Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Boob, Hwang, Hubner and RAN at AFCON/Asia Cup

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
A reminder of the last of the group games
Asia Cup - Hwang and Hubner
15 Jan South Korea v Bahrain 11-30
Indonesia v Iraq 14-30

19 jan Vietnam v indonesia 14-30

20 jan Jordan v South Korea 11-30

24 jan Japan v indonesia - 11-30

25 jan South Korea v Malaysia 11-30
That’s the group games.

Afcon - RaN and Traore

15 jan Algeria v Angola 20.00

16 jan Mali v South Africa 20.00

20 jan Algeria v burkina fasu 14-00
20 jan Tunisia v Mali 20.00

23 jan Mauritania v Algeria 20.00

24 jan Namibia v Algeria 17.00

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking very good playing in central midfield. Something we could look at when he returns. He is very good on the ball.
Pretty much since he hit the under 23s he’s been the player (for me) that would eventually end up in the first team.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like you really rate him
He’s always looked a “player” to me, played centre back I imagine due to his size but I’m not suprised he’s been pushed further forward as he’s always looked supremely confident on the ball.

It’s hard to judge the youth players, I go to at least 10 or so games a season plus watch the ones on YouTube so I see a fair amount of games but they develop at different paces and some seem to “stop” or don’t develop at all. Some of it is down to physique, some it’s mentality, injuries etc. we’ve had a few I’ve had high hopes for recently in Lonwijk and Marques who have stalled due to injury (hubner has had them to). It’s why it’s so frustrating when people write off the academy as not producing enough when up and down the country the percentage of academy players who “make it” at that club is tiny.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s always looked a “player” to me, played centre back I imagine due to his size but I’m not suprised he’s been pushed further forward as he’s always looked supremely confident on the ball.

It’s hard to judge the youth players, I go to at least 10 or so games a season plus watch the ones on YouTube so I see a fair amount of games but they develop at different paces and some seem to “stop” or don’t develop at all. Some of it is down to physique, some it’s mentality, injuries etc. we’ve had a few I’ve had high hopes for recently in Lonwijk and Marques who have stalled due to injury (hubner has had them to). It’s why it’s so frustrating when people write off the academy as not producing enough when up and down the country the percentage of academy players who “make it” at that club is tiny.

Cheers

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hosts Ivory Coast look to be going out, huge shock.
Probably had a decent chance of going through as one of the best placed thirds, but I'm not so sure with a 4-0 thumping!

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Algeria playing Mauritania now. Quite cagey. If Algeria lose, they're out, and RAN comes home. If they draw, think they still have a good chance of going through in 3rd place.

Standard of AFCON is a lot higher now than it used to be.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
1-0 to Mauritania. They've never won a game at AFCON.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****ing hell ran might be coming home.

Genuinely love to see him tear baggies a new areshole down the left
1000012744.png

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Let me dream! But true would be great to have him for united though and strengthening up the left instead of doc
Don’t get the hatred of Doc he’s not 25 anymore and had a class game last night along with Semedo. Defensively sound. RAN good at attacking because he’s much younger! If he’s back great. Important keep him out of the red zone

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don’t get the hatred of Doc he’s not 25 anymore and had a class game last night along with Semedo. Defensively sound. RAN good at attacking because he’s much younger! If he’s back great. Important keep him out of the red zone
No hate on doc played well and ran into box and made great runs centrally just doesn't have the pace to get up and down so leaves hole in behind and he struggles with a press whereas ran can beat his man

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ran running nicely in this Mauritania game , Mauritania have 11 mins to hold on to something special for them and ran will be home

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's coming home. Mauritania lose. Ran still sprinting back at 102 mins he will be fine nice and fit

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
He's coming home
He's coming home
He's coming
RAN is coming home

Screenshot_20240123-221002.png
(edited out Skinner).

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because with the timescale it’s a lot to expect plus he’s had zero time off. They’ll want to give him a few days im sure

That's what I think. I would love him to play and humiliate them lot with his skill but think it's a bit too fast of a turnaround realistically.

Back
Top Bottom