Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nuno goes to Forest

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think Rob Edwards might keep Luton in the hunt
Mick-style they will be organised and work hard but they lack both quality and depth. They may get close but l suspect valiant failure awaits. I reckon that they will look to build their new ground and have another shot at promotion next season.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems inevitable that this appointment will result in another massive influx of players at Forest in January.
I can see a lot of movement at Forest in January, but mostly out to fund any new arrivals. Nuno prefers a smaller squad, which ain't the situation at present. I imagine conversations with the owner involved upcoming FFP challenges, so a big sell off of the fringe players like we did in the Summer might kill two birds with one stone.

As others have suggested, I can definitely see a loan move for Coady - repair him with Boly in a back five. I suspect he will write off the previous with MGW as water under the bridge and look to build the team around him.

GigaWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wonder if he will try to poach Raul from fulham

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wood ,Santos, Omobamdiele Tavares Montierl Felipe Aurier, Worral, Mckenna And Volchodimos could all be heading out from their first team squad then

I would take Wood on loan and Volchodimos is better than Bentley but thats pushing it.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will be interesting to see how both Nuno and his style is received at Forest when you consider how their fanbase were still very much behind Cooper.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno to Forest is hardly an upgrade can't imagine their fans will be pleased.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I think it'll also depend on who Nuno is allowed to bring with him. The expertise and professionalism of our backroom team were also key to our success. They also all loved it at Wolves. I remember they used to sing along to "Hi ho Wolverhampton" on the bench.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was going to say MGW and him dont see eye to eye.

But i expect with the lost dressing room nuno will be expected to galvanise and trim squad to a small working effective arrangement
Not sure all this is true.
Morgan was one of the players that put out some very appreciative and complimentary words (via twitter or something) when Nuno left.
Also it’s largely believed that cooper would have preferred a smaller close nit squad, that factor was taken out of his hands…

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will cost a lot to hire nuno's backroom staff.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wood ,Santos, Omobamdiele Tavares Montierl Felipe Aurier, Worral, Mckenna And Volchodimos could all be heading out from their first team squad then

I would take Wood on loan and Volchodimos is better than Bentley but thats pushing
Id take Voldemort from Hogwarts's FC after Bentleys performance at the weekend

Dorbelflunk

Reaction score
Judging by online discourse today, especially from other teams, it's sad to see how low Nuno's reputation is amongst other supporters. We had three unforgettable seasons, and the lows are the end were far from the worst times. The Spurs story should be a footnote but because of the TV bias it's likely all some people remember.

I don't think he'll push Forest on without investment, and feel this appointment will make him a 'managerial merry go round' type manager when he's much more than that.

SingleMalt

Reaction score
Nuno will probably be a good choice but he will to start well otherwise the fans will put pressure on him replacing a very popular manager .
That’s my take on it too, it looks like a poisoned chalice and he’s once again walking into a job where the majority of fans (it appears) don’t want him. I can’t help but feel that unless things click right away then it won’t go well for him.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I personally feel that it was time to part company with Nuno but not for the ridiculous replacement in Lage.
Assuming he deploys a similar approach with Forest as he did with us then very interested to see how things pan out.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I personally feel that it was time to part company with Nuno but not for the ridiculous replacement in Lage.
Assuming he deploys a similar approach with Forest as he did with us then very interested to see how things pan out.
Just seen he's agreed terms with Forest. Pleased he won't be bringing them to Molineux this season; that would be just too difficult to see him in the away dugout. It will be bad enough watching him pit his wits against us in April. I wish him all the best at Forest.

Back
Top Bottom