Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 2024 transfer window thread.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Ekitike isn't coming-it is just a question of what kind of player we can get on loan that might actually add something to the squad and be trusted by O'Neill. Surely deals can be structured with a relatively small immediate payment-say £3m and the rest paid in the summer or beyond. With Fabio and Sasa off the books for now there must be leeway to pay some decent salaries. and if Jonny goes even more so. If Frankfurt land up with both Sasa and Ekitike and us with nothing or someone second rate it won't look good. But hey ho we can only consider 'bargain' deals in the last 48 hours of the Window it would seem at a point where no team has time to find replacements.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Ekitike isn't coming-it is just a question of what kind of player we can get on loan that might actually add something to the squad and be trusted by O'Neill. Surely deals can be structured with a relatively small immediate payment-say £3m and the rest paid in the summer or beyond. With Fabio and Sasa off the books for now there must be leeway to pay some decent salaries. and if Jonny goes even more so. If Frankfurt land up with both Sasa and Ekitike and us with nothing or someone second rate it won't look good. But hey ho we can only consider 'bargain' deals in the last 48 hours of the Window it would seem at a point where no team has time to find replacements.
what is to say we have £3m or that psg would accept?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
what is to say we have £3m or that psg would accept?
No idea what there is to spend. All we know is that we have saved a lot on wages for now allowing presumably some leeway on offering decent wages to any incomers. PSG are undoubtedly keen to move him on....and he will have to accept some kind of wage reduction if he wants to move but there has been no positive vibe from the Ekitike camp about any move to Wolves as far as I am aware.

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ekitike on PSG wages is just a non-starter. Don't want him, and it seems like he will resent lower wages and a seeming fall from grace. I get no "I'll show them" vibes at all from him. Just seems like a very dicey one, and the kind of move that comes from a position of less strength than Wolves are in at the moment.

This Dia fella though...

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Ekitike on PSG wages is just a non-starter. Don't want him, and it seems like he will resent lower wages and a seeming fall from grace. I get no "I'll show them" vibes at all from him. Just seems like a very dicey one, and the kind of move that comes from a position of less strength than Wolves are in at the moment.

This Dia fella though...
Dia is injured and at Afcon

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really don’t understand the clamour for Ekitike. He’s on huge wages and has scored 4 in 25 appearances for PSG who I’m guessing score a fair few goals given they dominate their league. I’m sure there are players available with at least as much potential as him for a lot less.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Does suggest something is going to happen with sasa and Fabio off books.

Hopefully Jonny can leave to make us have more power

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had great hopes of Campbell- we will see if he works hard and gets himself back into O'Neill's thoughts rather than falling away like so many before him.

Talking of players we had great hopes for,I was thinking of Owen Otasowie the other day, had a quick Google and he seems to have disappeared off planet earth, 1 appearance for Bruge and 4 for there youth team (none since 22/23 season) since we sold him. He's gone AWOL a few times and deleted all social media.

He seemed to be a very good prospect at one point then everything went downhill very very fast.I can't find much out about him online, really strange.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Talking of players we had great hopes for,I was thinking of Owen Otasowie the other day, had a quick Google and he seems to have disappeared off planet earth, 1 appearance for Bruge and 4 for there youth team (none since 22/23 season) since we sold him. He's gone AWOL a few times and deleted all social media.

He seemed to be a very good prospect at one point then everything went downhill very very fast.I can't find much out about him online, really strange.
A story straight from the Bright playbook. Sad that such talented players just throw it away.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A story straight from the Bright playbook. Sad that such talented players just throw it away.
Pride before fall and all of that.

If they actually could be bothered to put some effort in. They both would of made decent footballers even at championship level. Instead it’s all down the drain. Attitude that clearly hasn’t got them very far in life……

Woolywolf

Reaction score

I really thought Otasowie had a great chance of being a top player. Shame he ends up as a cautionary tale. Shrewd sale in the end

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Joao Somebody or other. Plays for Braga.

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I was in school with a lad that Arsenal were interested in, at 14 years old. It was unheard of for any club to want a player from our school to attend trials. He couldn’t be bothered, rather be with his mates he said.

I played in the local team with him a few years later. He never trained, smoked 20 a day and drank like a fish. Still the best player on the pitch by a country mile, when he turned up.

The coach would be ringing around on the morning of the game trying to find out which party he was at, the night before. Then one of us would get a call back with the location and have to pick him up. Amazing days but I still wonder to this day if he would have got right to the top with the right attitude.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mendes is trying to arrange a move for Sarabia to Real Sociedad but they think the price is too high although I don't know what price they've been quoted.
Well, we don't need to sell, not for ffp at least, and he is starting to play well for us, so unless we want cash to fund someone else then why would we sanction this?

Having said that, anyone know if we can afford to buy Doyle?

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, we don't need to sell, not for ffp at least, and he is starting to play well for us, so unless we want cash to fund someone else then why would we sanction this?

We can yea but we won’t until the summer. Its a done deal 100%.

Sarabia will go on the summer, he’ll be 32 and on £95,000 a week.

Chriswwfc

Reaction score

Considering neves was the only sale within the previous period (from what I read on here?) I would have thought we have the money to purchase Doyle.

Back
Top Bottom