Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s Games 2023-2024

A wanderer from Bristol

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Toney has been pants.
He has been. It might be a lack of match fitness catching up with him a bit as well. Initially the adrenaline of coming back might have carried him through, but being out for so long might be showing now.

I mean i'm just putting it out there. Not sure i believe it myself

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Lovely little run from Nunes, gives it to de Bryune who gives it to Haaland who scores. Can't think why he wanted to leave.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It seems to me that Luton have really changed their style in the past month or so, and I just don't get it.

They seem to be 1vs1 all over the pitch and it's crazy.

United should have scored about 6, Sheffield United scored 3, Liverpool got 4 and it should've been more.

It's admirable in a way as it makes them a better watch and they do have a go, but it's stupid IMO at this level. Every team at this level is a massive counter-attacking threat and has quick forwards, and this just plays into their hands.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
It seems to me that Luton have really changed their style in the past month or so, and I just don't get it.

United should have scored about 6, Sheffield United scored 3, Liverpool got 4 and it should've been more.

It's admirable in a way as it makes them a better watch and they do have a go, but it's stupid IMO at this level. Every team at this level is a massive counter-attacking threat and has quick forwards, and this just plays into their hands.
Let's hope Rob Edwards has an account on the Mix.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Agree it's very risky, but it does allow them to dictate significant stretches of the game and also suits their best players (especially Barkley).

It beats getting ground to dust, anyway...

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree it's very risky, but it does allow them to dictate significant stretches of the game and also suits their best players (especially Barkley).

It beats getting ground to dust, anyway...

But were they doing much wrong before?

Maybe they've always played like this but it's been a noticeable shift (to me anyway) recently, and it's stupid IMO.

It's as though they've believed the hype they were getting, thinking they actually are a good team and capable at this level, when I don't think they are.

They are rarely going to outscore teams, so they need to keep it tight(er).

They seemed to have a good balance before, now they look terrible I feel.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Ooo.

15 goals conceded in 4 games and 25 minutes. Not great is it.
Ha ha no, to be fair the second goal did make your point nicely. Feel like I'd want someone covering behind (or even in front) if the keeper was going to play it to Haaland to lay off to De Bryune and spin in behind. Did look quite naive, however good a job Edwards has done overall.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha no, to be fair the second goal did make your point nicely. Feel like I'd want someone covering behind (or even in front) if the keeper was going to play it to Haaland to lay off to De Bryune and spin in behind. Did look quite naive, however good a job Edwards has done overall.

I actually switched over at 0-1 so haven't seen it.

Edwards has done a fantastic job, which is why I find it so confusing. As I said, to me, this shift has come in the past few weeks and before that I thought they were competitive and had a chance. Now I think they will concede 2/3 a game against most teams, in which case they'll be lucky to get another win.

I don't get why he changed to this very, very brave approach with arguably the most limited squad in the league.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good goal by Clark of Luton.
When did we last score from that kind of distance. Surely it wasn't that Nunes screamer against Chelsea......

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Good goal by Clark of Luton.
When did we last score from that kind of distance. Surely it wasn't that Nunes screamer against Chelsea......
Doyle had one, didn't he? I don't remember how far out that was.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
If there are any draws in this round of the FA Cup is it straight to extra time and then penalties?

Back
Top Bottom