Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

MoTD tonight

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How is that not a penalty for Brentford? I know they’re scum but they’ve been done there. Michael Oliver gets worse and worse.

LiVARpool…

But as somebody else said earlier, today was one of the rare days I wasn’t upset by Liverpool getting all the decisions and hammering Brentford.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
City should have had a penalty then, the defender controls the ball with his hand.
And a shirt pull too ?

Agree Brentford should have had one too.

Liverpool fans complaining they could have one as well .

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Yet Kompany seems totally immune from criticism.
Feels to me like he’s trying to play this attractive style of play to impress the bigger clubs when they need a new coach. Don’t feel like he’s doing what’s best for Burnley, I’d be quite ****ed off with him if I was a fan.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Feels to me like he’s trying to play this attractive style of play to impress the bigger clubs when they need a new coach. Don’t feel like he’s doing what’s best for Burnley, I’d be quite ****ed off with him if I was a fan.
You’d think the one thing he would be able to coach is defending but they were dreadful today.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
You’d think the one thing he would be able to coach is defending but they were dreadful today.
Maybe I’m being harsh but I think any defence would struggle with that goalie behind them. He’s only a kid really and he may end up being a good one but it’s absolute madness that they’ve played him all season. Same as that Mellier that Leeds had. An absolute car crash.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently not ..

Foul was before the offside supposedly .
Yes, you aren't offside now until you actually interfere with play which usually involves having an impact on a defender attempting to play the ball or attempting to or successfully playing the ball yourself. No sympathy for players that pull shirts like that anyway.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Apparently not ..

Foul was before the offside supposedly .
Yes, I mean if he's not active until the ball reaches him I guess it sort of makes sense. I think most fans would say the offside is the first offence though. When did life get so complicated?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have thought all season long that West Ham have been punching above their weight. That’s why I was so disappointed when they thumped us.

By my reckoning, they have conceded 14 and scored 3 in the league, since Xmas and not won a game. They are pretty concerning stats. Long may it continue.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have thought all season long that West Ham have been punching above their weight. That’s why I was so disappointed when they thumped us.

By my reckoning, they have conceded 14 and scored 3 in the league, since Xmas and not won a game. They are pretty concerning stats. Long may it continue.

Yet somehow, like rocky balboa, they will have a rally that somehow keeps David Moyes in a job!!!

Seems to keep happening

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

I still don't know what they think is workable about their setup. All so toothless...

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t know what is and isn’t a penalty anymore.
I am guessing here, but I would say that penalties are now about 5 times more common than they were when I first started watching football. That's not because there is more fouling or violent play or more handballs. It seems pretty much like it always was. What there is more of is faking and diving, as well as over-officious officials seeking to put their mark on the game.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am guessing here, but I would say that penalties are now about 5 times more common than they were when I first started watching football. That's not because there is more fouling or violent play or more handballs. It seems pretty much like it always was. What there is more of is faking and diving, as well as over-officious officials seeking to put their mark on the game.
I reckon that's because in the 50s the ball weighed more than the players, who were desperate to avoid it hitting their arm and breaking it ;)

Players who got in the way of a Johnny Hancocks shot were never the same again.

JadeWolf

Reaction score
It’s the inconsistency that I can’t really get my head round. The penalty that I think Man City could have had yesterday, pretty much the same thing happened last week at Luton and it was given. I get that we’re never gonna get perfect consistency but it’s still really annoying when two very similar incidents happen two weekends apart and it’s a difference decision.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s the inconsistency that I can’t really get my head round. The penalty that I think Man City could have had yesterday, pretty much the same thing happened last week at Luton and it was given. I get that we’re never gonna get perfect consistency but it’s still really annoying when two very similar incidents happen two weekends apart and it’s a difference decision.
The thing is, there may well have been the same inconsistency in the 50s and 60s, but we didn't get to compare because there would only be a couple of games a week televised on the Beeb and ITV, and even then only brief edited highlights. The present "inconsistency" is in part a product of the the presence of TV cameras for the full 90 minutes at every single PL game. So of course any inconsistency becomes more obvious if you watch all the games, which you can now if you want to.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I reckon that's because in the 50s the ball weighed more than the players, who were desperate to avoid it hitting their arm and breaking it ;)

Players who got in the way of a Johnny Hancocks shot were never the same again.
My old man used to talk about how much heavier those balls got in the rain and how much he hated heading them then (he played for Bridgnorth)....

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My old man used to talk about how much heavier those balls got in the rain and how much he hated heading them then (he played for Bridgnorth)....
True. When I played schools football as a kid of 11, there was only one kid in our team who could take the corners (we played on a full size pitch) because he was the only player who could kick a dead ball hard enough to get it unto the penalty area from the corner flag! A wet "casey" weighed a ton!

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Back in 1975 / 76 I was in the top junior year at Primary School and we had one of those balls. If it rained the damn thing weighed about the same as a six inch foundation breeze block ! The fortunate thing looking back some near 50 years, we little kids did not suffer head trauma from heading as trust me there was no way any of us could get the ball off the ground once it was wet .To get it move across what was usually a mud heap of pitch took all our efforts to get it to more than 5 feet away !!!!!!

When in the autumn of 1976 I went to " Big School " and had PE with a Mitre or some other panelled football it was like Nirvana !!!!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in 1975 / 76 I was in the top junior year at Primary School and we had one of those balls. If it rained the damn thing weighed about the same as a six inch foundation breeze block ! The fortunate thing looking back some near 50 years, we little kids did not suffer head trauma from heading as trust me there was no way any of us could get the ball off the ground once it was wet and to get it move across what was usually a mud heap of pitch took all our efforts to get it to more than 5 feet away !!!!!!
I'm a tad older than you and played in goal at junior school... I must have been stark staring bonkers lol....

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How bad are “the best promoted team ever” Burnley?!

Even worse than "best promoted team ever" Bielsa's Leeds! And as bad as the next "best promoted team ever" Daniel Farke's Norwich.

Clough's Forest must be up there as possibly the real best promoted team ever. However, on the finishing positions in the first 2 seasons back, Nuno's Wolves are surely the best promoted team this century. We all knew that, though, didn't we? :D

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True. When I played schools football as a kid of 11, there was only one kid in our team who could take the corners (we played on a full size pitch) because he was the only player who could kick a dead ball hard enough to get it unto the penalty area from the corner flag! A wet "casey" weighed a ton!
Don’t forget that ****ing big lace hitting you on the head

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
The Forest one is far and away the worst of the day. Once again a manager gets booked due to the utter incompetence of the official.
Saw that this morning. It's the clearest penalty you'll ever see with the clearest evidence you'll ever see. I can give the referee the benefit of the doubt for maybe not seeing it, but how can VAR not overturn that decision? Fortunately, from Forest's point of view it didn't chance the overall result if the game.

Back
Top Bottom