Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pointless doing a rumour thread after listening to Shi. No respect for the fans, the club and no ambition. Genuinely feel let down. Prove me wrong.
7th, 7th, 13th, 10th, in one of the toughest leagues in the world; an FA Cup semi-final and a Europa League cup run to the 1/4 final, compared the previous 40 years of largely huge disappointment including a double relegation doesn’t scream “no respect for the fans and no ambition” to me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
7th, 7th, 13th, 10th, in one of the toughest leagues in the world; an FA Cup semi-final and a Europa League cup run to the 1/4 final, compared the previous 40 years of largely huge disappointment including a double relegation doesn’t scream “no respect for the fans and no ambition” to me.
We’re looking to the future it sounds like we are going back to the mad mick days bargain basement stuff

T

TheConcourse

Has anyone mentioned the rumour that Jeff is going to concentrate on his record label thing and an experienced hand, Jez is coming back as the business brains behind the club/corporation/PLC or whatever it is going to be?
Don’t. I might combust.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun invested, we got promoted, we over-achieved...then it stopped. Team is going downhill fast. Top players leaving and no sign of arresting the slide. Now Shi talks *******s about brand and esports. If Lage has lost the dressing room then Fosun has lost the fans.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has anyone mentioned the rumour that Jeff is going to concentrate on his record label thing and an experienced hand, Jez, is coming back as the business brains behind the club/corporation/PLC or whatever it is going to be?
No chance. Fosun bombed Jizz out at the first opportunity. If Shi goes any replacement is almost certainly going to be Chinese.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun invested, we got promoted, we over-achieved...then it stopped. Team is going downhill fast. Top players leaving and no sign of arresting the slide. Now Shi talks *******s about brand and esports. If Lage has lost the dressing room then Fosun has lost the fans.
They haven’t lost me, or are people who disagree with you not counted?

NewOrder306

Groupie
Reaction score
They haven’t lost me, or are people who disagree with you not counted?
Nor me, the last few years have been like ones I never thought I would see, seems people have very short memories:oops: I remember 10th in the old 4th Division being a milestone. We seem to have a plethora of glass half empty fans on here. I would like it to have finished much better this season...BUT .....ask a Burnley/Norwich /Watford fan if 10th would be a success. Many of you may remember Charlton fans in a similar "mood" over the club and Curbs and how they should be dong better.....well they have not been back since they pushed him out the door, so be careful what you wish for, its not ideal but my glass is deffo half full and if the worst was ever to happen, I will look back on what Fosun did for my club over the last five + years and thank them for the pleasure they gave me (and thousands of others) Get real........

The Clock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jeff pushing on with a balanced approach.

Looking to recruit the Football and Sports Development officer at Southampton FC - Gareth Byres.

He's apparently acknowledged we need Byres as well as Sellars.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No of course not. You can trust him if you like. But after the latest communication exercise I don't. That's my choice.
I’m not denying you your choice but you stated ‘Fosun had lost the fans’. Which obviously they haven’t. Lost ‘some’ of the fans? Probably but at the moment they’re just a quite noisy minority. Some wouldn’t be happy if we won the Champions League but what can you do…?!?!?

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nor me, the last few years have been like ones I never thought I would see, seems people have very short memories:oops: I remember 10th in the old 4th Division being a milestone. We seem to have a plethora of glass half empty fans on here. I would like it to have finished much better this season...BUT .....ask a Burnley/Norwich /Watford fan if 10th would be a success. Many of you may remember Charlton fans in a similar "mood" over the club and Curbs and how they should be dong better.....well they have not been back since they pushed him out the door, so be careful what you wish for, its not ideal but my glass is deffo half full and if the worst was ever to happen, I will look back on what Fosun did for my club over the last five + years and thank them for the pleasure they gave me (and thousands of others) Get real........
4th division was 30+ years. I wasnt around then, I'm tired of this being brought up as a justification for why supporters can't dare dream for even higher places and demand better for ourselves. Who gives a **** about division 4. I saw wolves in division 3 a decade ago. Thats over and done with. It isn't all doom and gloom but some of you I feel are doing the ostrich in an attempt to cope.

Tired of Wolves history being used as an anchor to tie around the current club and supporters and used like this. We are not slaves to history ffs

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
4th division was 30+ years. I wasnt around then, I'm tired of this being brought up as a justification for why supporters can't dare dream for even higher places and demand better for ourselves. Who gives a **** about division 4. I saw wolves in division 3 a decade ago. Thats over and done with. It isn't all doom and gloom but some of you I feel are doing the ostrich in an attempt to cope.

Tired of Wolves history being used as an anchor to tie around the current club and supporters and used like this. We are not slaves to history ffs
No, but history is an indicator of what’s possible in the future. So is looking at Charlton, Portsmouth, Wigan, Bolton, Derby, Bury etc etc.
I would much rather us be 10th in the PL and disapppinted about that than in the 3rd or 4th tier, or 15 mins from going bust again. It happened, it could happen again, and there are plenty of examples of clubs over reaching themselves, reaching for the stars and plummeting.
Fosun enabled us to achieve what we have in the last 5 years, SJH and Steve Morgan failed to do that (although gave us a platform) and I dread to think what might happen if Fosun lose interest and sell up.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Surely the aim for any football club worth it´s salt must be to progress on the pitch.
It must be a foundation for sure.
We losing to Aldershot in the 80´s has no bearing on our current position..and looking back at the last two seasons we are not progressing on the pitch as many fans see it.
We should be grateful for the Fosun period in the clubs history..but it is history and as fans to the club one will always look to the future for even better results for the club.
Would be very strange otherwise,and it would not be a recepie for good future for the club either.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Lack of ambition within a portion of our fanbase really makes you wonder what went wrong in their lives.

The "we've never had it so good, stop complaining" argument could've been used at any point since the 1980s really.

Stagnation under Steve Morgan? Things will never get better, we're solvent and sustainable, stop being so needy things have never been so good!

Nobody is expecting billions pumped in overnight like Newcastle or Villa, but this "sustainable" path only leads one way - down.

The first team squad has needed to be supplemented with additional players for 4 seasons now, and we haven't. This "small squad" is a smokescreen to distract from managed decline.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun haven't lost the fans at all. The majority are calm, rational folk delighted to be secure in the Premier League and will see how the summer recruitment goes, judging us on our performances in the first couple of months of the season

Social media serves mostly as an echo chamber or a battle ground for those with extreme views. The dull grey middle ground is rarely amplified but it's always where the truth will be found

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure we've never had it so good on the pitch but actually following Wolves, personally, I had so much more enjoyment in the years of rot in the Championship and League One. Kick off times all over the show, football that is like pulling your nails out than enjoyable, taking out a small loan just to attend the game, atmosphere that just don't exist, VAR, the ceiling of how far you can go being clear and present, lack of any value to the ownership, the list goes on.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure we've never had it so good on the pitch but actually following Wolves, personally, I had so much more enjoyment in the years of rot in the Championship and League One. Kick off times all over the show, football that is like pulling your nails out than enjoyable, taking out a small loan just to attend the game, atmosphere that just don't exist, VAR, the ceiling of how far you can go being clear and present, lack of any value to the ownership, the list goes on.

There is definitely a wider issue in football. VAR is the only thing ever that made me really question going recently. That and refereeing at the moment. There have always been bad decisions but my god...

Also the absolute greed of the top clubs and those running the game.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hang on isn’t this the fun, fun, fun pub rumour thread? Rather than yet another argument about whether we should be grateful and happy?

Here’s a rumour: Kebab Warrior sick of the degeneration of every thread into an argument about ambition/investment & considering asking for a transfer away from Mol Mix / Villa Bits.
Agent issues ‘come & get me plea’.
Mumsnet said to be monitoring the situation.

Reaction score
Hang on isn’t this the fun, fun, fun pub rumour thread? Rather than yet another argument about whether we should be grateful and happy?

Here’s a rumour: Kebab Warrior sick of the degeneration of every thread into an argument about ambition/investment & considering asking for a transfer away from Mol Mix / Villa Bits.
Agent issues ‘come & get me plea’.
Mumsnet said to be monitoring the situation.
I only came here for the rumours!!! No ****ing rumours just bitching!!

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was enjoying this thread in the early days - it's turned crap

I agreed with @freezin and nothing has changed. I still agree with @freezin because he's a handsome, charismatic chap.

This thread is still crap, but it's now crap for different reasons.

Where have the friends of the bar room ITKs gone?
Where has the fun gone?

T

TheConcourse

Usually I’m with you.

The whole ‘look where we were’ argument doesn’t make any sense when the environment changes. Apples and oranges.

But we have to acknowledge just what it takes to make the leap to the next step. It’s huge.

It looks like 3/4 new players, which looks like first team players sitting on the bench, which looks like young players not even getting the opportunity to break through.

The whole model falls down, we lose our unique view on the world and we become one of another without the cash to sustain it.

I’m happy floating around in mid-table to see how the additional revenue stuff plays out, but the caveat is the football has to improve. That’s my biggest issue right now. It’s desperately poor viewing from an entertainment perspective.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Looking to recruit the Football and Sports Development officer at Southampton FC - Gareth Byres.

Brilliant!

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

May as well get in Will Byers for when it all goes upside down (one for the Netflix guys)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Usually I’m with you.

The whole ‘look where we were’ argument doesn’t make any sense when the environment changes. Apples and oranges.

But we have to acknowledge just what it takes to make the leap to the next step. It’s huge.

It looks like 3/4 new players, which looks like first team players sitting on the bench, which looks like young players not even getting the opportunity to break through.

The whole model falls down, we lose our unique view on the world and we become one of another without the cash to sustain it.

I’m happy floating around in mid-table to see how the additional revenue stuff plays out, but the caveat is the football has to improve. That’s my biggest issue right now. It’s desperately poor viewing from an entertainment perspective.
Did this come to you via someone in a pub?

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well said.

The Championship (and a couple in Div 1) is full of clubs our size who would give anything to be where we are now. Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom