Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Petar Musa of Benefica been mentioned,? Looks a good cheaper option. Reasonable record this season, 5 goals two assists in 13 appearances, , Serbian international, 6ft 3, only 25 etc wants out as they have signed Leonardo....we are supposedly interested... we are obviously well connected with Benefica...

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has Petar Musa of Benefica been mentioned,? Looks a good cheaper option. Reasonable record this season, 5 goals two assists in 13 appearances, , Serbian international, 6ft 3, only 25 etc wants out as they have signed Leonardo....we are supposedly interested... we are obviously well connected with Benefica...
musa is about to sign for genoa

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will make a move for someone but expect the last few days. Still hopeful Jonny may move but won’t get his wages elsewhere big issue for us.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who was the other one?

I must be drawing a massive blank or it must have been before my time?

Edit: Looked it up. We've actually had 3 Canadians play for Wolves. 2 well before my time. Those two were Doug McMahon and Les Wilson.

Les Wilson was born in Manchester, England but McMahon was the OG Canuck

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score

dnf14

Reaction score
Luckily for you Google Translate does!
The 29-year-old back of Wolves, Yoni Otto, is very liked by PAOK, however, his case is not an easy one. A key point is the Spaniard's release from the Premier League club.

PAOK is looking for reinforcements from the top shelf in the current transfer window, targeting the case of Yoni Otto of Wolves. This is a player who can cover both ends of the defense with ease.

It is noteworthy that five years ago, he was acquired by Atlético Madrid instead of almost 20 million euros. The Spaniard is currently on ice due to a disciplinary offense in December 2023, which has led him to seek a new football home, although he is linked with a contract with "Wolves" until 2025.

This year he has played 184 minutes and one appearance in the top league in the world, however, he decided to turn the page in his career, with the PAOK staff "reading" the circumstances that had been created around his case, moving at lightning speed for his acquisition . PAOK made all the necessary contacts, ensuring the "ok" of the player who showed from the beginning positive about the possibility of wearing the shirt of Dikefalos.

A key point for the transfer of Otto is the attitude of Wolves as the formula for his release will have to be found. Something that doesn't seem easy at all... Telta also showed interest in his acquisition, tempting the player with the prospect of repatriation.

Born on March 3, 1994 in Vigo, Spain, Otto grew up in football at Telta and played for six years in the men's team. In the summer of 2018, he was transferred to Atlético Madrid, but the Spain-England route he did on loan led to his permanent signing at Wolves in January 2019. In La Liga and Premier League, he has a total of 290 games!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Premier League trio Aston Villa, West Ham United and Wolves are reportedly keen on Semih Kilicsoy with the £22 million-rated Besiktas ace tipped to ‘become a world star’ and follow in the footsteps of Real Madrid’s Arda Guler.
I have heard of Adge Cutler .....

Madmalc

Reaction score
I think there may be a ready supply of pre FFP priced players being offered around by clubs in FFP trouble.
Everton's 10 point deduction with possibly more to come their way, has reduced the number of takers.
A lot of pre FFP wage inflated players will also be offered around, again with few takers.
As for the journo's rumours we will sell cheap, I believe last Summer's sales prove otherwise.
The journo's don't know what to make of us this transfer window with the links to 30m+ pre FFP priced players almost in the same breath as we have to sell cheap due to FFP.
Hopefully by the last week of the window there may be a player or two that fits what we want.

Can anyone enlighten me as to the rules around submission of accounts for FFP?

I keep reading those clubs forecasting a loss had to submit accounts by 31st of December. Could there be any clubs forecasting a profit who eventually report a loss? That's if they're allowed to file their accounts later?

Given where we are at least we can sit and watch the potential blood bath.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there may be a ready supply of pre FFP priced players being offered around by clubs in FFP trouble.
Everton's 10 point deduction with possibly more to come their way, has reduced the number of takers.
A lot of pre FFP wage inflated players will also be offered around, again with few takers.
As for the journo's rumours we will sell cheap, I believe last Summer's sales prove otherwise.
The journo's don't know what to make of us this transfer window with the links to 30m+ pre FFP priced players almost in the same breath as we have to sell cheap due to FFP.
Hopefully by the last week of the window there may be a player or two that fits what we want.

I keep reading those clubs forecasting a loss had to submit accounts by 31st of December. Could there be any clubs forecasting a profit who eventually report a loss? That's if they're allowed to file their accounts later?

We are not in trouble with FFP. There is nothing to worry about we have weathered the storm and have a plan moving forward to not get into this situation again. We have many sellable assets which will help us moving forward. First and foremost we must thank Hobbs for saving us. I believe he is very good at his job. He won’t put us at risk of FFP.

We will make moves when the time is right

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will make a move for someone but expect the last few days. Still hopeful Jonny may move but won’t get his wages elsewhere big issue for us.
Free transfer and sub his wages for outstanding contract time period? Might just be worth it rather than have someone around who has upset apple cart and probably isn’t going play? Might still free up a few £ for someone to come in on lower wages.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Free transfer and sub his wages for outstanding time period? Might just be worth it rather than have someone around who has upset apple cart and probably isn’t going play.?
Might be worth trying to sign someone from a Spanish team and using him as make weight in any potential deal.

Hugo Duro Hugo Duro - Player profile 23/24

Less expensive than Guedes. Mendes could help the move. Offer them €7m & Jonny structure the payment to be made in the summer/ next seasons books.

20 games 8 goals 3 assists

Plays as a forward / wing. Just under 6ft tall

Strong on the ball. Holds the play up well, scores goals. Just turned 24 years old. Worth the gamble. Also covers 2 positions

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I've been thinking about this. Realistically these clubs will need to sell, and quickly now or in the summer.

there's no one from Forest I would buy, apart from Wood so the ****er can't score against us ever again.

From Everton, I like the look of McNeil, Mykolenko and Garner in terms of realistic targets, hence no DCL mentioned.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this. Realistically these clubs will need to sell, and quickly now or in the summer.

there's no one from Forest I would buy, apart from Wood so the ****er can't score against us ever again.

From Everton, I like the look of McNeil, Mykolenko and Garner in terms of realistic targets, hence no DCL mentioned.
Murillo from Forest?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't pay money for anybody, until after the cut off for FFP on this year's accounts in my opinion......be June or July till we spend I reckon..

It's why wem struggling to get someone in January...

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chances are If Zambia I'll able to pick up a point against Morocco or upset odd. Dr Congo will be knocked out of afcon

Simon banza? From Braga late in the window?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We won't pay money for anybody, until after the cut off for FFP on this year's accounts in my opinion......be June or July till we spend I reckon..

It's why wem struggling to get someone in January...
Massively agree it will have to be a plan with option or loan with obligation

Semih the young Turkish lad I'd love to get but doubt they'd go for something like that

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have put ourselves in a very good bargaining position.
We sold at the top and look to be buying near the bottom.
But beware we have a very shallow unbalanced squad . And being clever needs a proper follow through.

el gringo

Reaction score
Might be worth trying to sign someone from a Spanish team and using him as make weight in any potential deal.

Hugo Duro Hugo Duro - Player profile 23/24

Less expensive than Guedes. Mendes could help the move. Offer them €7m & Jonny structure the payment to be made in the summer/ next seasons books.

20 games 8 goals 3 assists

Plays as a forward / wing. Just under 6ft tall

Strong on the ball. Holds the play up well, scores goals. Just turned 24 years old. Worth the gamble. Also covers 2 positions

His name translates to Hugh Hard in English.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wood is on £100k a week. Shelvey on £75k

Forest will have fun trying to shift those two.

Edit: Forest dumped Shelvey on a free after a bust up, but apparently still picks up a portion of his wages as he was contracted until 2025.

Harry Arter is on 40k and hasn’t played for years(not been named in their squad for 2022/23 or 2023/24)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom