Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rooney

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumour has it Fat Frank’s in a taxi bound for Small Heath as we speak.

Now that would be hysterical. Much more in keeping with their new owner’s football intelligence than Cooper, who would actually be a decent appointment.

De Wolfs Mullet

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
i don’t think he’s a bad manager, but should never have got the job in those circumstances. Owners can be really stupid
I don't think he has ever been a particularly good manager. He had win percentages of 28.2 (Derby) and 26.4 (DC United) before turning up at the blue nosed gits and only winning 2 in 15

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he has ever been a particularly good manager. He had win percentages of 28.2 (Derby) and 26.4 (DC United) before turning up at the blue nosed gits and only winning 2 in 15
Derby was a basket case, so unfair to judge on that imo.
Mls - i genuinely don’t understand a league where one club is allowed to sign Messi and co, is this a fair league?
Brum - disaster all tound

who knows, i rate him above Lampard at least!!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i don’t think he’s a bad manager, but should never have got the job in those circumstances. Owners can be really stupid
So far there’s very little evidence to say he’s anything but that though.

It’s a poor decision from his POV as those changes rarely work out for the better, especially mid season.

Blues (and him) would have probably be better off seeing how the rest of this season panned out and made the swap in the summer.

It’s difficult to see where he goes from here.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As I mentioned elsewhere there was a Blues fan a few weeks ago on the BBC WM phone in show who said " If you buy a car and it is running well the last thing you do is strip out the spark plugs ! " Ironic is it not that " If ain't broke don't fix it " is an American expression and yet Birmingham's American owners went exactly against that advice when they fired John Eustace.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes I am surprised at the decision of Blues owners to appoint Rooney as Tommy Shelby always seemed far more switched on than that............... Oh hang on I have the wrong Small Heath based Shelby Corporation !

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol at the BBC sports site

Villa fan here. Feel for Blues fans, remarkable that the hierarchy has made the same mistake twice after messing up with Zola in 2016. On the other hand, it's also very funny.

Anon

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Carl Robinson one of Rooney's backroom team has gone too.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This went wrong a lot faster than everybody expected. Another example of a top, top player failing in non top flight management.
He’s either not going to cut it as a manager or he’s going to be better at a better level which he won’t get a job in.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the owners had any sense they’d go cap in hand back to John Eustace on the lines of “you were great, we got it wrong and please come back.”
Doubt they’ll have the sense or humility to do so and Lampard looks like a perfect fit for yet another crack at management.

WolvesAndCows

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the owners had any sense they’d go cap in hand back to John Eustace on the lines of “you were great, we got it wrong and please come back.”
Doubt they’ll have the sense or humility to do so and Lampard looks like a perfect fit for yet another crack at management.
I suspect Eustace to want a bigger wage if that were to happen, and rightly so.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I found their statement arrogant in all honesty, they could have made a much better fist at showing some humility.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hahahahaha! Rooney, Gerrard, and Lampard -- all members of the 'golden generation' who achieved ****-all on the pitch for England, and were then too big-headed to learn their trade as coaches in the lower leagues! Karma!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Two things that made me shake my head at the radio earlier.

Blues podcaster saying the owners got him in to attract players. I mean I know there might be a bit in that at some levels, but really is that a logical way to appoint a manager?

Then they quoted him as saying '10 weeks isn't long enough to turn a club round'. Well Wayne, you seemed to turn it round instantly, maybe the mistake was thinking you needed to?

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought they would give him the transfer window to turn things round, now a new manager has to be appointed and potential targets may have moved elsewhere. Birmingham City need to get this next appointment right as a resurgent Sheffield Wednesday are closing in on them .

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The media and the world are going mad.

Rooney gets sacked and it’s on the main BBC news.

So, did they pop it on the news when premier league Sheffield United sack theirs a month ago? (No).

As an aside, I noticed that Carl Robinson got the boot too. Not bothered as he was rude and unpleasant to my late wife at Mike Stowell testimonial dinner.
She was in a wheelchair and got in his way.

Ade Akinbiyi “had a word” and half of the first team squad ended up chatting to her.

So “unlucky “ Carl

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gary rowett in the frame for the job. Hasn’t he been there before?
Yep. He was sacked when doing well also.

They seem to get rid of any manager doing a good job (Rowett and Eustace are examples) and appoint supposedly big names like Zola and Rooney, who have been disasters.

Wonder if they’ll try and persuade Gerrard to leave Saudi or go for the likes of Dean Smith, Lampard or Big Sam lol.

These American football owners are full of big ideas and make loud noises, but bloody hell, they haven’t got a clue!

Back
Top Bottom