Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Old Molineux Photos

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great photo. I think that’s Bob taking the box who used to travel with the Hatherton (sadly passed away not too long ago). Also, think that’s John Smith 4th from right who taught me many moons ago at Deyncourt primary school.
I was going to ask the question… do we know if these guys are still around watching Wolves today, and/or still alive?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As someone on another thread was asking 'is there anything left of the old stadium still at the current ground besides the clock'? There's a section of the old Molinuex street wall.
I think in any future stadium development, this wall should be incorporated and preserved as our link to the past.View attachment 39516

I had the good fortune to visit Australian Rules Football team the West Coast Eagles home stadium while I was in Perth, Western Australia. They had a new stadium built not too long ago. Inside the new main entrance were the old turnstiles and brickwork from the original ground. I thought at the time how excellent it looked and this wall would have the same effect for me at Molineux.

Beeches wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
not questioning in any way, but i can’t imagine how things lined up?

i would have thought that was more likely to be part of the south bank if i didn’t know better…
If you check wolfpaul post 1,086 you can see the wall on the left (further down the street)
The new stand was built where the BP garage and waste land was. The pitch was moved over quite a distance as the new stands followed.
It is confusing to picture the parameters of the old molinuex.
Iv walked down molinuex street many many times.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love the trusty old Bedford Commer Van with a Mini Clubman Traveller behind it !!!!!
when I was in the scouts (late 70s) we used to have a Bedford Commer van as troupe transport. 2 Benches in the back one each side,
no seatbelts of course, and I don't think the benches were even fixed down, Used to get 10 or 12 of us in the back and 2 or 3 more in the front next to the driver

johnnybetchas

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Does anyone else "kick the ball" in the pavement when walking through the subway for good luck before a game.......?

One of those weird football superstitions me and my mates have had for many years.......after several HPA's in the Posada!
Is thatMartin?

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when I was in the scouts (late 70s) we used to have a Bedford Commer van as troupe transport. 2 Benches in the back one each side,
no seatbelts of course, and I don't think the benches were even fixed down, Used to get 10 or 12 of us in the back and 2 or 3 more in the front next to the driver

I can recall playing for my Primary School football team in 1975/76. On away matches some would pile into the Headmaster's old Rover and the others would be in a Cortina Mark 3 Estate. The kids in the Cortina knew that three of them at a bare minimum would be in the boot !

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to ask the question… do we know if these guys are still around watching Wolves today, and/or still alive?
Sadly, Bob died fairly recently. Don’t know about the others.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So… testing my memory this!!….

back row… Keith Lockhart?, Neil Edwards, Scott Barrett, Dean Edwards, Vince Bartram, no idea, Mutchy, Steve Stoutt?

middle… Geoff Palmer, Matt Hellin?, David Barnes, Darren Oldroyd, Peter Zelem, Nicky Clarke, Roger Eli, Mick Holmes, Floyd Street, Derek Ryan, (not sure of bearded guy?)

front… Neville Hamilton?, Jon Purdie, Paul Dougherty, Brian Little, Dave Heywood?, No idea, Matt Foreman?

i could have several wrong!!

Last edited:

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So… testing my memory this!!….

back row… Keith Lockhart?, Neil Edwards, Scott Barrett, Dean Edwards, Vince Bartram, no idea, Mutchy, Steve Stoutt?

middle… Geoff Palmer, Matt Hellin?, David Barnes, Darren Oldroyd, Peter Zelem, Nicky Clarke, Roger Eli, Mick Holmes, Floyd Street, Derek Ryan, (not sure of bearded guy?)

front… Neville Hamilton?, Jon Purdie, Paul Dougherty, Brian Little, Dave Heywood?, No idea, Matt Foreman?

i could have several wrong!!

Who is wearing the sunglasses?

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not looked further than this photo so I don't cheat. This has to be the most unmemorable Wolves squad in living memory. Don't even know what season this is? I assume pre Bully? Don't know any of the back row. Geoff Palmer in the black, is the black guy middle row Floyd Streete? Who the hell is the little guy in black on the other end? I recognise Brian Little. I bet Danny Crainie is in there somewhere? Embarrassing to think this lot represented our great club.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've not looked further than this photo so I don't cheat. This has to be the most unmemorable Wolves squad in living memory. Don't even know what season this is? I assume pre Bully? Don't know any of the back row. Geoff Palmer in the black, is the black guy middle row Floyd Streete? Who the hell is the little guy in black on the other end? I recognise Brian Little. I bet Danny Crainie is in there somewhere? Embarrassing to think this lot represented our great club.
Start of 86-87 season.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Far right , middle row in the track suit is Kevin Godley of Godley and Creme and 10cc fame.
Are you for real? I can't believe there has ever been a member of our management team and I have honestly never seen them before (or after!). I have never ever seen that guy before.
Can some kind person tell me what season this was and how did they do? Thanks.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Andy Mutch top row 2nd from the end from the right. 1986/87

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you for real? I can't believe there has ever been a member of our management team and I have honestly never seen them before (or after!). I have never ever seen that guy before.
Can some kind person tell me what season this was and how did they do? Thanks.
Already have. Post 1223.
86/87. Lost in playoffs to Aldershot.
Think the guy with beard was the physio.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Already have. Post 1223.
86/87. Lost in playoffs to Aldershot.
Think the guy with beard was the physio.
Thanks for that. I can now place myself exactly where I was on that day for the 2nd leg at Molineux (25 May 1987). I was on RAF duty IIRC at the Walsall Show listening to the game on radio. Miserable times to be a Wolves fan. I'm not now surprised that I had little or no memory of that side!

ricki herberts moustache

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks for that. I can now place myself exactly where I was on that day for the 2nd leg at Molineux (25 May 1987). I was on RAF duty IIRC at the Walsall Show listening to the game on radio. Miserable times to be a Wolves fan. I'm not now surprised that I had little or no memory of that side!

May 1987 I would have been bunking school, smoking pot and listening to punk music and can't remember much else!

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, it's an extract from BSK's diary! And I bet he knows the score of that Villa game and the scorers!

First match in our history. Villa own goal, that was the first professional league goal in the world and was for over 100 years, until some bright Co -ckney did some research in a London library and decided it wasnt the first voal.For me it will always be the first goal.

Back
Top Bottom