. Only he will decide how good he wants to be..

Big statements, only if they want it. Performed well at every level so far. We should not overlook such talent when we waste millions on rubbish like Guedes who let’s face it no better than Cundle in a Wolves shirt so far very little of note. One cost 28m the other didn’t hey Ho anything to help Mendes ay

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the deal re Sasa is ‘done’ there’s no way he plays tonight. What if:
A He scores a hat trick & is MoM?
B he gets injured?
If he plays then deal not done yet.

O'Neil has said both Sasa and Yerson will be involved, but even if they're in the squad, I don't think they'll set foot on the pitch!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yerson might get a cameo, i cant imagine if we have agreed everything with franfkurt we risk sasa injury tonight, who knows??

chirewa to get minutes off the bench?

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah. Chelsea sold Hudson-Odoi for a similar fee, only got £7m for the far more promising and more established Billy Gilmour and around £4m for Nathaniel Chalobah, all of whom had actually proved they are capable of playing at a higher level

Hudson-Odoi, 3 full England caps, close to 100 appearances in the PL and Bundesliga, and previously linked with a £70m bid from Bayern, goes for £3m plus add-ons making the total fee a potential £5-£7m.

Yet according to some, Cundle is worth similar!

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
one thing to consider, Sasa is still our player and should be considered as such until he isn’t.
he will be involved tonight, it just will be interesting if he starts to rest cunha, if we are going strong as possible surely cunha plays? plus neto and sarabia or bellegarde

personally cunha neto bellegarde as a front 3 will probably give collins nightmares

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
yerson might get a cameo, i cant imagine if we have agreed everything with franfkurt we risk sasa injury tonight, who knows??

chirewa to get minutes off the bench?

Apparently loads of Championship loan interest in Yerson. I don't see why we would give him a small cameo when it would rule him out of playing for any other club this season.

Only way he plays is if a centre back gets a serious injury and we decide there and then to keep him here until the summer.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently loads of Championship loan interest in Yerson. I don't see why we would give him a small cameo when it would rule him out of playing for any other club this season.

Only way he plays is if a centre back gets a serious injury and we decide there and then to keep him here until the summer.
didnt know if the mls affected obviously if it affects his ability to be loaned he can sit on the bench

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He's fine to play due to

Registration
1. A player must be registered at an association to play for a club as either a
professional or an amateur in accordance with the provisions of article 2. Only
registered players are eligible to participate in organised football. By the act
of registering, a player agrees to abide by the statutes and regulations of FIFA,
the confederations and the associations.
2. A player may only be registered with one club at a time.
3. Players may be registered with a maximum of three clubs during one season.
During this period, the player is only eligible to play official matches for
two clubs. As an exception to this rule, a player moving between two clubs
belonging to associations with overlapping seasons (i.e. start of the season in
summer/autumn as opposed to winter/spring) may be eligible to play in official
matches for a third club during the relevant season, provided he has fully
complied with his contractual obligations towards his previous clubs.
Equally,
the provisions relating to the registration periods (article 6) as well as to the
minimum length of a contract (article 18 paragraph 2) must be respected.
4. Under all circumstances, due consideration must be given to the sporting
integrity of the competition. In particular, a player may not play official
matches for more than two clubs competing in the same national
championship or cup during the same season, subject to stricter individual
competition regulations of member associations.

As mentioned by @dnf14

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proved to be a very good investment. I can't imagine their education cost more than the £27.5m in total transfer fees for the pair!!
I don’t know their dad (Mark) but he plays in the same veterans team as a few of my pals and he pushed the education bit (so I’m told) as a fall back in case either of them didn’t make it or injury curtailed their career.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As his mls loan started last season Im guessing it counts towards one of his clubs for last season? Thus he can play tonight and still be loaned out towards the end of the window??

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As his mls loan started last season Im guessing it counts towards one of his clubs for last season? Thus he can play tonight and still be loaned out towards the end of the window??

Apparently so.

Still might not risk him bursting another hamstring though if the plan is to loan him out!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
so effectively we don’t consider him our player and weaken ourselves when we are four down already, so yep in my eyes that’s a conundrum.
Yep. You can either strengthen for this game and ultimately risk not getting in the forward you want, or not risk Sasa in this game and be sure you get the forward you want.

I know exactly what I would do

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hudson-Odoi, 3 full England caps, close to 100 appearances in the PL and Bundesliga, and previously linked with a £70m bid from Bayern, goes for £3m plus add-ons making the total fee a potential £5-£7m.

Yet according to some, Cundle is worth similar!
CH-O is not pulling up any trees at Forest, despite his wealth of experience, but your point is still valid. Loads more experience at the top level than Cundle.

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep, has been covered loads already........... if seasons overlap, then 3 registrations are acceptable. Totally fine to play tonight.

Would be madness to play Sasa though, but I am the cautious type.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep. You can either strengthen for this game and ultimately risk not getting in the forward you want, or not risk Sasa in this game and be sure you get the forward you want.

I know exactly what I would do
damned either way really!
CH-O is not pulling up any trees at Forest, despite his wealth of experience, but your point is still valid. Loads more experience at the top level than Cundle.
there’s not enough money at that level to demand £5m for a player who has shown nothing more than being other than an average Championship player.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep, has been covered loads already........... if seasons overlap, then 3 registrations are acceptable. Totally fine to play tonight.

Would be madness to play Sasa though, but I am the cautious type.
i think mosquera plays for gon to take a look, he looked great in preseason and has done great in mls

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently so.

Still might not risk him bursting another hamstring though if the plan is to loan him out!
Maybe we’re actually strongly considering keeping him around anyway?
Bueno has mostly been used as backup for Dawson’s more central role and I can imagine GON might like the idea of the pace Mosquera has in our back line, he could do a similar job on the right as Toti does on the left. IF he is deemed good enough now.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I see Fraser hasnt gone out on loan yet. I would include him in the squad as we are very short on attackers or involve Leon Chiwome and or Owen Farmer. I presume some of them will go to Dubai.
Neto Cunha Sarabia Bellegarde.

4 players to play in 3 positions does leave us very short. Must be playing a full strength front line tonight and we have no real option other than Cunha to spearhead it.

We could of course include Sasa but I’m not so sure we will.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bentley is a champ keeper. Moulden has way more potential give it 2/3 years hopefully we will see it

Cundle yes bags of potential he could turn into a real player. Only he will decide how good he wants to be..

Big statements, only if they want it. Performed well at every level so far. We should not overlook such talent when we waste millions on rubbish like Guedes who let’s face it no better than Cundle in a Wolves shirt so far very little of note. One cost 28m the other didn’t hey Ho anything to help Mendes ay
Both are probably unsuited to Wolves at this present time.
But Wolves don’t set the price you need a willing buyer.
Guedes market value in Europe is far in excess of Cundle.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the deal re Sasa is ‘done’ there’s no way he plays tonight. What if:
A He scores a hat trick & is MoM?
B he gets injured?
If he plays then deal not done yet.
If that's the order of liklihood you got A and B the wrong way round

Back
Top Bottom